Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 03:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,601,142 times

Advertisements

Well when you go out and preach about healthy eating and the fight against obesity you are putting yourself in a glass house.

Do you live by your words ?

The Obamas did this to themselves. They don't walk the talk.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:55 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,338,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Do you know what they will actually eat out that men? Is someone on the looney right stalking them just waiting to document everything they eat during the super bowl so the sheep can discuss it later to find something else to whine on about, hmmmmmm????
Casper
Probably most of it I would guess. There weren't a whole lot of healthy choices on that menu, so your point is moot unless you're claiming they are simply serving that to the guests and that they, themselves, just won't eat at all.

3,767 posts, read 4,535,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
People in the public eye need to lead by example. Otherwise it is just rhetoric.
20yrsinBranson
It goes way beyond that. Michelle with her platform regarding obesity.

She is out there proselytizing about healthy eating and then offering cheeseburgers, wings, hotdogs, deep dish pizza, potatoe salad, chips, beer, and ice cream on a menu.

Not even a healthy option for those who care about their arteries!

Boy, Obama should learn a lesson from fellow democratic McDonald's loving Bill Clinton and his cardiac bypass surgery. And Obama smokes too. He is getting the double-whammy artery clogging.

277 posts, read 167,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
No, I could not care less to know what they eat on a daily basis, let alone the Super Bowl. But, if you're gonna go around the country preaching at everyone else, you would *think* that you would hide your own shortcomings in that regard lest you be called a hypocrite.
Right. Do you have kids? Now tell me, do you feed your kids healthy food but make exceptions for certain situations such as their birthday, christmas, thanksgiving, super bowl, a sleepover? You can't see how utterly ridiculous the people on this thread have been regarding this? It's beyond bizarre. I can't believe I even have to explain this.

19,859 posts, read 12,147,585 times
If I were to go to a Super Bowl party I would expect junk food. Even if the Mrs. is on a health food kick not everyone is. It is the Super Bowl, after all. The beer is a little snooty azz, where is the Bud?

Old 02-06-2011, 03:58 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,211,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well when you go out and preach about healthy eating and the fight against obesity you are putting yourself in a glass house.

Dude I'm a diabetic but I still have pie at Christmas, Thanksgiving and maybe Super Bowl Sunday
but I eat healthy the rest of the year, why can't the president?

22,214 posts, read 19,509,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

You do realize a difference exists between moving towards healthier eating habits and never ever eating junk food, correct?

7,545 posts, read 8,338,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire View Post
Right. Do you have kids? Now tell me, do you feed your kids healthy food but make exceptions for certain situations such as their birthday, christmas, thanksgiving, super bowl, a sleepover? You can't see how utterly ridiculous the people on this thread have been regarding this? It's beyond bizarre. I can't believe I even have to explain this.
Yep, I have kids. I try to lead by example and when *I* have a "need some chocolate" moment, I don't do so in front of them. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

44,259 posts, read 64,453,241 times
This is one of the dumbest threads ever.

Anyone who knows me on this forum knows I am against this administration and all their cronies.

But this is a party. This is a special occasion. The whole point of learning to eat right is what you do on a daily basis. Birthday cake is for your birthday, not for every day. Fair food is for the fair, not for every day. Fast food...well, I can't really think of much good for fast food, but you get my point - you eat well every day with good habits, fresh fruits and veggies, and once in a while, you can have a party and eat party food.

The problem with this country is that everyone wants to eat party food every day.

Do you get that?

Don't undermine your own credibility against Obamao and his minions by posting stupid stuff like this.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:00 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,968,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Probably most of it I would guess. There weren't a whole lot of healthy choices on that menu, so your point is moot unless you're claiming they are simply serving that to the guests and that they, themselves, just won't eat at all.
Let me remind your of something"
IT IS THE SUPER BOWL! Jeeez, take a day off and enjoy.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies