Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 07:55 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Most of the suspects are 17-19. I would hardly call them men. Just dumb kids that will pay dearly for their actions. For the suspects over 21, I think castration is a fit punishment.
The human brain isn't fully developed until the age of 25. Two or three years doesn't make that much of a difference, even less in todays world.

Humans are heard animals. Studies have been done showing that "gang" mentality can influence people into doing things that they know are wrong. I'll have to look it up, but they showed a group of 10 people a picture of a rectangle. Five of them were in on the study. Then they changed the picture to a triangle, and the five in on it swore it was still a rectangle. Four out of the other Five began to agree with the group, knowing they were seeing a triangle, but calling it a rectangle. One person did not.

This proves that when a group of people start doing something that is wrong, other people will agree with that, so as not to upset the heard.

We all know that rape is wrong, especially when someone is 11 years old like this. But there are other reasonings other than what people here are thinking. These boys should have to go through tough psychological examination, and hopefully they can go on to help them as they get older.

Of course they should be punished, but there is more to play here then the initial reaction by most of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 07:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
This also happens when you allow those from south of the border and their way of life, to go on unchecked in this nation.
They bring the ways of their homeland here.
12 is the age of consent in Mexico. They have no problem forcing an a girl from age 10 to have sex.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:00 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,847,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This is what happens when you allow those from south of the border and their way of life, to go on unchecked in this nation.
They bring the ways of their homeland here.
12 is the age of consent in Mexico. They have no problem forcing an a girl from age 10 to have sex.
Weren't most of the suspects black?

Old 02-27-2011, 08:03 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,019 times
Quote:
Most of the suspects are 17-19. I would hardly call them men. Just dumb kids that will pay dearly for their actions. For the suspects over 21, I think castration is a fit punishment.
When I was 17 I was in the navy. They are certainly old enough to charge as adults. In point of fact they should be.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:03 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,847,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The human brain isn't fully developed until the age of 25. Two or three years doesn't make that much of a difference, even less in todays world.

Humans are heard animals. Studies have been done showing that "gang" mentality can influence people into doing things that they know are wrong. I'll have to look it up, but they showed a group of 10 people a picture of a rectangle. Five of them were in on the study. Then they changed the picture to a triangle, and the five in on it swore it was still a rectangle. Four out of the other Five began to agree with the group, knowing they were seeing a triangle, but calling it a rectangle. One person did not.

This proves that when a group of people start doing something that is wrong, other people will agree with that, so as not to upset the heard.

We all know that rape is wrong, especially when someone is 11 years old like this. But there are other reasonings other than what people here are thinking. These boys should have to go through tough psychological examination, and hopefully they can go on to help them as they get older.

Of course they should be punished, but there is more to play here then the initial reaction by most of us.
A herd of one million people could not convince me it was okay to rape someone. Why? Because I was raised to have a mind of my own.

I've been young before, and in high school I had my "clique", but there were some stupid things they did that I just didn't join in.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Weren't most of the suspects black?

Yes.

it is getting disgusting out there for all Americans.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
A herd of one million people could not convince me it was okay to rape someone. Why? Because I was raised to have a mind of my own.

I've been young before, and in high school I had my "clique", but there were some stupid things they did that I just didn't join in.
You'd be surprised what the heard can get you to do. You should really look at some of the research done on this subject.

The Nazi's are a perfect example. An entire country, and many of them knew what was happening to the Jews, most folks went along with it. There are a few shining examples, but its about 10% of the population who is really capable of making up their own minds and don't care what others say.

Most of them we consider insane, because they don't fit well into society.

Like I said, I'm not justifying what these boys did, I'm just trying to cast some light on the workings of their mental ability at the time. Its not always that they were sex crazed idiots that need to be castrated or killed.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:10 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
A lifetime in prison would be better. Apparently criminals don't abide child molesters. Life for these men would be.........harsh.
Sex reassignment and hormone therapy prior to throwing them in there with the male population. Make them real purty for the boyz.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:11 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

The Nazi's are a perfect example.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvw-r5LPjoUfjtCeslfJdzvgTY1_7lZC3oab5loPd_l73Ty4eEUg (broken link)

Old 02-27-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Sex reassignment and hormone therapy prior to throwing them in there with the male population. Make them real purty for the boyz.
Why are the Nazi's not an example of heard mentality and the effect of the mob on the individuals thinking?

Please, enlighten us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies