Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:48 PM
dgz

806 posts, read 3,392,501 times

Advertisements

I have yet to see any well-constructed arguments presented at your distracting website. I just see lots of attacks on Cindy Sheehan and others who have different viewpoints than you. People are not anti-American simply by exercising their freedom of speech.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:39 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRoze199 View Post
I always felts after 9/11 that going to war would be futile for only one reason. Only NYC was attacked. The only way the American public is going to back up the President and our troops, any President, 100% is if ALL Americans feel threatened. Seeing the NYC World Trade Center blown up from a residence in CA is not feeling threatened.
I disagree, I think after 9/11 an overwhelming majority of Americans felt threatened, just not by Iraq. Do you feel that after Pearl Harbor was attacked only a small portion of Americans felt threatened?

Quote:
The ONLY similarity between the Iraq/Afghanistan war and the Vietnamese war is that not all Americans felt threatened then, nor do all Americans feel threatened now.
WHY should any Americans have felt threatened by Vietnam other than those sent there for who knows what reason?

Quote:
Americans back home never had to sacrifice for it like they did during WWII, having to ration gas and food and basic necessities. Everybody forgets history.
Probably the only thing I'll agree with you about.

Quote:
Well I'm telling you Burdell, the War on Terror is not a civil rights issue. Just wait till you can no longer chat on a blog.
You're the one that seems compelled to make it a civil rights issue, I never have. And just FYI, I've never chatted nor even read anyone's blog.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:06 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,325,822 times
Default If we call Cindy Sheehan a traitor... it's our free speech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgz View Post
I have yet to see any well-constructed arguments presented at your distracting website. I just see lots of attacks on Cindy Sheehan and others who have different viewpoints than you. People are not anti-American simply by exercising their freedom of speech.
We are just exercising our free speech too! You have every right to disagree with our opinions.

But please remember, Gathering of Eagles has every right to our free speech.

If we call Cindy Sheehan a traitor... it's our free speech! (And the Truth!!)

Old 07-31-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Come join Gathering of Eagles on September 15th

Come join Gathering of Eagles on September 15th as we face those pitiful Cindy Sheehanites every step of the way. Keep up to date by going to Gathering of Eagles.
See you on 9/15!

Larry Bailey
Chairman, Gathering of Eagles

Old 07-31-2007, 04:17 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
We are just exercising our free speech too! You have every right to disagree with our opinions.

Sounds like a real classy outfit that would call a woman who lost her son in the war a traitor.

Maybe next you could tell the young sons and daughters to stop their traitorous whimpering when mom & dad go off to war.

Last edited by burdell; 07-31-2007 at 05:16 PM..

Old 07-31-2007, 08:37 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post

Echoing the sentiments of the post above that claims the GOE website makes claims without facts...

It appears that GOE supporters deflect all rational criticism back to the freedom of speech issue. They haven't argued a single point in response to the many brought up on this thread. Yes, they have every right to free speech. It's a shame reality doesn't support the beliefs behind it, because then we'd be able to actually have a good discussion.

Game over. GOE loses.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Echoing the sentiments of the post above that claims the GOE website makes claims without facts...

It appears that GOE supporters deflect all rational criticism back to the freedom of speech issue. They haven't argued a single point in response to the many brought up on this thread. Yes, they have every right to free speech. It's a shame reality doesn't support the beliefs behind it, because then we'd be able to actually have a good discussion.

Game over. GOE loses.
Thanks for the bump!
Jack

Gathering of Eagles

Gathering of Eagles is open to all proud Americans, who support America's brave and honorable, military men and women.
Learn more details about this patriotic group at their above link.

PRESS HERE FOR DETAILS: STATE ASSEMBLY HONORS GATHERING OF EAGLES. STATE ASSEMBLY HONORS GATHERING OF EAGLES

Old 08-01-2007, 01:53 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,305 times
Yes, everyone's slowing down to witness the accident on the way to their final destination.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:37 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,627,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Sounds like a real classy outfit that would call a woman who lost her son in the war a traitor.

Maybe next you could tell the young sons and daughters to stop their traitorous whimpering when mom & dad go off to war.
She's made herself a target for comments by throwing herself into the political spotlight. I think "traitor" is somewhat of a nice name compared to "attention *****" as she was called on the Democratic Underground blog. And also, I believe Cindy herself calls quiet a few people traitors.

Not saying GOE is a good thing, but they are really no different from any other protesting/counterprotesting group that does things in a non violent manner.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:36 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,050,843 times
I'm going to be very careful how I post this. I want to be Politically correct. You can be disenheartend by what is going on. You can be disenpointed with the outcume. You and be disparaged. You can voice your dissapointment. To a point. Google "Treason". And see that you have underminded the Gov. with your speach. To undermine is to breach the small area that says you are against your government, to boldly say that I want to undermine his very thoughts. But you can be arrested and convicted and shot. Simple as that. Freedom of speach? There is a limit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies