Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 07:38 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The members of Congress couldnt even read the bill before it was passed. What makes you think the public could?
Thank you for answering the stupid question directed to me. I thought it shold be pretty obvious, but you know how the lefties are. I am so sick of the idiotic deflecting and trying to turn the blind eye coming from the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 07:38 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
The members of Congress couldnt even read the bill before it was passed. What makes you think the public could?
Its in the bill is it not?

If you can't understand the wording, then its still not "hiding it" or slipping in the back door, or lying to the American people, its still there.

Republican congressmen can read, right? Why didn't they bring it up when it was on the floor?

Old 03-08-2011, 07:39 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Thank you for answering the stupid question directed to me. I thought it shold be pretty obvious, but you know how the lefties are. I am so sick of the idiotic deflecting and trying to turn the blind eye coming from the left.
Its not a stupid question, how is it hiding when its in the bill. I can't help that you don't understand the words.

If I were a Republican, I'd be even more disturbed by the Republican congressmen I voted for who didn't understand the words when it was up for a vote.

Generally, when someone says a question is stupid, its because they don't have a good answer.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:39 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

If you can't understand the wording, then its still not "hiding it" or slipping in the back door, or lying to the American people, its still there.

Republican congressmen can read, right? Why didn't they bring it up when it was on the floor?
Case and point.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:42 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
I dont know if its in the bill... I'm unaware of the section being discussed which has the $100B expense attached to it..
Quote:

Nancy Pelosi herself said you couldnt find out what was in it until she passed it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoE1R-xH5To

And the GOP DID bring it up.. Democrats didnt care.. and you know this..

Old 03-08-2011, 07:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Its not a stupid question, how is it hiding when its in the bill. I can't help that you don't understand the words.

If I were a Republican, I'd be even more disturbed by the Republican congressmen I voted for who didn't understand the words when it was up for a vote.

Generally, when someone says a question is stupid, its because they don't have a good answer.
It was a stupid question.. Everyone who's followed the topic knows they didnt produce the bill until what, the night before it was passed.. Is it your contention that you can properly read, comprehend 2,000+ pages, analize the full results, the costs associated with it, etc in less than a day?

Seriously... thats your argument?

Old 03-08-2011, 07:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
The CBO projected increased costs because of Obama care.. do you really want people to check with the CBO?
The price of HC has more than doubled since 2001. Let's hope the bill will slow it down some. The bill being a never ending discussion in 2009, so if you didn't familiarize yourself with the topic, then there is only yourself to blame.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Why would I, and several other people I know, have been able to read the Bill before it was passed, and others couldn't? I have always wondered about that.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:17 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Was it in the bill? Could people read the bill before it was law?

Its not hiding anything.
The $105B was in the bill. How many hours did the Congress persons have to read the whole 2900 pages of the bill before they voted on it? How many Republicans voted yea? The Dems did prove that they could pass something like that without any Republican votes, though.

Your question about reading that thing before the vote is one of the silliest questions I have ever seen. Of course, we all know that 2900 pages is more than the fastest speed reader could read and comprehend in the amount of time given.

The $105.5 billion was discovered in there about 2 weeks before the election of 2010 but of course it wasn't deeply embedded and hard to find.

I guess you don't know about the slush funds this thing created for Kathleen Sebelius to spend and one of them didn't establish a set amount. You are having lots of trouble seeing what was done to us.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:18 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
A phony number that pisses off Right Wing radicals.
Where is your proof of the phoniness of that number? I will accept the words of the Congressional Research Service before accepting your words. Theirs has some proof and yours have your words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies