Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:26 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Only rant missing was "tax cuts for millionaires". Well done.

I was answering a post specifically addressed to me. So that qualifies as a "rant" in your book? Seems you missed the White House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
They'll probably keep quiet, mind their own business and when the times comes, flock to the polls to vote pro-business.

Obviously, abandoning responsibility doesn't take courage.
Actually it does take courage. Those jobs are not blue collar "jobs." They don't punch a time clock. They have to THINK and ANALYZE what is in the best interest of their constituients and take action to represent their constituients. They don't go to work every day and "vote" like making wedjets. It is being very responsible to understand what is going on and to take the appropriate action to represent the people who elected you. By taking that action, they brought this enormously crooked and corrupt behavior by the new REpublican governor to light for everyone to see.

I guess we're just going to have to wait to see what happens in the voting booths and what happens with the recall process.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It is well past time for Wisconsin businesses to start boycotting these union jerks. They should ask everyone entering their establishment if they belong to a union. If they refuse to answer, or answer "yes", then kick them the hell out. Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone, and they should start exercising that right.

I am already making a list of non-union Wisconsin businesses where I can make purchases, and I am certain that others around the nation will help support non-union Wisconsin businesses.
Now that sounds like a really, really stupid plan if businesses want to make a profit.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:42 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
You're wrong ^^^^ ...............the far right "scumbags" have really proven to us all that they will destroy the working class in this country and that they are very "Anti-American." In fact, they've proven that they will break the law and have absolutely no shame about doing so in order to ensure the continuation of the oligarchy that is now our country. Wonder what they get in return from the Koch brothers for their efforts? I'm thinking that ultimately they will get "screwed" like the rest of the middle and working class in this country.

By the way, once someone is given a paycheck for work performed, that money is NOT tax payers' money any longer. You do understand that, don't you? You're a really strong "business" supporter and supporter of people working for a living and COMPLETE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, aren't you? Then you must understand that the money people earn from the work they do belongs only to THEM and they can spend it any way they want, don't you?

Thanks for showing me that you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Walker just gave them the right to choose to SPEND THEIR money the way they want. They did not have this right before. You should have known that.

Now they can say hell no to the union bosses if they want to thanks to Gov. Walker.

The middle class BS you keep posting about are lies and hate started by Psycho Ed Schultz. The ultimate anti American who seems to be able to have little robots who do not know better follow his hate.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:42 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
I think your understanding of politics and what's happening financially in this country is very narrow and very simple........far too simple. If you don't understand why the Democrats left WI in order to support their constituients, then I'm certain that I could not explain it to you adequately for your understanding.
This topic is specifically about the situation with the unions and the Democrats in Wisconsin. So no, my view and understanding of politics and economics is not narrow. We're just discussing a piece of a puzzle.

You know why they left and refused to due their jobs? Because they're immature cowards. Instead of following the democratic process, they tried to stop it. Don't like what the governor is proposing? Vote against it and get your party elected the next time around and reverse it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier
IMO, so many "ordinary people" have been so totally and completely duped by the wealthy elite from Wall Street to the White House that it is breath-taking. Completely breath-taking. And from reading posts on this board I have become convinced that there is a large segement of people "out there" who will remain clueless until "reality" hits them where they live and in their bank accounts. We're all going to be living in a "third world country" environment. The same people who were in power when the housing bubble, and the crooked dirivitives were at their peaks are still in power and they are still taking your money left and right. They use it to buy big mansions, on prostitutes, to buy cocaine, and on and on. And they aren't finished with YOU (or all of us) yet. They are the advisors to BOTH Democrats and Republicans. And you guys think the "problem" is as simple as collective bargaining and that's how you're going to "solve" it and make everything better. That's a reallly sad and pitiful joke on the people who are swallowing the propaganda being put out there by people like the Koch brothers and other shameless multi billionaires who are bloated with Greed and lust for power. In time you will see. But I think that by the time you see, it will be too late to save "our world" as we know it in the middle and working class.
Again, this thread is about the unions and Wisconsin.

But to respond to your point, who from Wall Street is taking your money? Who forced the American people to act irresponsibly by living beyond their means? I'm not saying the banks are exempt from any blame. They certainly did play a role in the economic crisis. But so did irresponsible Americans and so did the government. Blaming everything on Wall Street is very one-sided. You accuse me of having a very narrow view, yet your espousing a narrow view yourself.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:44 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Now that sounds like a really, really stupid plan if businesses want to make a profit.

So now you are ok with a business making money.

That is odd because most libs do not want the businesses to make any money and want the workers to make all of the money while the SMART BUSINESS OWNER does not make anything.

Face it, you and your union friends lost. Get over it.

Those stupid union people like most liberals who need guidance, now have a choice thanks to Walker.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Thanks for showing me that you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Walker just gave them the right to choose to SPEND THEIR money the way they want. They did not have this right before. You should have known that.

Now they can say hell no to the union bosses if they want to thanks to Gov. Walker.

The middle class BS you keep posting about are lies and hate started by Psycho Ed Schultz. The ultimate anti American who seems to be able to have little robots who do not know better follow his hate.
So you watch Ed Schlutz? I don't. Don't like his style. I never would have guessed that YOU would watch Schultz. LOL I have no idea what he says.

I read a lot. And like so many others, when you live in a "third world country" environment and this country is a very open oligarchy, you're going to be so shocked. Hindsight will make so many people dizzy with illness.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
So now you are ok with a business making money.

That is odd because most libs do not want the businesses to make any money and want the workers to make all of the money while the SMART BUSINESS OWNER does not make anything.

Face it, you and your union friends lost. Get over it.

Those stupid union people like most liberals who need guidance, now have a choice thanks to Walker.
I support capitalism with a balance of regulations for protections, and some social programs. That's it.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:11 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
That's what you call big government and communism. Better dead than red!!!
Guess you have no clue as to what railroad work is like.......

Old 03-11-2011, 11:12 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Sending letters is fair. It puts them on notice. I see nothing wrong with that at all.

The letter is clearly extortion, and written by the
executive director of the Wisconsin Professional
Police Association. I see something wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies