Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2011, 11:50 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,957,224 times

Advertisements

my favorite thing about Beck is how he talks to us like adults. he is obveously very smart but he doesn't talk down to his audiance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 11:57 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,484,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
my favorite thing about Beck is how he talks to us like adults. he is obveously very smart but he doesn't talk down to his audiance.
That's what I like about him too.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:59 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,219,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
\Yes that's why he spells it out for you on a chalkboard...

Old 02-11-2011, 12:33 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,814,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
You don't think being terrified of WW3 because of unrest in a poor country is over the top? Because that is what Beck sells. Read the transcript...no assumption there. I think anyone sane would argue that these fears are irrational.
Sure "he" sells fear, the problem with what he's selling is it's entirely possible.

Disregard what Beck says for a moment.

Middle East Unrest - Brookings Institution

This is a think tank I'm sure you are familiar with. Why don't you read some truly unbiased facts and get to know what's happening in the middle east... or stay in your cave while calling everyone else sheep. What you call fear I call awareness. You don't have to be afraid to be aware. To ignore events and situations isn't bravery, but stupidity.

I'd bet you are a fan of Mencken right? Those higher ground quotes about mans fears spattered with elitist condemnation are right up your alley.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
\Yes that's why he spells it out for you on a chalkboard...
Don't professors and teachers use them as well?

Old 02-11-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Sure "he" sells fear, the problem with what he's selling is it's entirely possible.

Disregard what Beck says for a moment.

Middle East Unrest - Brookings Institution

This is a think tank I'm sure you are familiar with. Why don't you read some truly unbiased facts and get to know what's happening in the middle east... or stay in your cave while calling everyone else sheep. What you call fear I call awareness. You don't have to be afraid to be aware. To ignore events and situations isn't bravery, but stupidity.

I'd bet you are a fan of Mencken right? Those higher ground quotes about mans fears spattered with elitist condemnation are right up your alley.
What the left doesn't understand is that it's not fear that makes a coward or a hero, but it's what you DO with that fear. Being aware and prepared is the hero part, being told what to think and burying your head is the cowardly way.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Bad news for ya but the righties here talk like that all the time here, so I guess they are also emotionally fragile according to You, or do you select only someone you consider left leaning to admonish?
Casper
You mean it's a package deal? Nice, so because others in here do it, it's ok for the left to do the same. Typical reasoning. As for admonishing. If someone said something so blantantly biased about anyone I'd jump in just the same. Common sense isn't left or right.

next

Old 02-11-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Common sense isn't left or right.

next
And the truth has no agenda. Why do you think the left lies so much? They have an agenda to hide. There is no 2 ways about that.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And the truth has no agenda. Why do you think the left lies so much? They have an agenda to hide. There is no 2 ways about that.
When people have lost the moral high ground and their agendas fail the only thing left is to attack character. It's the only thing they have left. It's a sad time in any case.

cheers SourD

Old 02-11-2011, 12:46 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,608,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I see that there are still people here calling Beck delusional and paranoid. I guess they don't watch him like they say they do. If they did, they would have seen this. Are those same people going to call the sources where he got his info from paranoid and psychotic?

Beck Challenges ‘Conspiracy’ Critics: Back Up Charges With Facts | The Blaze

I love Beck.

Sometimes the truth hurts people...they cant face reality.
The real world scares them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies