Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2011, 02:16 PM

277 posts, read 166,843 times

Advertisements

Signs....ok. Not sure how that has anything to do w/civil discourse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 02:20 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,343,835 times
Walker, can I "Modestly" kick you in the nuts? Classic!

Old 02-26-2011, 02:24 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,171,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire View Post
Signs....ok. Not sure how that has anything to do w/civil discourse.
Sorry, I mistyped. I should have said, political discourse. Anyway, we have all been told, ad nauseum, that political discourse such as this is harmful to the body politic.........by american liberals/leftists and the mainstream press as recently as the arizona shooting and for the last couple of years of the tea party protests. Now it would appear.......it isn't. Nice.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:24 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Because the right views the armed forces as incapable of making mistakes. Which point of view is more realistic? I'd say the left has a better grasp on reality than the right. We shall not forget the millions we killed for no reason, the countries we destroyed, the leaders we killed or, worse, installed to terrorize their citizens so our corporate interests could be maintained. And how can we forget the trillions in debt we have yet to pay? What exactly did we get for that money? No, the left doesn't treat the armed forces as a "punchline". There's absolutely nothing funny about it.
Wow. Not much to say about this, except you've forgot the millions we've saved, liberated, fed and the countries we've helped and rebuilt.

Truly incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire View Post
Yeah, I'm sure.
Some people on here seem to think the protestors are a bunch of out of control criminals. The protests have been totally peaceful, read the paper perhaps, maybe you'll get a better sense of it.
That's because the media have not published all the wonderful signs, sentiments, comparison to Hitler, Stalin - a classic double standard well documented.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:27 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,171,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Walker, can I "Modestly" kick you in the nuts? Classic!
I'm here to serve my liberal/leftist brothers and sisters. May I assume you liked the hitler and nazi signs too.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:31 PM

277 posts, read 166,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

That's because the media have not published all the wonderful signs, sentiments, comparison to Hitler, Stalin - a classic double standard well documented.
What are you even talking about? I'm talking about all the talk about the protestors & their behavior. What do signs have anything to do w/it? I said the protests have been peaceful. I know you may be desperate to show otherwise but you'd be wrong.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:54 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Do they not require US history in the Florida schools?

Ludlow Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bibliography: References and Links (This one near my home.)
Columbine Mine Massacre (This happened in the town where I live.)
Great job Katiana! Perhaps we can educate these uninformed and ignorant people!

Old 02-26-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Sorry, I mistyped. I should have said, political discourse. Anyway, we have all been told, ad nauseum, that political discourse such as this is harmful to the body politic.........by american liberals/leftists and the mainstream press as recently as the arizona shooting and for the last couple of years of the tea party protests. Now it would appear.......it isn't. Nice.
http://bloomfieldreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/TEA-PARTY-LITTLE-OVER-THE-TOP1.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-26-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Truly incredible.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:59 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,113,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
These lefties get their talking points from their handlerers and just spew them out which is why we get so many statements that do not compute.
Great response. Makes sense now. I was starting to wonder.

P.S. Love your caption thingy with the Bible verse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies