Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2011, 08:38 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,626,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Who eles had their wives saying things like this???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx3-MGHFXkc
He is an american citizen when it serves the purpose...he pretty much went to college for free because on his application he stated he was not an american citizen....and received grants.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:39 AM

32,822 posts, read 19,513,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Correct, except for Chester Arthur, which wasn't known until years after his death. Chester Arthur knew he had something to hide; he never let anyone see his personal papers, and he had them burned when he was near death.

As posted earlier in this thread: http://lcweb2.loc.gov/service/mss/ea...9/ms009139.pdf
chesty was born in VT..the canada thing is a unfounded conspiracy theory started by Arthur P. Hinman(during the 1880 election)(an attorney for the oponent winfield hancock), who originally had the conspiracy being he was born in ireland, chesty was garfields running mate

Old 02-06-2011, 08:42 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
But his Harvard degree doesn't say where he was born. His application does...why seal that?

I don't recall that any of my college apps, or my kds', asked for place of birth. Furthermore, IF, and this is a big IF, Harvard even has his app any more, it is not a public record.-------------------------------------------------
If Obama had nothing to hide, he'd let the records flow. Maybe he's not hiding his place of birth. Maybe it's something else.

First name, last name, mom and dad, doctor, address of mom and dad, age of mom and dad, was it a single or multiple birth...nothing is incriminating for Obama if he is who he says he is.

Hey, my own birth certificate from PA doesn't have all that. as I have pointed out many times.

Let's say he's legit. Born in HI. Who do you know, born in the 60's that doesn't have a copy of the BC their mother gave them? The COLB short form is new"ish" for someone born in the 60's.

I haven't asked anyone who was born in the 60s if they have a copy of a BC their mother gave them. I can tell you, having been ages 10-20 in the 60s, BCs weren't much used back then. I got mine in the 60s for some reason. My guess is to get my driver's license. Baptism certificates and other forms of ID were quite acceptable back then, and PA is not a "banana republic".

Obama, given his age, and b/c he said he found his bc in his "mother's things" should have it. How did he get into college? Travel? Before the COLB shortie was issued everywhere? And where was that info pulled from?

I can guarantee you that my daughter did not need a BC to get into college in 2005. His mom got him a passport when they went to Indonesia when he was six. That is generally considered as acceptable, if not moreso, for ID than a birth certificate. The BC I got in 1965 is a "shortie". I'd guess the infor was pulled from the long form.

The birth certificates issued for the babies who were born in the same hospital right before and after him are online. The state of HI has those. They're online. You can look them up.

No you can't, if they're not yours.

I have an acquaintance who grew up in Hawaii and his older brother played HS bball with Obama. So he grew up there.

I'm not saying he wasn't born in HI...I'm not saying he was. It shouldn't be so hard to produce what people who question WANT to see. Not get the "oh, the COLB shortie is legit" BS/excuse/liberal line.

And then why was one of his first acts in office to seal all his records? What is he hiding?

That is one of the biggest lies of the birther movement. I'm not going to look it up now and post a link, as I've done so several times. The "sealing" applies to his acts as president. ALL presidents issue such an executive order. It's called "executive privilege".

He's just a "really private kind of guy"? Nah...no. Something's up, just what it is, no one knows.

Nothing's up.

Would you do that?

I sure as hell wouldn't release every one of the records that some "group" or "movement" decides is germane to some case. When he released his BC, the birthers started asking for all this other crap. It's never ending.If you had nothing to hide? Maybe.Protect information that means nothing b/c everyone already has your basic history? That's right, most of his history is out there, in the books he's written and in other places. There's no great secret out there that if the birthers saw, they'd get him removed from office. That's the answer.There's something on that birth certificate that he doesn't want anyone to see Maybe he was born female? Sheer utter nonsense. They weren't doing sex change operations back then, and you know someone who played baseball with HIM He's fathered kids. Maybe he was a multiple and he doesn't want to talk about it? Again, baloney. There's been so much documentation about his birth, this is wild speculation. Who knows? Why is this so important to you.
And about sealed records: Obama had a few opened... a few sealed divorce records on Ryan and Hull back in 2004. Nice guy, that Obama is, huh?
What on earth are you talking about? This is more birther nonsense. Drag something totally irrelevant up.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 02-06-2011 at 08:58 AM..

Old 02-06-2011, 09:15 AM

89,099 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
chesty was born in VT..the canada thing is a unfounded conspiracy theory started by Arthur P. Hinman(during the 1880 election)(an attorney for the oponent winfield hancock), who originally had the conspiracy being he was born in ireland, chesty was garfields running mate
Um... that post was about Chester Arthur having a non-U.S. citizen parent (his father) at the time of his birth. I have no idea how you so totally miscomprehended what was posted.

Please review it:
What other (white) president has ever been subjected to the nonsense of a birther bill?

Old 02-06-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Um... that post was about Chester Arthur having a non-U.S. citizen parent (his father) at the time of his birth. I have no idea how you so totally miscomprehended what was posted.

Please review it:
What other (white) president has ever been subjected to the nonsense of a birther bill?
my goof

there has been a conspiracy theorey that chesty was not american born (himself), which has been unfounded.. and yes his dad was born in ireland or scotland

Old 02-06-2011, 09:21 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,337,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Rule of Cole's Law?

Old 02-06-2011, 09:29 AM

89,099 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
my goof

there has been a conspiracy theorey that chesty was not american born (himself), which has been unfounded.. and yes his dad was born in ireland or scotland
It really doesn't matter where the parents were born as long as they were U.S. citizens at the time of their child's birth. Chester Arthur's father had not yet naturalized when Chester Arthur was born. He didn't become a U.S. citizen until 1843, 14 years after Chester Arthur was born.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
It really doesn't matter where the parents were born as long as they were U.S. citizens at the time of their child's birth. Chester Arthur's father had not yet naturalized when Chester Arthur was born. He didn't become a U.S. citizen until 1843, 14 years after Chester Arthur was born.
true. but chesty was born in VT, making him a natural born citizen,

Old 02-06-2011, 09:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,758,067 times
Former governor of Michigan George Romney couldn't run for president because he was born in Mexico in some Mormon community.

It's because of the birth requirement for US presidents.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:34 AM

53 posts, read 56,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Seal his records? How many times do you need to hear from the state of HA that they have his birth certificate on file?

I don't think it's a question of "sealing his records." I just think the guy is smart enough to not play a racist game.
That bolded part made me laugh. I never heard Obie and smart used in the same sentence.

Carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies