Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 03:06 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,476,577 times

Advertisements

to some degree any conspiracy theory will always have followers. i think this has been true since the dawn of man ( pick your dawn ). currently there is still activity on the birther front. orly has resubmitted here case to the supreme court and the lakin trial is still going on. but.......

it almost seems that dabbling in "birther" has become the equal of the drunken hook-up. it appeared the right thing to do at the time but....... now with a little more clearity might not have been the best course of action. both republican and dem.

....or are the birthers still a vital force in the political scene ?

honest question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 03:16 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,237,069 times
Still a vital force? No, and I don't believe they ever were. You're right that some establishment politicos toyed with the meme, but I don't see "produce the birth certificate!" as a rallying cry of any of this year's primary winners.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:27 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,215,536 times
I think the average voter is starting to get tea party hysteria fatigue. When the birther movement started, some moderate voters wondered if there could be some truth to it, because the logic went that no one could possibly make such a big public stink over an issue unless there was something to it. When the whole birth certificate thing was proved to be a total fantasy, many people wrote the birther/tea party off as nuts. As they've continued to come up with crazy issue after crazy issue, and as they've started running candidates in an effort to turn those crazy issues into policy, I think many mainstream voters are starting to write tea party candidates off as dangerous nuts.

They may have done well in the primaries with their own base, but I don't think the tea party clearly understands just how much credibility they've lost in the last few months as their candidates have explained their radical, extremist views to the public. Now that mainstream America is starting to understand more about who these candidates are and what they stand for, I think the American people will do the right thing and vote these people out of politics. In may not happen in 2010, but I don't think they'll be winning much in 2012.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:49 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,481,400 times
Clarity? What clarity? You mean scumbag Obama finally revealed his long-form birth certificate? Nope! He's still hiding it...and he's still hiding his admission information to Occidental and Columbia undergraduate schools and Harvard Law School, as well as his application to take the Illinois bar exam. If he did provide those records we would know he's not eligible to be president from his own admission. Clarity? What clarity?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:50 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,623,061 times
Did obama ever show his birth cert? Was it ever really resolved?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:54 PM

449 posts, read 935,247 times
I've never investigated the issue because it isn't going to change anything. However, someone did send me a link to numerous court cases involving his BC. Elana Kagen is the attorney of record and they are fighting tooth and nail not to allow it to be released. Why?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:54 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,337,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
The landscape is becoming very toxic from the increasingly unresolved pollutants.

Maybe we need to form a Political Environmental Protection Agency.

Oh, wait! That's what freedom of the press is.

Posse Communitatus?

Old 09-27-2010, 04:02 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,323,849 times
He has been a gift so why even talk about it.

In time we will need to change the way we guarantee the information is 100% correct and anyone running for this office, VP and Speaker all need to go through a tough process to make sure they are following the law.

Obama has been a gift, teamed with the worse congress in history the democratic failures and mistakes along with the massive failures of Obama will destroy the entire dem party and end liberals running things in America for a long, long time.

Thanks to Obama we really found out what it is to be like a liberal.

Always wrong, always spending other peoples money, always in debt, always against the borders and language of America and always hating anything America does.

The gift that keeps on giving if the gift of Obama teamed with psychos Nancy and Harry has been great to us.

Keep up the horrible work so we can get rid of dems ( liberalism ) in America once and for all.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,784,683 times
Birthers will be holding onto their false religion even after Obama serves his two terms.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Yes. No, the birthers keep "moving the goalposts".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies