Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 01:58 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times

Advertisements

Travelled from overseas landing in JFK then onto Ft Lauderdale, Florida and took the same route to return home (overseas). Had to pass quite a few TSA agents and can only wonder: Where the hell do they find these people?

I saw several "agents" walking around with that "you want some of me" look on their face. Ohhhh, so scared at their intimidating posturing. Then there were those "agents" that were loud and bosterious doing absolutely nothing but standing around!!! When we were going throught the last check point two "agents" came over with hands on hips and sided up to hubby (Arab). There was one big guy who had his 12 inch braids pulled back into a ponytail talking real loud to the female "agent" checking the luggage passing through the x-ray machine and she's laughing and talking back and, on yeah, occasionally looking at the images!!!!

Sorry, but when you have so many people out of work who are educated, clean cut, well spoken, courteous, is this is the best that the government could find and I really want to know where they found them. This is the second trip that when I collected my luggage the lock was missing. Geez, if you are going to go through my dirty laundry at least put the lock back on!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 02:02 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
"Those qualified for this position will not be considered and need not apply".

Old 06-28-2012, 02:04 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,188,113 times
Well, they take a bunch of applications, find the worst one, and hire them as a TSA agent.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:37 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,806,242 times
I've had 'em wand my bare arms before,
as if I had a weapon under my skin.
What would one expect, though?
Who would want that job?
I just smile a lot and hold my tongue.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:37 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Travelled from overseas landing in JFK then onto Ft Lauderdale, Florida and took the same route to return home (overseas). Had to pass quite a few TSA agents and can only wonder: Where the hell do they find these people?

I saw several "agents" walking around with that "you want some of me" look on their face. Ohhhh, so scared at their intimidating posturing. Then there were those "agents" that were loud and bosterious doing absolutely nothing but standing around!!! When we were going throught the last check point two "agents" came over with hands on hips and sided up to hubby (Arab). There was one big guy who had his 12 inch braids pulled back into a ponytail talking real loud to the female "agent" checking the luggage passing through the x-ray machine and she's laughing and talking back and, on yeah, occasionally looking at the images!!!!

Sorry, but when you have so many people out of work who are educated, clean cut, well spoken, courteous, is this is the best that the government could find and I really want to know where they found them. This is the second trip that when I collected my luggage the lock was missing. Geez, if you are going to go through my dirty laundry at least put the lock back on!!!!
How about you go to work for them and get their hiring policies changed/updated? Make a difference. Not whine on an internet board.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:44 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
How about you go to work for them and get their hiring policies changed/updated? Make a difference. Not whine on an internet board.
The OP may be polite, professional, and courteous. In other words, she is not qualified to work for the TSA!

Old 06-28-2012, 04:53 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
From the inner city.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
From the same place they recruit ATF agents and VA disability screeners. Their biggest problem is moving all the barrels so they can scrape underneath.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:58 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
If it's any consolation, know that these people will be hitting the UE line pretty soon once the next fiscal crisis hits and replaced with more competent people or none at all.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:36 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
If it's any consolation, know that these people will be hitting the UE line pretty soon once the next fiscal crisis hits and replaced with more competent people or none at all.
I vote none at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies