Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2011, 09:44 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times

Advertisements

Justice I believe is not the issue here. We all know is the rapist is the one guilty of rape.

But real life ie. Nature is not fair or just. It is a jungle out there. So ladies, do not count on justice. Be SAFE.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:17 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I take deep, deep offense to your charges against me. I am one of the strongest advocates of women's rights and equality and you are just WAY out of line.

Please go back to the first page of this thread and provide evidence of my EVER claiming that women are to blame for sexual assault against them. In fact, I'll pull my own quotes to prove that I have repeatedly stated the opposite:

I really don't know how much clearer I can be.
I can guarantee you that your sensibilities are not nearly as offended as women's are by perpetuating this notion that "women are not responsible, but if only they took more sensible precautions, then xyz wouldn't happen". That is out of line.

I don't doubt that you have the best interests of women at heart, really I don't, and I'm sorry you feel so mortally offended, but please do not suppose to really know how women feel about this without really listening to what they are saying.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:22 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I can guarantee you that your sensibilities are not nearly as offended as women's are by perpetuating this notion that "women are not responsible, but if only they took more sensible precautions, then xyz wouldn't happen". That is out of line.
Take it up with RAINN. Ask them why they provide suggestions to help women reduce risk of sexual assault.

You're in over your head and I'm done dealing with your bigotry and sexism.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:27 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Take it up with RAINN. Ask them why they provide suggestions to help women reduce risk of sexual assault.

You're in over your head and I'm done dealing with your bigotry and sexism.
Wow, just wow!

Old 02-19-2011, 10:48 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
thank you to all the men and women who posted in this thread that women are never responsible for being raped and neither are the clothes she wears.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder and so is "dressing like a ****" what some consider dressing like a **** another considers just normal attire.
a woman in her youth can wear just a pair of shorts and a T shirt and look "hot", it isn't that she is trying to provoke it is the "beauty" that comes with youth that makes her look incredible. a young woman doesn't have to dress a certain way to appear provocative to some, she just is. in youth you are pretty flawless. this is the same reason why the majority of our movie stars are young women, youth is beautiful and sexy without even trying.

it was also posted women could wear a blanket and still get raped. high heels and short skirts are not the reason for rape

Old 02-19-2011, 10:51 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Just a reminder to some here, Rape is very rarely about sex, it is about control and hate, real men do not rape women. There is NO excuse for Rape, Period.
Casper

Old 02-19-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Wow, just wow!
Truth hurts, but when you accuse me of not being able to understand a woman's perspective on this issue, yet women agree with me, it's pretty clear there's a deeper bias at work.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Just a reminder to some here, Rape is very rarely about sex, it is about control and hate, real men do not rape women. There is NO excuse for Rape, Period.
Casper
Truer words have never been spoken. Amen to that.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:02 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Casper
Couldn't rep you again, so I'm doing so here. Well-said.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:18 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
It has been shown that a woman who appears vulnerable, covers every inch of skin and overall looks uncomfortable in herself is more likely to appeal to a rapist, and be raped than a confident woman in a mini and high heels. Rape is about having power over a woman, not sex, many rapists are terrified of a confident sexy woman. A woman who walks around looking aware and strong is less likely to be attacked no matter what they wear. The mini and heels will probably attract catcalls and stares, that's no surprise, but not rape. Rape is a CRIME, it's never justified.

A rapist is 100% responsible for committing a horrible crime, I don't care if a woman is walking down the street naked, men need to be taught they are allowed to look, but never touch w/o absolute understood permission. She is NEVER "asking for it."

Last edited by detshen; 02-19-2011 at 01:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies