Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 08:36 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Defend your statement that teachers are not part of the middle class.
Quote:
If you are against Moore and the lifestyles of "Hollywood elites", you surely must also be against the lifestyles of the corporate billionaires who sucked their wealth out of the American laborer!
I didn't say I was "against" Moore and the lifestyles of the Hollywood elites, nor did I say teachers weren't part of the "middle class".

I won't engage further with a liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 08:37 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
If you are against Moore and the lifestyles of "Hollywood elites", you surely must also be against the lifestyles of the corporate billionaires who sucked their wealth out of the American laborer!
Michael Moore's net worth is listed between $25,000,000 and 50,000,000.

Is that rich? Seems rich to me. Isn't that our money?

Old 03-06-2011, 09:00 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Michael Moore's net worth is listed between $25,000,000 and 50,000,000.

Is that rich? Seems rich to me. Isn't that our money?
Moore is fighting for increasing taxation on the wealthy, which would include him. I guess he is then willing to do his part.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:02 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
Quote:
Moore is fighting for increasing taxation on the wealthy. I guess he is then willing to do his part.
Or, he and his pals in Hollywood could just start giving away their money to those they think that "deserve" it. What is stopping them? What, they cant do it without the government prying it from their hands?

Then again, these are the same folk that preach about the environment yet use up more energy and pollute more in a month/year than we will our entire lives.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:06 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Or, he and his pals in Hollywood could just start giving away their money to those they think that "deserve" it. What is stopping them? What, they cant do it without the government prying it from their hands?

Then again, these are the same folk that preach about the environment yet use up more energy and pollute more in a month/year than we will our entire lives.
Lame post and poor rebuttal. How do you know what Moore does/or does not donate? How much do the top 2% income earners "donate?"

Old 03-06-2011, 09:12 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Funny to watch people make the assumption Moores motives are pure rather than selfish.

After all he is a filmaker in Hollywood where nothing is what it seems.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Funny to watch people make the assumption Moores motives are pure rather than selfish.

After all he is a filmaker in Hollywood where nothing is what it seems.
I suspect he his gathering a lot of film for another movie, "How the Tea Party Ran Out of Steam".

Old 03-06-2011, 09:22 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
Michael Moore rallies Wis. pro-union protesters - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_wisconsin_budget_unions_protest - broken link)

A true working class hero comes to help the cause in Wisconsin.

He is right when he said that the wealthy have overreached.

"Working class hero"?

Michael Moore is a rich, fat (literally) cat who comes from an upper class family and has never had adversity one day in his life. He is a petty demagogue and his "buisness", designed to enrich himself, is falsely promoting the cause of "working people", while practicing quite a different policy. Every left wing loon in the US has lit to Wisconsin like a moth to a light bulb- they just cannot help themselves. Of course, Jesse Jackson showed up there. When will Sean Penn and Al Sharpton be showing up? I just can't wait.

Another liberal hypocrite. Is there such thing a genuine liberal?

Old 03-06-2011, 09:23 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,029 times
Why didn't Moore create a rally or protest for the old, poor and disabled when he heard that TPTB will cut their benefits they need just to survive??? Perhaps it's because teachers and supervisors can afford to buy movie tickets...

Old 03-06-2011, 09:27 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
Michael Moore rallies Wis. pro-union protesters - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_wisconsin_budget_unions_protest - broken link)

A true working class hero comes to help the cause in Wisconsin.

He is right when he said that the wealthy have overreached.
My head just freaking exploded. Really? He's "working class"?

News flash, genius - he's wealthy. The fact that he's trotting himself out there as one of the "regular folk" just proves how absolutely nuts the guy is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies