Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 10:10 PM

232 posts, read 221,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Could you please tell me how much of your money goes to this. Do you even know
No I do not know. If it is zero than I do not care about Planned Parenthood. If it is >0, I wish it would be 0.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 10:15 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Their main goal is abortion, whether they do it themselves or refer it to the local physician... they lobby HEAVILY on pro-choice legislation... why are we giving money to a lobbyist group? Their entire foundation is built around "abortion is okay" and it is... but to have taxpayer spend money on a lobbyist group is appalling... what next? Permanent oil subsidies to Saudi Arabia? Sound good to you? How about the government just stop wasting taxpayers money... is that too much to ask? Abortions are performed everywhere... you don't need back alleys anymore...
we don't need back alleys anymore because abortion is legal. take away funding for PP also takes away much needed health services for women that have nothing to do with abortion at all.

we give subsidies to oil companies and banks in the hundreds of millions of dollars. these companies are making record profits. you would think the right would concentrate on cut this money first before you cutting poor woman's health services.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:17 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyMan123 View Post

The fact remains that they do a lot of abortions every year.
The fact remains that they prevent a lot of abortions every year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyMan123

The fancy book-keeping makes it look like they're not getting funding for abortions. The fact that they spend the government's money on the other stuff allows them to do the abortions.
That's a crock of garbage. That's like saying you're effectively using federal funds to tithe to your church because you took a credit on your tax return that afforded you a higher refund than you would have gotten without it. And you don't separate your household books into one account for necessities and a different account for charitable religious donations. And since federal funds aren't allowed to go to churches, you're effectively breaking the law.

Yeah, sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyMan123

Take away the funding, and the abortions will go away.
That's just so incredibly dumb I don't even know how to respond. Abortions have been happening since long before the existence of Planned Parenthood. And many of those abortions resulted in the death of the woman receiving it or doing it to herself.

-----------

As to the OP, Jon Kyl lost a lot of credibility today. What an ass.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:18 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Nothing Mr Kyl has said in his career is factual

Old 04-08-2011, 10:18 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
we don't need back alleys anymore because abortion is legal. take away funding for PP also takes away much needed health services for women that have nothing to do with abortion at all.

we give subsidies to oil companies and banks in the hundreds of millions of dollars. these companies are making record profits. you would think the right would concentrate on cut this money first before you cutting poor woman's health services.
PP is redundant... you need health care services for women, you can go just about anywhere for it... PP has always been an institution of abortion... anything else is just gravy... I don't like the left wasting taxpayer as much as i don't like the right wasting taxpayer money... I don't compare cutting an abortion lobbyist from a wall street lobbyist from the government payroll... they BOTH need to go... why someone thinks one is okay and the other is not, is what troubles me... they both need to go, why even fight about it... if one goes before the other, even better because at least something is getting done...

Old 04-08-2011, 10:22 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Quote:
Apparently around 7 billion... isn't that whole talk of shutdown was all about... 7 billion... you think that's a small number? They take private donations you know...
LOL!! The amount of federal funding Planned Parenthood receives is about $340 million, or .083% of the federal budget.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:27 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
PP is redundant... you need health care services for women, you can go just about anywhere for it... PP has always been an institution of abortion... anything else is just gravy... I don't like the left wasting taxpayer as much as i don't like the right wasting taxpayer money... I don't compare cutting an abortion lobbyist from a wall street lobbyist from the government payroll... they BOTH need to go... why someone thinks one is okay and the other is not, is what troubles me... they both need to go, why even fight about it... if one goes before the other, even better because at least something is getting done...
Please tell me where a woman can go for healthcare without insurance or money to pay. You stated they can go just about anyway so please list the places. I doubt you can, therefore you have no idea what you are talking about and are blowing hot air. But please tell me if I am wrong.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Please tell me where anyone can go for healthcare without insurance or money to pay. You stated they can go just about anyway so please list the places. I doubt you can, therefore you have no idea what you are talking about and are blowing hot air. But please tell me if I am wrong.
fyp

Old 04-08-2011, 10:30 PM

Last I checked healthcare wasn't free.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:31 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
thats just it, you can't "just go about anywhere" for health services. PP is about low cost health, which when you go "anywhere" can be so costly it stops people from seeking care.

so what if you can get an abortion at PP. it is a legal medical service that part of woman's health services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies