Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 11:32 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Because they didn't think that way. The independent Palestinian state next to Israel was actually debated as a possibility in Israeli left circles after the 67 war. Only later Arafat adopted it as a good strategy.
In spite the current call for an independent Palestinian state, the Palestinian leadership doesn't really like the idea:
1) They will have to build a new state from zero with huge problems ahead. Once the unity behind the struggle against Israel is over, one will turn against the other.
2) They have no solution to the millions of refugees outside the west bank and Gaza. What will be the future of those people?
3) They will have to end the war with Israel, which is their only bonding factor...
4) Jerusalem: despite their hatred of Israel, many Arabs and Muslims do not want to see Palestinian authority ruling the holy places.
I've got it, let em have Libya, after we're done bombing it.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:32 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Because they didn't think that way. The independent Palestinian state next to Israel was actually debated as a possibility in Israeli left circles after the 67 war. Only later Arafat adopted it as a good strategy.
In spite the current call for an independent Palestinian state, the Palestinian leadership doesn't really like the idea:
1) They will have to build a new state from zero with huge problems ahead. Once the unity behind the struggle against Israel is over, one will turn against the other.
2) They have no solution for the millions of refugees outside the west bank and Gaza. What will be the future of those people?
3) They will have to end the war with Israel, which is their only bonding factor...
4) Jerusalem: despite their hatred for Israel, many Arabs and Muslims do not necessary want to see Palestinians ruling the holy places.
5) The protesters on Cairo's streets and other Arab capitals spook the Palestinian leadership. Once they have their independent state, their population may condemn them for being inapt and corrupt.
Bottom Line: Palestinians will continue to seek unity by fighting and harassing Israel, occasionally declaring Jihad. A limited state is at best a stepping stone towards their final goal to destroy Israel.
Not in 1967, not now, in 1949 when the armistice lines were set. Or during any of the time this land was in ARAB hands for 18 years.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:03 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
I've got it, let em have Libya, after we're done bombing it.
Its an idea. But now Al-Qaeda is telling the rebels to not only shoot at Qaddafi but also to shoot at NATO forces.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:40 PM

This is a link to a brief video called the Wall of Lies. It's about the myths, lies, and propoganda surrounding Palestine. I hope you will take a few minutes to view it. I think some of the facts may surprise you.
WalidShoebat.com: Wall of Lies

Old 04-15-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Its an idea. But now Al-Qaeda is telling the rebels to not only shoot at Qaddafi but also to shoot at NATO forces.
They want to hand over 2 billion dollars to the rebels for "aid" and arms. Oh what a wicked web we weave............

Old 04-15-2011, 08:58 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The only occupiers are the so called "Palestinians" that have been thrown out of other countries, thus creating thousands of refugees (usefull pawns for the terrorists).
Prophet of Doom - Islamic Clubs - Fatah

The Flotillas are a game to start war with Israel. Canada will send another ship next month They are begging Israel to give them an excuse. You are on the wrong side, if you want Israel to lose.
Excuse me, but Israel goes country to country trying to get people to move there (remember the mess the Israeli PM created when he encouraged French Jews to emmigrate), then not having room for them, takes land from those who have lived on the land and have owned the land since before the Ottoman Empire. These are Palestinians. Israel has set itself up for these demonstrations by not stopping the settlements. Now that the Arab states are becoming more responsive to the masses, Israel will find it more isolated. The time for peace is now and the first step is to stop the settlements. Whether it is American Jews who refuse to give money to Israel to members of the IDF who demonstrate that the occupation is wrong, many Jews are fed up with Israeli policy.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:17 PM

313 posts, read 284,725 times
Quote:
I'm not to up on the history of the region, but I see that Israel was proclaimed in 1948, there was an Islamic defeat to Israel in 1967. I also believe there were treaties involved, such as Oslo Accords 1993, but muslims don't honor treaties.
Either do Jews, apparently, by your logic. Considering their illegal occupation and annexation is against the Geneva convention which they have signed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
The Arabs had Gaza, the West Bank and half of Jerusalem. Why didn't the Palestinians proclaim their nation?
I'm going to assume they didn't want their land cut in two by a group of outsiders who wanted to proclaim a "Jewish state" on land they had been living for centuries...Including the fact this 'declaration of independence' would basically tell the Palestinians they would be second class citizens in a land they had been living for centuries.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Excuse me, but Israel goes country to country trying to get people to move there (remember the mess the Israeli PM created when he encouraged French Jews to emmigrate), then not having room for them, takes land from those who have lived on the land and have owned the land since before the Ottoman Empire. These are Palestinians. Israel has set itself up for these demonstrations by not stopping the settlements. Now that the Arab states are becoming more responsive to the masses, Israel will find it more isolated. The time for peace is now and the first step is to stop the settlements. Whether it is American Jews who refuse to give money to Israel to members of the IDF who demonstrate that the occupation is wrong, many Jews are fed up with Israeli policy.
Watch the video I linked from Shoebat.
Do you really think there would be peace if Israel stopped building? That is nonsense. "To exist is to resist", there will be no peace as long as Israel exists. Jews have a right to live. It's that simple.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:24 PM

313 posts, read 284,725 times
Quote:
Watch the video I linked from Shoebat.
Do you really think there would be peace if Israel stopped building? That is nonsense. "To exist is to resist", there will be no peace as long as Israel exists. Jews have a right to live. It's that simple.
So you think the settlements help the situation?

Do you think they help or hurt progress?

If you were living in a home and it was bulldozed by an occupying power so settlers could move in, how would you react? Would you be peaceful?

Is the illegal occupation and annexation something Palestinians should except because Jews are "God's chosen people?"

"Jews have a right to live." From the looks of thing, they are living just fine. How are the Palestinians under the occupation living?

Old 04-15-2011, 10:35 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,304,813 times
Nice idea to stop sending all that money to Israel. But if Israel would go under we would get 6 million jews resettling in the U.S. Do you want that? I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies