Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 10:51 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,231,801 times

Advertisements

So from our friendly gun-toting, death-dealing, oh-so-conservative state of TEXAS we have this pretty little gem:

"Women seeking an abortion would have to first get an ultrasound under a measure approved on Thursday by the Texas House of Representatives. […]

Women would have to get an ultrasound between 24 and 72 hours before an abortion, the bill says. They would view the sonogram, hear an explanation of the image and listen to the heartbeat, if it is audible.

"We want to make sure that they're fully informed, that they understand the medical consequences, the psychological consequences and everything involved in the procedure," said the bill's author, Republican state Rep. Sid Miller."

Well, gee golly gosh, Sid, are you going to provide information for both sides of the option here? Actually, no you won't. Matter of fact, I'll do that for you.

Alright so sure we all know of the supposed 'evils' of having an abortion and how it will send you straight to hell, yada yada yada, blab blah blah. What we are not making ourselves aware of is the downsides to having children. Oh, Republicans and Conservatives alike are shocked and appalled at this statement? Don't act so surprised. I mean if you opened your eyes and shut your mouth for once you'd actually make some sense! Anyways, onward to the downsides!

1. The cost of raising a child is enormous - Estimated to be between $125K - $250K to raise just ONE child, and you feel as if women who get pregnant have no right to determine their financial future? Shame on you, Conservatives and Republicans.

2. Having a child forces you to face your own mortality - Face it. After a woman gives birth to a child, her function in this world is complete and that one giant item marked as "Procreation" on her bucket list is checked off. Sure she'll have to raise the child and whatnot, but her purpose has been fulfilled. See ya later, Barbara! Don't let the Liberals or Democrats stop you from going to Heaven!

Granted I could go into more detail and make it long and drawn out, but no doubt the Conservatives and Republicans are already pissed off at this Independent Moderate for making such a declaration. And Liberalcrats? Please, I'm too good for you guys. Both parties are full of **** poor idiots who can't decide on what to do with this country. Anyways, in before baby murder propaganda and Christians who feel they have the right to judge everyone but themselves!

*Source Article: Texas approves bill requiring sonogram before abortion | The Raw Story *
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 10:53 AM

50,356 posts, read 47,109,092 times
In my opinion that is wacked.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:58 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,698,944 times
Who is paying for these ultrasounds?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:00 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,821,081 times
Because republicans love to take "big government" stances by forcing woman on what they can and can not do with her body.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Who is paying for these ultrasounds?
I would imagine the person in question getting said abortion. I doubt the state is going to maintain the costs of doing...not to mention paying for the mental rehabilitation the psychological effects are likely to cause on the woman. This bill is a total debacle of political agenda.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:03 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,986 times
Republicans are also busy cutting head start and poison control centers. Because fetuses matter but actual living human beings can drop dead.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Republicans are also busy cutting head start and poison control centers. Because fetuses matter but actual living human beings can drop dead.
Of course because what would be better than providing assistance to those who need it? Providing it those who don't even matter! Wow, Republicans, you all make my head spin! Gosh and here I thought Bush was going to deliver us to Satan's doorstep himself! We just got closer!

Old 03-14-2011, 11:15 AM

391 posts, read 513,970 times
Why does everyone put the cart before the horse? Why not give free and open access to birth control? It would be much cheaper and safer than abortions. I know that even my health insurance didn't cover birth control back in the day (2000) when I was on it. It seems like great "preventitive medicine" to me.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiteacher View Post
Why does everyone put the cart before the horse? Why not give free and open access to birth control? It would be much cheaper and safer than abortions. I know that even my health insurance didn't cover birth control back in the day (2000) when I was on it. It seems like great "preventitive medicine" to me.
Remember? This is Republicans were talking about. Conservatives, as well. They don't give a damn about the working man or people who need help. They cater to the rich and ignore the poor. These troglodytes have no compassion or anyone but the good old American dollar.

Besides, that makes sense to do! Republicans will NEVER do anything that makes sense!

Old 03-14-2011, 11:24 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,622,136 times
Head Start should be eliminated. A study last year showed that by the First Grade, Head Start students were no better off than non-Head Start kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies