Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 07:41 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I get a big kick out of watchimg liberals writhe in misery as their "Chosen One" is lambasted for the fraud that he is. We get things like "must be a slow day"..."you hate him"..."you ***** about government intrusion but want Obama to do more" yada yada yada. This is a sign of weakness from the liberal left. You have zero understanding of what the actual role of the President is, which is why you summarily write him off as effective at everything he touches. I pity all of you. I really do.
The problem is these pitiful Lifelong members of Club "L" get a vote. Lifelong Losers dictate who gets elected, and our welfare programs, and educational institutions "manufacture" them by the millions, while convincing them that we, the productive class, are really to blame for the problems we have in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 08:30 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
That being said, dont look for liberals to say much about it all. Remember, these are the same frauds who called for Bush's head day in and day out, yet when Obama comes along, breaks all sorts of promises and carries on to a worse extent of some of the things they hated Bush for, they stay silent. That goes for most of the liberals who come in this thread every day bashing conservatives. They completely ignore, dismiss, or defend anything Obama does, no matter that he lied to them.
The conservatives didn't stop Bush2 from spending like a drunken sailor and failing to fulfill campaign promises so I guess they too must be frauds in your book. I am wearing my liberal hat right now and I don't like Obama's aloofness nor his (what word can I use?) stealth approach to continuing the sad policies of his predecessor. He has lied just as much as his predecessor so the selective outrage is irrational and counterproductive.

The role of the President is a big one but the occupant is not a machine. Everyone needs sleep and diversion to give the brain and body time to be creative. While we might all want a President who's on the television inspiring us or at least giving us a sense of his/her urgency, that won't actually solve the problems nor is it the best approach. Obama cannot please everyone. He's damned if he does and doesn't.

I absolutely hated Bush2 and could probably throw up at the sight of his picture. I'm indifferent to Obama (who I didn't vote for by the way), saddened by the demise of the hope he sailed in on. I don't hold him responsible for our problems but I do judge his administration for so far not carrying through with the promise of change. We voted for those things and got Bush2.5. A nation of hope-and-change inspired positive thinkers is better than our current bunch of self-destructive naysayers pointing blame at each other. Sadly, our leader cannot seem to bridge the artificial divide that separates us. But then, in the larger scheme, his and his predecessor's roles as corporate puppets were intended to help pave our road to ruin.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 03-17-2011 at 08:39 AM..

Old 03-17-2011, 08:36 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC
I get a big kick out of watchimg liberals writhe in misery as their "Chosen One" is lambasted for the fraud that he is. We get things like "must be a slow day"..."you hate him"..."you ***** about government intrusion but want Obama to do more" yada yada yada. This is a sign of weakness from the liberal left. You have zero understanding of what the actual role of the President is, which is why you summarily write him off as effective at everything he touches. I pity all of you. I really do.

That's sick. You like the suffering of other people. Forget that their ideas are just as valid and as personal as yours. You seem to think politics is like war, that there are winners and losers. It's about solving problems which, if your post is accurate, is exactly what you WON'T accomplish. You have no interest in solving, just winning, just kicking the other person to the ground and laughing at them. That's just sick.

Democrats/Liberals think Republicans/Conservatives are stupid and want to enlighten them. The opposition is collective.
Republicans/Conservatives think Democrats/Liberals are the enemies and want to hurt them. The opposition is personal.

With that kind of thinking in place, I'm not surprised we can't solve a damn thing.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:48 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
celebrating 50 years of Motown is showing leadership.
LMAO. Nice priorities. I'd hate to see you even be a cub scout pack leader.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:47 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You really do not understand Democrats, your post proves that. Unlike Republicans they do not all march to orders from above and can and do disagree with those within their own Party. If you somehow equate that to Repubs getting Dem support you are not living in the real world and have been listening to far too much right-wing propaganda.
Casper
Wrong again. Ever hear of the Tea Party? They are going against the Republicans that they do not agree with. There are plenty of Republicans that I am not happy with. I understand the old school Dems, but I will never understand the lefties.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:53 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Shouldn't you be cleaning up your own party instead of installing republicans in democrat camp? Blaming liberals for your own nasty again I see. Why are so many Republicans alienated from their own party? Why is everything sitting in republican chair hateful, vindictive, and destructive? Why is the republican party against the constitution? Why do they make a mockery of Christians?
I am trying to keep a straight face reading this. As I assume that you really believe this.
We have trash in our party, and we, unlike you lefties, will infact let them know that if they do the opposite of what we elected them to do, they will no longer have our support.
We want (and need) people of character, and those who say they will do XYand Z and once elected do not, will not be re-elected. We have standards. And those on "our side" that go astray, will be cut off.
Can you say the same for your own party?

Old 03-19-2011, 05:53 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times
"Focus" is what Obama will do "to us".

Old 03-19-2011, 06:15 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
"Focus" is what Obama will do "to us".
Folk art?

Old 03-19-2011, 06:22 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Gee, if that were really the case, then you and your pals wouldnt be defending him. In fact, everything most liberals and the media beat up Bush for, in some cases Obama has continued on and to worse extents. Yet you stay silent. Hmmmm

And you're right. We do want less government, less intrusion. But dont be a smart ass. We want government to do its job as well. That means taking on the crisises we face head on. Like the debt. We want our President to be a leader or at least TRY to act like one.

This guy is a clown and a liar and the media continues to give him pass after pass. And we all know, if Bush had done much of what Obama has, (ie hiring lobbyists, tax cheats, lie after lie, continued the war, patriot act, etc, etc) the media would be out there every single day bashing him. Yet as predicted, they stay silent. He doesnt get called out much for really anything. Its like what I heard someone say today, they treat him like he is a mentally handicapped child. No matter how many idiotic things he does or says, no matter how many lies, they do their best to keep propping him up, like they feel sorry for him and want him to feel good about himself or something.
Hit the nail on the head you did ..

Old 03-19-2011, 06:25 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Wrong again. Ever hear of the Tea Party? They are going against the Republicans that they do not agree with. There are plenty of Republicans that I am not happy with. I understand the old school Dems, but I will never understand the lefties.
At this stage of the game, I'm not real certain that any old school Dems even exist ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies