Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:21 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
What the heck, I think it is a little worse that Chuck Schumer thinks the House, Senate and President are the three branches of government.
Watch the Dems closely as Chuck may have leaked some of their plans for the Supreme Court without meaning to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 11:22 AM

657 posts, read 697,460 times
Fox News do everything they can to reinforce the stereotype the world has of americans as being ignorant and dumb.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:24 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Could it be the Senator might actually see that the SC has been nothing but political extensions of respective Parties for several decades?

LOL, not likely. Although I would love for Chucky Shmucky make that argument. Even the the folks in the Peoples Republic of NY wouldn't re-elect a person make such dopey argument.

You do realize political parties are irrelevent to the branches of government right?

Old 02-01-2011, 11:26 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberleutnant View Post
And the POTUS thinks there are 60 states... the idiot!

Old 02-01-2011, 11:30 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
What a shame, a 2 year old picture doesn't make the news when it happens, it take people 2 years to figure out a mistake happened, and was corrected the day after the picture came out... LOL

2 years... I guess some people are slow...

Old 02-01-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Could it be the Senator might actually see that the SC has been nothing but political extensions of respective Parties for several decades?
bob, I have suggested elsewhere that just one more Obama Justice appointment before 2014 would certainly save Obamacare. All that needs to be done is to somehow get the Clintons to loan some of there people to the Obama people, create an untimely death for one of four justices. If the Clintons won't go along surely Andy Stern could loan them some of his boys.

Is there a chance that my suggested scenario may result in some of the 5 -4 votes on the Court that would be what you want to see.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Fox News do everything they can to reinforce the stereotype the world has of americans as being ignorant and dumb.
I take it you know very little about the mistakes that CNN, MSNBC and the big three make. Well of course, you don't watch any of them either.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:36 AM

33,542 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Everybody goofs once in awhile...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0QMe534owc

Old 02-01-2011, 11:39 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Faux News can't even get Egypt's location right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberleutnant View Post

The Fox audience would never know the difference...

"It's one them a-rab countries over yonder in the sand box."

Old 02-01-2011, 11:48 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,843 times
You mean like when Chris Matthews stated on MSNBC that the Panama Canal was in the Middle East? You nitpickers crack me up.

Palin and Bachmann Nitpicker Chris Matthews Says Panama Canal Is In Egypt | NewsBusters.org

GINSBERG: And the fact is that there’s enormous pride going back to the history of the pharaohs. The Egyptians embrace their ancient culture. But they’re very dissatisfied with their current regime.
MATTHEWS: Well, let me ask you about the prospects we’re looking at as an American. We’re looking at the map of the world right now and where Egypt sits in the world. It’s so strategically located. It has, of course, the Nile River. It has, of course, the Panama Canal.

Read more: Palin and Bachmann Nitpicker Chris Matthews Says Panama Canal Is In Egypt | NewsBusters.org

ANd Matthews was looking at a MAP of the ME....LOL People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones at each other...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies