Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Barack Obama deliver hope and change?
Yes, he lived up to the expectations of the voters. 15 18.29%
No, he failed to deliver. 14 17.07%
Yes, he delivered hope and change but not change that was beneficial to the country. 12 14.63%
I knew from the start that the man was full of empty promises. 41 50.00%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 02:58 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,421,014 times

Advertisements

My opinion he gave many hope and delivered change but not in positive way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 02:59 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,297,652 times
Definitely change. A new warfront. 3 instead of 2. That's change!

Old 03-20-2011, 02:59 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,328,861 times
Well...he's got me hoping we change Presidents. 'Zat count?

Old 03-20-2011, 03:47 PM

49 posts, read 78,087 times
His speeches were full of hopes and promises about changing the world. That wasnt only important for USA, his inauguration was important for the whole world. But after only a few months I saw that he isnt anything else but just a puppet like Bush Jr. He failed in everything, unfortunately. His foreign and domestic policy is controlled by big corporations and their money and interests.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:56 PM

27,162 posts, read 15,341,945 times
I "hope" we can "change" it back.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:59 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,955,728 times
Obama's star power has definitely fizzled. I nly voted for him because I thought he wouldn't take us into another war. Well now, since that was my only concern (cause I knew both were the same essentially), I should have voted for McCain anyway even though he, just like Obama, is a big-time Hispanderer

Old 03-20-2011, 04:02 PM

539 posts, read 1,069,814 times
He tried his best but was continually slammed by the Republican opposition every step of the way. Like trying to go up a down escalator while thugs with baseball bats are slamming you from both sides. One thing I disagree with him on was bailing out the banks and Wall Street, I would have let them default, that idea was a carryover from Bush. If the money went to bail out legit homeowners (NOT any investment properties), it would have gone a lot further. Now, even legit homeowners, even those without a mortgage, have seen their net worth drop substantially. Health care: it's been a long time in coming, we are way behind in relation to other industrialized countries, why be laissez-faire and in bed with drug and insurance interests. In fact if it's repealed, the deficits will go up even more. Infrastructure, education, etc.: Yes, we are also way behind compared to other nations. Look at what they can do for rail, cities, education, etc., while we are fast becoming a rust belt here nationwide, and a nation of paupers while the corporations rake it in unchecked. It's really a shame how so many folks can fall for that so-called "conservative" agenda that's come into play since Reagan.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:05 PM

27,162 posts, read 15,341,945 times
Frank754-
"He tried his best but was continually slammed by the Republican opposition every step of the way."

Surrounded by members of his own party in the majority in both houses for most of his term and you still say this!?!

Old 03-20-2011, 04:06 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,353,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank754 View Post
He tried his best but was continually slammed by the Republican opposition every step of the way. Like trying to go up a down escalator while thugs with baseball bats are slamming you from both sides. One thing I disagree with him on was bailing out the banks and Wall Street, I would have let them default, that idea was a carryover from Bush. If the money went to bail out legit homeowners (NOT any investment properties), it would have gone a lot further. Now, even legit homeowners, even those without a mortgage, have seen their net worth drop substantially. Health care: it's been a long time in coming, we are way behind in relation to other industrialized countries, why be laissez-faire and in bed with drug and insurance interests. In fact if it's repealed, the deficits will go up even more. Infrastructure, education, etc.: Yes, we are also way behind compared to other nations. Look at what they can do for rail, cities, education, etc., while we are fast becoming a rust belt here nationwide, and a nation of paupers while the corporations rake it in unchecked. It's really a shame how so many folks can fall for that so-called "conservative" agenda that's come into play since Reagan.
Can you remember which party it was that had a majority in both chambers of congress until last November?

Old 03-20-2011, 04:07 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,288,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
My opinion he gave many hope and delivered change but not in positive way.
He gave hope and change to those wanting greater welfare and wealth distribution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies