Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 11:49 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times

Advertisements

The issue is not about responsible, caring people who have kids that they can afford and raise themselves.

The issue is lazy, stupid people that have kids that they can't afford, teach and raise right.

When selfish, uneducated women procreate with LOSER men that don't care, guess who get's stuck with the unwanted and neglected kids???

Usually the clueless mother while her latest spern donor bails.In the end the children suffer.

Clueless Mom + Clueless Dad = disadvantaged/neglected children.

Some people have no ambition or plan in life, the fault lies with BOTH parents, not with the women alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 11:51 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
NO..the problem wouldn't go away. Not at all. I know some of you people believe that "back in the day" none of this stuff happened. Nonsense, it's been happening since time. Poor women have always had more children than wealthier women do.

Remove Section 8, welfare, WIC, etc....won't change a damn thing. Just more children living in poverty...that's about it.

Maybe some of those children could aspire to great things.

Maybe rich Hollywood types could help poor children out. Yeah right.

How many men impregnate more than one woman?

Get the stats. More Black men or more White men?

As a society, I don't see why we can't fix it.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:52 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Default The kids PAY the PRICE thats why

Quote:
Neuling.....Having children from different men has been common throughout history as women just like men are not really monogamous all the time. The only difference is that in the past such women (unlike men) were treated like sluts and thus kept their little secrets to themselves. There are so many fathers taking care of children that are not their own, whether they know it or not. No problem as long as they are happy.
Quote:
desertdetroiter..........I'm still trying to figure out the significance of this thread. They have kids by different men. They tend to be more disadvantaged. Got it. Soooooooo....now what?
With culture and society, the cost of living, how happy do you think a child is if the mom or dad is single. They work most the time and the children have men/women in and out of their lives. Not to say the many babysitters in their lives. It's not fair or right for the kids.

When these people are dating trying to find the "RIGHT ONE", how much time does this give them with their children. How many men or women want to marry someone with 5 kids.

The point of the thread, from the OP point of view. I believe was to point out that people used to have children out of wedlock, but they were not asking the government to feed and clothe their children the way people are asking now. The kids have become a welfare check.

If they have that many kids because they can afford all those children with out taxpayers assistance, have at it, have as many as they want, just don't ask me to pay for what they can prevent or really don't want.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:55 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
With culture and society, the cost of living, how happy do you think a child is if the mom or dad is single. They work most the time and the children have men/women in and out of their lives. Not to say the many babysitters in their lives. It's not fair or right for the kids.

When these people are dating trying to find the "RIGHT ONE", how much time does this give them with their children. How many men or women want to marry someone with 5 kids.

The point of the thread, from the OP point of view. I believe was to point out that people used to have children out of wedlock, but they were not asking the government to feed and clothe their children the way people are asking now. The kids have become a welfare check.

If they have that many kids because they can afford all those children with out taxpayers assistance, have at it, have as many as they want, just don't ask me to pay for what they can prevent or really don't want.
Well then the OP should have given the stats for how many SINGLE (never married) moms have kids by more than one father. Otherwise this discussion is useless.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Maybe some of those children could aspire to great things.

Maybe rich Hollywood types could help poor children out. Yeah right.

How many men impregnate more than one woman?

Get the stats. More Black men or more White men?

As a society, I don't see why we can't fix it.
More black men...proportionately.

But so what? Poor white women have more children than wealthier white women...and probably more than wealthier black women too. All of these children are Americans. I don't give a damn about what race they are. I only care about the children in these situations, not their mothers.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:16 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
NO..the problem wouldn't go away. Not at all. I know some of you people believe that "back in the day" none of this stuff happened. Nonsense, it's been happening since time. Poor women have always had more children than wealthier women do.

Remove Section 8, welfare, WIC, etc....won't change a damn thing. Just more children living in poverty...that's about it.
In the days where people actually didn't know all about sex and birth control - yes maybe. Today with all the many kinds of birth control and combinations that can be used, the big push for condom and protected sex, there really is no excuse for having babies on welfare.

The government itself needs to take better care of it's dependent class by expecting more out of them than just to make them into breeding machines.

Welfare mothers should not continue to have childen they can never support. Neither should dead beat dads. There's a cheap little surgery - snip snip and much of this could be solved.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:26 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No - some kids might be raised with step dads, maybe a divorced mother who has a good career and remarries and has another child.

Not all siblings with multiple fathers are from women who don't know who the dads are, and who never married or never married any of the dads.

Divorce rates are also quite high and divorce and remarriage can account for some of the stats.
I really don't think that people are referring to these types of examples.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:50 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I really don't think that people are referring to these types of examples.
Yes, it does appear that everyone is fixated on the idea that a woman who has children from more than one father must be a welfare sucking drug-addled leech and her baby daddies are all worthless bums who just skip town. Because clearly, that is the only type of woman who might have children from more than one father.

Folks, maybe it's time to turn off the tv - it appears the Maury Povich Show and Jerry Springer are giving you a distorted view of our fellow citizens.

To imply that these "low-class breeders" should be ashamed of their choices, be sterilized (seriously - you folks are talking about forced sterilization? I thought the Nazis were the last to advocate for that), and that somehow they don't deserve their fertility speaks a lot more about the person making these comments.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:51 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
If the OP's statistic is true, then for your argument to be salient, 1 in five American women of child bearing age would need to be receiving public assistance yet the fact is only 1 in 6 of ALL Americans are currently receiving public assistance a figure that grew by 18% due to the current economic conditions.
Funny, the only statistic I saw was that 20% of mothers have children from different fathers. Not ALL of them are on welfare, although I'm sure there are many who are, and probably make up a significant portion of those on the welfare rolls.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:52 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
This behavior totally breaks my heart. My oldest daughter and her husband lived their lives completely opposite of that described above, got an education, worked hard, planned to start a family when they were financially prepared, and now are faced with infertility issues. Girls who participate in indiscriminate sex without any thought for the consequences pop out kid after kid, and then there are women who live responsibly and prepare financially to give a child a stable family life and they CAN'T have a child.
Yup. I wish your daughter and her DH the best, that's a tough situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies