Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 03:21 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
[/b]

See what I mean. Nothing racist about saying blacks dont pay taxes.
It's patently absurd to say that one group of people solely based on raced doesn't pay taxes on an individual basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 03:21 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Yeah and it was one of those superior white men that put a bullet in his head.
Does that alter the fact that he held racist views? No. Does it alter the fact that he is honored today? No. Therefore, I'm not sure why you posted it as a rebuttal to my post which simply made those two points.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:26 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Does that alter the fact that he held racist views? No. Does it alter the fact that he is honored today? No. Therefore, I'm not sure why you posted it as a rebuttal to my post which simply made those two points.
Well Lincoln was wrong thats why I posted that. He felt blacks were inferior but it was a savage white man who killed him. Anyway I want compare Lincoln to some Confederate scuzzball no matter what he said.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:26 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
There are buildings all over the country with the name Robert Byrd on them
Ooh, good point. Because Democrats in West Virginia kept electing a man to the Senate decades after he publicly stated he regretted his racist history, "the left" in the United States, no matter where they live, is collectively hypocritical any time anybody criticizes somebody like Haley Barbour for refusing to criticize or condemn a movement to put early KKK leader and Confederate general (who was in charge of a massacre at Fort Pillow, despite revisionist Southern historians) Nathan Forrest on a license plate.

Is that what you're saying?

Old 02-16-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
It's patently absurd to say that one group of people solely based on raced doesn't pay taxes on an individual basis.
Dont tell these rightwingers on here that. Man I wish I could get all that money we supposedly get from them for free.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:29 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
And yet there's no solid proof the man had ANY involvement with the KKK is there? What proof do you have that any of this is even close to true?
Nathan Bedford Forrest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Nathan Bedford Forrest (July 13, 1821 – October 29, 1877) was a lieutenant general in the Confederate Army during the American Civil War. He is remembered both as a self-educated, innovative cavalry leader during the war and as a leading southern advocate in the postwar years. He served as the first Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, a secret vigilante organization which launched a reign of terrorism against blacks and Republicans during Reconstruction in the South.[1]
Nathan Beford Forrest Biography

Quote:
Wiped out financially by the war, he resumed planting and became the president of the Selma, Marion & Memphis Railroad, which he helped to promote. Joining the Ku Klux Klan shortly after the war, he was apparently one of its early leaders. Forrest once summed up his military theory as "Get there first with the most men." He died, probably of diabetes, at Memphis on October 29, 1877, and is buried there.
Patriarch of the American Frontier ... - Google Books

Quote:
1867 - In 1867, Nathan Bedford Forest, a former Confederate cavalry general, became the first Imperial Wizard and changed the group's focus to racism.
From Patriarch of the American Frontier - Related web pages
books.google.com/books?id=hWMBJfauY4oC&pg ...

Old 02-16-2011, 03:29 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Haley Barbour wouldn't hesitate to make a denouncement if they asked his opinion of Adolf Hitler.
Leave it to liberals to make statements they cannot back up. Attack the man for not interjecting himself into a delecate topic which is up to the people of his state to decide and dimiss his capabilities based upon this and this alone.

I suspect to those accustomed to throwing stones in shallow water it is easier to make much of this non-issue than to acknowledge the massive recovery and rebuilding effort Gov. Barbour spearheaded following the devistation done to Mississippi's and Southern half of the state and gulf coast following hurricane Katrina.

I guess it also doesn't help that Barbour didn't tow the Obama line during the BP oil spill but rather pointed out that the catastrophy was preventable and avoidable.

Miss. governor says oil spill was preventable | DailyComet.com

But no, liberals would have us believe that the man should be crucifed because they don't choose to learn about factual Southern history and their disdain for the South in general, even for one long dead Confederate General Forrest.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:30 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Well Lincoln was wrong thats why I posted that. He felt blacks were inferior but it was a savage white man who killed him. Anyway I want compare Lincoln to some Confederate scuzzball no matter what he said.
Okay, I misunderstood your point - sorry.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:31 PM

Im sure you'll get put on all their ignore list for that one. Good job

Old 02-16-2011, 03:35 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Leave it to liberals to make statements they cannot back up. Attack the man for not interjecting himself into a delecate topic which is up to the people of his state to decide and dimiss his capabilities based upon this and this alone.
The license plate cannot happen without the governor's support. Whether he supports it or not makes a huge difference!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies