Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:38 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times

Advertisements

In the same link: Get the satire now????? Actually, I laughed my a$$ off. Next thing you know, people are going to start posting stuff from the onion and claim it's real.

Abortion Needed to Spare People from Lives of Bad Cuisine

(D-Wisc). As Ms Moore sees it, a timely abortion saves many from lives that are sustained by bad cuisine.

“If all your parents can afford to feed you is Ramen noodles and mayonnaise sandwiches you’re better off dead,” contended the plump congresswoman. “I mean, if I couldn’t get my regular dose of pizzas, cheese burgers, and ice cream I’d kill myself. By getting an abortion a woman saves her child from having to face a harrowing choice between a grim life of bad-tasting food and blowing one’s head off.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 09:22 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So they have no problem cutting SS but won't touch welfare ?
That one speaks volumes about who is important in the US.
Interesting isn't it. Only the taxpayers are brutalized by this administration. There is no expectation that the welfare crowd do any belt tightening at all.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:23 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
It actually doesn't surprise me that many people at C-D are so focused on hatred/ignorance to take a joke and convince themselves it's real.

I know Poe's Law states "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of any crackpot or extremist belief that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."...but this not only states it pretty obviously, but a good number of people have pointed it out. Yet people still believe it no matter how many people mock the hell out of them for doing so.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:23 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Interesting isn't it. Only the taxpayers are brutalized by this administration. There is no expectation that the welfare crowd do any belt tightening at all.

It's satire, for God's sake, read the damned Link!!!

Old 03-18-2011, 09:25 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I am starting to believe that the government and states should get out of the retirement business. I have the perfect solution. Raise everyone's salary about 20-30%. Then starting with people under 45, they will no longer pay into social security or state pension plans if they are government employees, and use that salary increase to save for their future retirement in a safe retirement plan, and after working for 20-30-or 40 years since they will probably have to work til they are 70, the person has saved a nice nest egg without being dependent on the government to take care of them which we have seen isn't working. Social security will be bankrupt if the government doesn't do anything about it, and that means more borrowing or higher taxes to pay for it.

The states can't balance their budgets because they are forced to pay their retired government workers pension, that is guaranteed until the people die. So the state employees who will have a 20-30% pay raise, can start saving 10% instead of the average 8% for retirement. The state matches it in a 401k plan, and what ever that person has saved, then at retirement that's what he or she lives off of for the rest of their lives. It's just a thought, and probably won't ever happen.
What they ought to do is just cut a check to everyone for what they paid into social security and be done with it.

Social Security payments were never invested, never saved for the payers. The government used them for whatever it chose and now the money isn't there.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:29 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
What they ought to do is just cut a check to everyone for what they paid into social security and be done with it.

Social Security payments were never invested, never saved for the payers. The government used them for whatever it chose and now the money isn't there.
First, this was satire. We all had a good laugh and the people here caught on in under an hour which was pretty good IMO.

About SS, after two years it's basically welfare. There was never THAT MUCH money put in by people.
SS was only ever meant to be a supplement, never was it to be a full retirement.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:29 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,226 times
Quote:

I never thought about that. If you are right about the government doing whatever it wants with social security tax payer's money, then we really need to over haul it. Government isn't in the business to invest money, or so they say, but then again the states invest their state employees' pension money all of the time.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:48 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,946 times
Quote:
The old are a lost cause. The young mind is less stubborn and open to radical utopian ideas.
That's funny given that the young pay the taxes to fund social security and medicare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies