Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 08:05 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Once again, the discussion isnt about pregnancy, its about terminating one..

never came close to saying they are, I'm simply pointing out that you want to use "biology" as a terminology in a discussion that has nothing to do with "biology".. There is nothing about killing a baby in relationship to a normal life stage of humans.

I havent said one word for, or against abortion, you arent doing a very good job at this, and once again, abortions have nothing to do with sexual behavior of women, its a cause and effect, and abortion doesnt control sexual behaviors unless you think people will stop having sex if abortion was banned.

I did no such thing, I simply attacked the stupidness of thinking that aborting a baby is being responsible..

Actually attacking the personal responsibility argument is the topic of the thread. It was brought up by an anti conservative.

Your answer is just as dumb the 4th time you've said it because abortions have nothing to do with the life process of a human. Why cant you recognize how dumb that statment is?
"Stupidness"

I'm at a loss for words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 08:05 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Like I said, you need a boogieman strawman argument, unless you can present to me where there has been a bill proposed to outlaw abortion..

No you havent, because abortions are NOT a biological stage of being human

ok, so now we're getting somewhere, personal responsibility = garbage.. I guess this makes your previous statement that having an abortion is responsible.. garbage... I agree

No you havent

Sorry, thats not an option. Thats like suggesting that murdering a child is being responsible, oh wait, you already did that..

34 bills matched your search.

S. 583: A bill to implement equal protection under the 14th article of amendment to the Constitution for the right to life of each born and preborn human person. Sponsor: Sen. Rand Paul [R-KY]
Introduced: Mar 14, 2013
Reported by Committee: Mar 18, 2013
lol

Old 05-26-2013, 08:06 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Lol, really conservatives have not had a bill to ban abortion?

34 bills matched your search.

S. 583: A bill to implement equal protection under the 14th article of amendment to the Constitution for the right to life of each born and preborn human person. Sponsor: Sen. Rand Paul [R-KY]
Introduced: Mar 14, 2013
Reported by Committee: Mar 18, 2013

Now this is very simple if preborn are given equal protection under the 14th amendment if this law passed this would make abortion illegal and murder and a violation of the constitutional rights o preborn human persons.
lets examine the context of that bill shall we?

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s583/text

What part of the wording of that bill, outlawed abortion?

In fact just the opposite
Nothing in this Act shall be construed to require the prosecution of any woman for the death of her unborn child

Try again

Old 05-26-2013, 08:07 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
does a woman have the right to say what a man does with his body? no they don't. a man has no right either to what a woman does with hers.

this has nothing to do with a woman controlling a man's quality of life. your spin doesn't work
if a man doesn't want a child he needs to make sure he doesn't have one. period. how easy is that. as I said unlike a woman, "after the fact" abortion is not an option for him.
yes, by garnishing his paycheck and extorted unearned income from the male, she is controlling his body. I wouldn't have a problem if the man actually had a say in the child's life, but let's face it, father's are never equal. like I said, you don't believe in the right to choose. no spin here.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:10 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
yes, by garnishing his paycheck and extorted unearned income from the male, she is controlling his body. I wouldn't have a problem if the man actually had a say in the child's life, but let's face it, father's are never equal. like I said, you don't believe in the right to choose. no spin here.
ye you are spinning. a man makes a child or when a woman has a baby they are responsible for it. either together, or as individuals. period. many men get women pregnant and are never seen or heard from again, never paying child support even when ordered by law. so yes when the government can get support from a dead beat dad (even if he never wanted to be a dad) he should pay. the "choice" was his when he did not use birth control.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Thats not a bill, its a proposed bill that will die in committee...

Try again
LOLOLOLOL that is a distinction without a difference.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:13 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
LOLOLOLOL that is a distinction without a difference.
Quote:

Text of S. 583: A bill to implement equal protection under the 14th article of amendment to the ... (Placed on Calendar in the Senate version) - GovTrack.us

Nothing in this Act shall be construed to require the prosecution of any woman for the death of her unborn child
Still waiting for that bill to outlaw abortion to be presented by you.. This one surly isnt it..

Old 05-26-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:

Text of S. 583: A bill to implement equal protection under the 14th article of amendment to the ... (Placed on Calendar in the Senate version) - GovTrack.us

What part of the wording of that bill, outlawed abortion?

In fact just the opposite

Try again
Can you read for comprehension? If you can't see how that bill if passed is a ban on abortion, I can't help you.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:15 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Still waiting for that bill to outlaw abortion to be presented by you.. This one surly isnt it..
the third world mentality of law makers trying to outlaw abortion are doing it in a round about way by all the bills they introduce. they know outlawing outright would be a huge uphill battle so they are attempting to chip away the right. keep your blinders on if you think that isn't true

Old 05-26-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the third world mentality of law makers trying to outlaw abortion are doing it in a round about way by all the bills they introduce. they know outlawing outright would be a huge uphill battle so they are attempting to chip away the right. keep your blinders on if you think that isn't true
No, that bill if passed would be an outright ban on abortion, there is no roundabout way of that bill.

If preborn persons are given equal protection under the law, that means it is illegal to end that preborn person's life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies