Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 02:16 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,631,228 times

Advertisements

Don't we all deserve a waiver like the Obamabot Unions???
Sign the form for YOUR waiver, if you're so inclined.
Hey, what's good for over thousands, should be good for ALL, right???

Where's My Waiver?

I see that even Rep. Anthony Whiner (Weiner) wants one too!
GO FIGURE!!!! He was part of the drawing up of Obamacare!
What's wrong Anthony? Don't like what you found out when you finally READ it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 07:40 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,631,228 times
Hey, do you think Sebelius will reply to our emails to her, requesting a waiver?

"NO WAIVER FOR YOU!"

I can't see how this 'waiver' issue isn't going to play a large part in the Supreme Court's ruling.

I mean, how can this law even be taken seriously as a sensible law, when thousands of BUSINESSES (that means even thousands more when you add the employees of those businesses) are requesting (and even more eye-opening....are being granted,) WAIVERS!

I mean how can random people/businesses across America, NOT be subjected to the fines, fees and crapcare by obtaining waivers....and random ones are not so lucky and are subjected to the fines, fees and crapcare? This ain't gonna fly for very long, especially once it's in full force in 2013 or whatever the year is.

COMPLETELY UNFAIR.

And, imo, Sebelius DID IT IN, once she began granting these waivers because now it smacks of all kinds of negatives against OC. If it's such a lovely bill, HOW COME SO MANY ALREADY WANT OUT??

Just the fact that these waiver requests in the thousands already, are being taken seriously and being granted, in and of itself, says of Obamacare, BAD LAW BAD LAW BAD LAW.

IT CAN'T STAND UP IN COURT. PERIOD. OBAMACARE WILL BE DOOMED WITHIN A YEAR.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:04 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
I don't think you understand what the one year wavier is all about and why it's needed for some corporations and businesses, etc.

Number of healthcare reform law waivers climbs above 1,000 - The Hill's Healthwatch

http://mediamatters.org/research/201101270037

Old 04-02-2011, 08:06 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
Don't we all deserve a waiver like the Obamabot Unions???
Sign the form for YOUR waiver, if you're so inclined.
Hey, what's good for over thousands, should be good for ALL, right???

Where's My Waiver?

I see that even Rep. Anthony Whiner (Weiner) wants one too!
GO FIGURE!!!! He was part of the drawing up of Obamacare!
What's wrong Anthony? Don't like what you found out when you finally READ it?
Still grasping at straws I see.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:16 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I don't think you understand what the one year wavier is all about and why it's needed for some corporations and businesses, etc.

Number of healthcare reform law waivers climbs above 1,000 - The Hill's Healthwatch

Right-Wing Media Revive Myth That Health Care Waivers Are Political Favors | Media Matters for America
I completely understand what the waivers are all about, if Obamacare was such a great idea why do his supporters need waivers that exempt them from it at all?

Old 04-02-2011, 08:48 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I completely understand what the waivers are all about, if Obamacare was such a great idea why do his supporters need waivers that exempt them from it at all?
If you had read my first link you'd know that they---the waivers---are a stopgap measure until new state-run insurance exchanges open. The wavers are completely temporary.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:10 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:

Right-Wing Media Revive Myth That Health Care Waivers Are Political Favors | Media Matters for America
Media Matters research? I had seen plenty when I saw that.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:11 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
If you had read my first link you'd know that they---the waivers---are a stopgap measure until new state-run insurance exchanges open. The wavers are completely temporary.
How long is temporary? I ask this because your link to The Hill says that some of these things are to run to 2014. Somehow that makes me wonder if Sebelius even knows what the word means. Three years really doesn't sound very temporary to me.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:20 AM

401 posts, read 473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The whole democratic push was a grasp at straws. Time is up for the Nancy-Harry-Barack, shove-it-down-your-throat method.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:51 PM

9,139 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

Do you approve of the Weiner wavier?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies