Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 04:04 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
1. stay out of the economic prediction business, you are not very good at that
Actually I've done QUITE well with my predictions.
I'd predicted the stock market was turning around back in April 2 years ago & jumped back in with both feet while all those idiot "doom & gloom" types were predicting the S&P was going to drop below 400. Now, 2 year later the S&P has DOUBLED. And I've been able to RETIRE.

I've been saying for more tha a year now that recovery was underway because I'd been watching the LEI (which turned around early in the 2Q 09 - and INDEED it has been - with things like factory orders on the rise for around 18 months or so now, a net GAIN in jobs last year (for the 1st time since 2007), Holiday sales figures last year were the BEST EVER recorded (surpassing 2007's numbers - which HAD been the high water mark), the auto industry rebounding in a big way, and companies like Catepillar, Amazon, Apple & others EXPANDING.

So yeah, I fee pretty good about my predictions. Have I been right on everything? No - housing is STILL struggling and job growth has been less than I'd like or expected to see - though it HAS been growing (and THAT looks like it's finally gaining traction too so expect to see LOTS more hiring in the next few months).

All in all, pretty darned good.

Ken

Old 03-06-2011, 04:20 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
again that is your misguided interpretation in order to fit your manipulated agenda. YOU and ONLY YOU are the one manipulating and interpreting I'm not.
Really?
Hmmmmmm
And yet SOMEHOW the Supreme Court is NOT throwing out things like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid - or even Welfare - or the bailouts of Chysler way back when or once again a couple years back (along with the bailout of GM).

Again you seem to think that YOUR opinion of what the government should do based on the Constitution is somehow SUPERIOR to that of 70-some years worth of Supreme Court Justices.

So tell me - if ALL those things are unconsitutional, WHY haven't they been struck down? Why - with Justices both on the Right and the Left serving on the Supreme Court - hasn't the Supreme Court ruled those programs were UNCONSTITUTIONAL? Why do all those folks - who are the GUARDIANS of the Constitution - DISAGREE with YOUR INTERPRETATION of the Constitution?

Why?

When you can tell me that - and make a convincing case that YOU (rather than THEY) understand the Constitution best, THEN, I'll take you seriously. Until that point, you are just some anonymous nut with delusions of grandeur. So put up or shut up - WHY has the Supreme Court let all those things stand (some of them for the better part of a CENTURY)?

Ken

Old 03-08-2011, 06:53 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Actually I've done QUITE well with my predictions.
I'd predicted the stock market was turning around back in April 2 years ago & jumped back in with both feet while all those idiot "doom & gloom" types were predicting the S&P was going to drop below 400. Now, 2 year later the S&P has DOUBLED. And I've been able to RETIRE.
No offense but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know when the market bottoms out there is only one way to go but up. Most people didn't have money laying around since they already lost it. Yea good ole "Quantitative Easing" brought back the market.

Quote:
I've been saying for more tha a year now that recovery was underway because I'd been watching the LEI (which turned around early in the 2Q 09 - and INDEED it has been - with things like factory orders on the rise for around 18 months or so now, a net GAIN in jobs last year (for the 1st time since 2007), Holiday sales figures last year were the BEST EVER recorded (surpassing 2007's numbers - which HAD been the high water mark), the auto industry rebounding in a big way, and companies like Catepillar, Amazon, Apple & others EXPANDING.

So yeah, I fee pretty good about my predictions. Have I been right on everything? No - housing is STILL struggling and job growth has been less than I'd like or expected to see - though it HAS been growing (and THAT looks like it's finally gaining traction too so expect to see LOTS more hiring in the next few months).

All in all, pretty darned good.

Ken
you and I disagree on words and meanings. With the tax bill settled there is more certainy than before that's for sure. But I dont see a recovery when wages are down and prices are up. That's depression.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:24 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,241,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Iincentive-fueled sales? Makes me wonder how much the American tax payers paid to finance the union profit?
That's right demonize American workers. Keep repeating the Fox rich, elitist corporate propaganda. How about how the ultra rich robber barons swindling millions out of TRILLION$$$. Worry you at all?

Old 03-08-2011, 07:24 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Really?
Hmmmmmm
And yet SOMEHOW the Supreme Court is NOT throwing out things like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid - or even Welfare - or the bailouts of Chysler way back when or once again a couple years back (along with the bailout of GM).

Again you seem to think that YOUR opinion of what the government should do based on the Constitution is somehow SUPERIOR to that of 70-some years worth of Supreme Court Justices.

So tell me - if ALL those things are unconsitutional, WHY haven't they been struck down? Why - with Justices both on the Right and the Left serving on the Supreme Court - hasn't the Supreme Court ruled those programs were UNCONSTITUTIONAL? Why do all those folks - who are the GUARDIANS of the Constitution - DISAGREE with YOUR INTERPRETATION of the Constitution?

Why?

When you can tell me that - and make a convincing case that YOU (rather than THEY) understand the Constitution best, THEN, I'll take you seriously. Until that point, you are just some anonymous nut with delusions of grandeur. So put up or shut up - WHY has the Supreme Court let all those things stand (some of them for the better part of a CENTURY)?

Ken
Like I said Ken, keep trying. This isn't about me. These aren't my words. I am repeating the words of the Founders who knew, from experience, from history, what happens when man tries to rule others. Our nation wasn't set up to be run by lawyers.

The difference between what I believe in and what you believe in is mainly one thing. You believe in force and coercion to get what you want and I do not.

These MEN do not have the answer. That is why we are nation of laws and not of men. You are stuck in an oligarchical philosophy. And we are an oligarchy.

You make the same mistake when you think of economics. Thinking these smart men must know how to do things the proper way. Why haven't these smart, knowledgeable men, in the last 50 years, figured out a way to have a stable economy? Ignore the results, it must be working, it must be the right thing to do because they say so. pfffft

One way you say to make money is to wait for a huge crisis. Take advantage of it by selling right before the market crashes or you just happen to have a lot of cash on hand because you'll need that cash to buy once it bottoms out. So let me ask you this. How long before the next crisis so I can make money?

I don't get it. Even if you disagreed with my "interpretation " you have to realize what you back flat out doesn't work. All these smart people running peoples lives and look at the mess we are in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies