Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 11:56 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Latinos are overwhelming for racism that says that latinos do not have to abide by immigration laws and as a group are above any law that inconveniences. In their country, they are a one-party people, kept the same party in power for over 70 years and with just a 12 year break from one-party rule are returning to it. With a 68% illegitimate birth rate and a high drop out rate, latinos are very much in favor of big cradle to grave government, they are in favor of very high taxes because they resent anyone who they view as rich. The democrat party reminds them of the PRI party of home.

Americans including Americans with "hispanic" roots, who are Conservative and don't want taxes and do want the Constitution, of course do not tend to be liberal voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 12:06 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and you do not know what you are talking about: there is a big difference between illegals and the majority of Hispanics.

Nita
Hispanics are not as complete a monolith kind of people that some like to claim.

There are hispanics whose roots in this country go way back - and of course they tend to be quite conservative and also not much different when it comes to voting than are other Americans.

Those with educations and professions that immigrated legally tend to be quite conservative and they can be every bit as conservative as others of the middle and upper middle class.

But yes, the majority of hispanics that have recently arrived here are different from the long-time Americans and the middle class professionals. Their sky-high out-of-wedlock birth rate alone makes them needy and very dependent on government programs that are paid for by the taxpayers. They will vote for any politician that promises to go after the taxpayers and gouge them for all they can get and redistribute the wealth to them.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:40 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,067,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Americans including Americans with "hispanic" roots, who are Conservative and don't want taxes and do want the Constitution, of course do not tend to be liberal voters.
This could be said more concisely and clearly: the rich don't want to share "their" riches with some hardworking "scumbags"

I would be really ashamed of such position.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:34 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and look at where you are getting your information> Have you thought about trying to broaden your scope by reading something more than the liberal, biased and narrow minded HP? Can you explain how people like the newly elected Hispanic, Republican governor of a very liberal state like NM got elected or how Rubio won in Florida?

Nita
The ones I work with and talk to say the same as the OP.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:18 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I didn't think I'd even have to say because it was so completely obvious. Do you think I was trying to hide something?

What's happening in Arizona is bad for the GOP's future popularity in the Latino community. It seems like a new version of Nixon's Southern Strategy, where the GOP was willing to divide and conquer among minorities so long as it got a higher percentage of the white vote.

I didn't dispute that, but winning big in 2010 at the potential expense of ruining your standing with the Latino community for a generation seems pretty shortsighted to me.
Obama hasn't done much of anything for Hispanics like amnesty so he pretty much lost a bunch of votes for 2012 IMHO.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Newsflash, people who dislike Hispanics don't differentiate between Mexicans and Puerto Ricans, and they certainly don't differentiate between Dominicans and Puerto Ricans. So when you read a post on here about Hispanics breeding like animals, they are talking about YOU whether you want to admit it or not.
Many Hispanics I know want illegal aliens OUT of the US. They DON'T care what a bunch of racist anglos or Blacks or Indians think.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
Unless there is a hispanic on the GOP ticket-- even as VP. If this happens you will see "positive racial" voting as we saw with Obama-- remember all those exit polls where african americans said his race had a "positive impact" on their vote?
Mitt Romney's a Hispanic: his father and 2 of his grandparents were BORN in Mexico.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You do realize that "latino" includes Cubans (R), Puerto Ricans (D), Mexicans (Depending on state), and pretty much anyone each with any spanish speaking background. So a blanket statement on their voting really is not right.
Hispanic ain't a race: it's a political label. Not all people with Spanish names are Hispanic; Philipinos ain't.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I still don't understand why Latinos would use a French word to describe Obama.
Maybe "penche" has a diff spelling in Spanish? I'm guessing.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:32 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Mitt Romney's a Hispanic: his father and 2 of his grandparents were BORN in Mexico.
Being born in a certain country does not make one culturally Hispanic or culturally anything else. Mitt Romney is NOT Hispanic! He was born here and does not practice Hispanic culture. It doesn't matter where his father or grandparents were born. The Romneys had no Spanish ancestors either. I am not sure why you aren't getting this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies