Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 09:26 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If you look at the NYT poll it shows that 23% have a college degree. This is less than the 2010 census of 27%.

Richer than the median...which I stated in previous posts. They are overwhelmingly White, older, and male (all of this reiterated in your post).

Sorry, but 23% is less than 27%. In TPM, they stated the number who ATTENDED college...thus they have BEEN to college without graduating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
If you look at the NYT poll it shows that 23% have a college degree. This is less than the 2010 census of 27%.

Richer than the median...which I stated in previous posts. They are overwhelmingly White, older, and male (all of this reiterated in your post).

Sorry, but 23% is less than 27%. In TPM, they stated the number who ATTENDED college...thus they have BEEN to college without graduating.
You need to actually read the details of the CNN poll you're talking about because you're just making BS up at this point.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im...2/17/rel4b.pdf

Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You need to actually read the details of the CNN poll you're talking about because you're just making BS up at this point.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im...2/17/rel4b.pdf
Polling the Tea Party - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

College graduate 23%. BTW 124 TOTAL interviews is not a good representation.

However, according to the LA Times the number is 75%. I think that the number is probably closer to the 23% given the demographic. 23% is NEAR the median for college graduates nationally. Given that many are located in more conservative areas, these areas are typically slightly higher on the economic scale, but slightly lower on the education scale.

I really suggest you do a little more research than just the first google website before calling BS.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:49 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times
I am not really familiar with the Tea Party movement but what I do know is that they want smaller government, fiscal responsiblity and they tout themselves as being hard-working Americans. Yet they align themselves with the Republican party. The party of big business and huge government. Seems as though somewhere along the way the Tea Party got hijacked or they were just talking heads.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:36 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I am not really familiar with the Tea Party movement but what I do know is that they want smaller government, fiscal responsiblity and they tout themselves as being hard-working Americans. Yet they align themselves with the Republican party. The party of big business and huge government. Seems as though somewhere along the way the Tea Party got hijacked or they were just talking heads.
The bulk of them are just anti-Obama, virtually without substance or thought other than that.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:46 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The bulk of them are just anti-Obama, virtually without substance or thought other than that.

If these Republican media wh*@^s who have been in the news lately are any indication of what the Tea Party stands for, then I can understand your sentiment. They have been enough for me to take a step back and re-examine my political affliation.

Surely both Repubs and Dems have enough to worry about with having to get their face in the news? Like finally getting the 2011 budget done, figuring out what they are going to do about the debt ceiling and getting a budget for 2012.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:36 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Polling the Tea Party - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

College graduate 23%. BTW 124 TOTAL interviews is not a good representation.

However, according to the LA Times the number is 75%. I think that the number is probably closer to the 23% given the demographic. 23% is NEAR the median for college graduates nationally. Given that many are located in more conservative areas, these areas are typically slightly higher on the economic scale, but slightly lower on the education scale.

I really suggest you do a little more research than just the first google website before calling BS.
Even the link you just posted shows that 37% (23% and 14%) of the Tea Party supporters have a college or post graduate education compared to 25% of the general population polled.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:40 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Default Tea Party support is fading, half of Americans don't like them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Americans are seeing these extremists for what they really are. Nutcases who despise the working class.

CNN/Opinion Research poll: Many view tea party unfavorably, poll says - latimes.com

They've been exposed.

What looked like a true grassroots movement two years ago is now known to be an astroturf group of stooges acting on behalf of wealthy lobbying groups in DC. Their continued angry opposition to any policy favorable to the middle class isn't earning them public support.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:38 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Default CNN needs ratings and will lie to get them

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
They've been exposed.

What looked like a true grassroots movement two years ago is now known to be an astroturf group of stooges acting on behalf of wealthy lobbying groups in DC. Their continued angry opposition to any policy favorable to the middle class isn't earning them public support.
This is what they reported on a year ago April 2, 2010...............Disgruntled Democrats join the Tea Party - CNN.com

Don't you think this is a little funny, CNN surpass Fox News in Ratings, now Tea Party people are on the fall. All of this reported by CNN, now that's some news we can all trust!!
As Hillary called Al Jazeera the "Real News".

The honesty on the other side is just too much............Two Charged in Tea Party Election Fraud (http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/two-charged-in-tea-party-election-fraud-20110316-mr - broken link)

Old 04-01-2011, 02:21 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
They've been exposed.

What started out as a grassroots movement at the turn of the century is now known to be an astroturf group of thugs acting on behalf of wealthy unions. Their continued angry opposition to any policy favorable to taxpayers isn't earning them them public support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies