Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 09:04 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I guess what got my attention is that instead of giving healthy choices they were talking about requiring children in school to choose the healthy choice. I have no problem with that either until they say do as I say, not as I do. I think it is good to teach children what is the good choice to make, but I draw the line when certain foods are required. I have been made to drink my milk and then it made me sick. I have been required to sit at the table until I did drink my milk in school.

Healthy choices are good but some people have difficulty eating those healthy choices. The government wanting to have control over what goes into a persons mouth is a little bit too much big brother for me.
There is a thread here that another poster very thoughtfully provided the relevant parts of the Child Nutrition Bill of which you are speaking, you might wanna take a peek at it.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times
I love that type of food but it's so bad, fresh food FTW!

Old 02-09-2011, 09:06 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I guess what got my attention is that instead of giving healthy choices they were talking about requiring children in school to choose the healthy choice. I have no problem with that either until they say do as I say, not as I do. I think it is good to teach children what is the good choice to make, but I draw the line when certain foods are required. I have been made to drink my milk and then it made me sick. I have been required to sit at the table until I did drink my milk in school.

Healthy choices are good but some people have difficulty eating those healthy choices. The government wanting to have control over what goes into a persons mouth is a little bit too much big brother for me.

I agree!

And if they are going to force this healthy eating on people and their children, they need to practice as they preach.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I agree!

And if they are going to force this healthy eating on people and their children, they need to practice as they preach.
Who says they're not?
Do you have access to their daily menus?
If so, please share it with the rest of us!

Old 02-09-2011, 09:10 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
I agree!

This whole issue is one big straw man argument.

The problem is you impose a standard on Michelle that she isn't proposing herself, all in what has become a daily ritual of mindless Obama-bashing on this board.

And I do mean mindless.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Who says they're not?
Do you have access to their daily menus?
If so, please share it with the rest of us!
This topic pertains to the superbowl menu which was not healthy. Deflection again at its very best.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
This whole issue is one big straw man argument.

The problem is you impose a standard on Michelle that she isn't proposing herself, all in what has become a daily ritual of mindless Obama-bashing on this board.

And I do mean mindless.
Did I somehow give you the impression I care what you think about me? I am truly sorry if I did, because I certainly do not.

And you have it all wrong.

Michelle proposes a standard on everyone that she is not proposing on herself. Not realizing that is wrong, is kinda....mindless.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
This topic pertains to the superbowl menu which was not healthy. Deflection again at its very best.
And failure to see the big picture on your end.
Did you see the entire menu?

Old 02-09-2011, 09:17 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
Did I somehow give you the impression I care what you think about me? I am truly sorry if I did, because I certainly do not.
Likewise, I'm sure, but your position on this issue is both illogical and obviously the result of some internal need to bash Michelle Obama.

Quote:
And you have it all wrong.

Michelle proposes a standard on everyone that she is not proposing on herself. Not realizing that is wrong, is kinda....mindless.
Except she's not proposing a standard in which no one can ever eat junk food, ever, ever, ever.

So you are just being dishonest.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:17 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
I agree!

I am more thinking about a child with an ulcer being made to eat a salad or beans. Food should be a personal choice and not forced. Government needs to stay out of that choice except to inform us about food values.

I think the problem with children being fat is that they do not have the safety to go out and play. She needs to be working on stopping crime in America. Not eating is not the way to be healthy. Eating and exercising is the healthy thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies