Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 06:19 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
And they are cowards who have never worn the uniform.
Interesting...I must mention this to our best friend who did three tours in Iraq as a Marine Infantry Officer....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 06:24 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Interesting...I must mention this to our best friend who did three tours in Iraq as a Marine Infantry Officer....
It's hard to believe men who have seen war up close feel that "foreign policy" should be more wars of choice where young Americans are ripped to pieces for what?

So Saddam doesn't attack America again?

Old 04-03-2011, 06:25 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Sorry I can't stand people like you. Ron Paul has NEVER wavered from any of his beliefs in his entire history in office. I can't stand people like you that decide to jump on the bandwagon because they didn't see the writing on the wall years ago. All of a sudden you support Ron Paul because he's spot on? HE'S BEEN SPOT ON FOR 30 YEARS! My god this is why America is in the position it is in...................the average American voter is dead asleep. I've been supporting Ron Paul for 10 years and have NEVER wavered from that support. All of sudden he's gotten more air time and more notoriety because he's spot on? But yet years ago when everything seemed to be so hunky dorey he was a nutjob? Listen to how ignorant that sounds. What else do you think is so "whacky" to believe but 10-20 years from now you'll accept it? JFK? 9/11? GMO Food? Population control? My god wake up!
Nice personal attack. So, you hate people who are not born with instant political knowledge that equals your own. You hate people who become politically aware after college and after working hard building a career.

Heaven forbid someone should become politically aware, begin to question everything they have been raised to believe, and question the validity; no you hate them.

How very fair minded of you. No wonder Paulites drive people away. Great example.

Eight years ago my first exposure to Rep. Paul was during the Presidential debates listening to him on a radio. He does not debate well, cannot answer questions in the alloted amount of time. If you are not familiar with him and only hear him on the radio in the debates, yes, he at that time, sounded like a nut job. YMMV.

Now, you can return to your hating and personal attacks.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:42 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
It's hard to believe men who have seen war up close feel that "foreign policy" should be more wars of choice where young Americans are ripped to pieces for what?

So Saddam doesn't attack America again?
Ummm,Ron Paul doesn't support wars of choice....

Old 04-03-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Ummm,Ron Paul doesn't support wars of choice....

Old 04-03-2011, 08:45 PM

829 posts, read 2,955,924 times
From the start I liked Ron Paul...and to this day...I still like Ron Paul.

I would like to see him in the president seat more then anyone.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:11 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,173,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Yeah you're right he has no clue about foreign policy. LMAO! His views on foreign policy are EXACTLY why many support him!!!!!!!!!!!!
Indeed it is why many liberals support him while hating his domestic policies, but then they're even worse than Paul. He at least plugs his ears and pretends the world doesn't exist at all. Liberals usually acknowledge that it does but refuse to take folks who threaten the US at their word.

Meanwhile conservatives realize having our domestic house in order doesn't matter if we're dead which is why the guy couldn't win any significant percentage of votes once the primaries rolled around, and his supporters couldn't simply vote for him over and over again like they can in online polls.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:57 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,981,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There have been many conservative candidates that everyone laughed at for saying somethings, only to find out too late, they were very right.

Ross Perot comes to mind.
"You will hear the sound of jobs being sucked from the USA"

Guess what????
I wish more would have voted for Perot, yes they laughed at some of his presentations, why? because he did it different?

Shame he didn't win.

Ron Paul would have had my vote but he did not speak up in the debates

Old 04-04-2011, 03:52 AM

Quote:
He at least plugs his ears and pretends the world doesn't exist at all.
and

Quote:
Ron Paul would have had my vote but he did not speak up in the debates
These two quotes are just flat out lies.

What is it about Ron Paul that encourages people to lie about his beliefs and actions?

Old 04-04-2011, 05:52 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,894 times
if anything, my support of Ron Paul has grown...He continues to act how I believe a leader should act. He speaks in a way that I can relate...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies