Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 12:53 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Me too. This is outrageous I tell ya!

Signed,
Andrea Yates
This is comical to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 10:52 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Couple arrested after investigation finds toddler with fractured ribs

The girlfriend says she "hoped the situation would improve." She is only being charged with child neglect. WTH???? She witnessed repeated abuse of this small child.

Rib fractures are extremely painful - I'm sure this child cried a lot at the pain and crying would only make the pain worse as the diaphragm expands and pushes out on the fractured ribs.

Torture until death for both of these subhumans is the only appropriate punishment here. But "child neglect" is the most serious charge they can come up with??

Here's a pic of her "man." Why any woman would allow a man to hurt her baby is beyond me.

Lehigh man charged with aggravated child abuse of toddler boy - Legal Forum
This is happening everywhere and most of the time the abuser is just getting a slap on the hand. They let them continue to live with the children as well. Most of the time there is Domestic Violence against the mother from the abuser too!
Not that it justifies it because it does not, in these cases it is up to a Judge to intervene and say NO to the abuser whether male or female to not be allowed to live in the home with the child. In this case where the mom witnessed the abuse she should have her kids taken away from her and she should have to attend parenting classes and counseling to get them back.

These abuses go hand in hand with Domestic Violence and we must put more light on Domestic Violence educate to what resources are available and make our elected officials do something to help these victims leave the abuser (this is not just women men too but most men are the bread winner so the financial is not the problem)
Give them a apt like temp housing so they can get counseling, financial education on check books, paying bills, and learn healthy parenting skills.

Education is the only way to get these targets of abuse a voice.
Silence and Fear is the biggest culprit of the keeping of Domestic Violence alive.
If you suspect Domestic Violence try to talk to your friend/family member and let them know you are there for them and document things.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:49 AM

313 posts, read 284,778 times
There seems to be awfully high rates of domestic violence in the Black community.

Like these 'men' seem to have no problem hitting women and children because they insulted their 'respect' or 'street cred.'

Or some spot is invariably shot up and innocents killed in the process because someone 'disrespected' them.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:13 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
How any human could wish torturous death upon another human is beyond me.
Isn't it sickening?

Both adults should be punished to the fullest extent of the law and the child should be removed from the mother's "care", but death isn't a necessary punishment.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:17 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Couple arrested after investigation finds toddler with fractured ribs

The girlfriend says she "hoped the situation would improve." She is only being charged with child neglect. WTH???? She witnessed repeated abuse of this small child.

Rib fractures are extremely painful - I'm sure this child cried a lot at the pain and crying would only make the pain worse as the diaphragm expands and pushes out on the fractured ribs.

Torture until death for both of these subhumans is the only appropriate punishment here. But "child neglect" is the most serious charge they can come up with??

Here's a pic of her "man." Why any woman would allow a man to hurt her baby is beyond me.

Lehigh man charged with aggravated child abuse of toddler boy - Legal Forum
Take custody away and remove all of her kids, and by take away, I don't mean give to grandma who lives in the apartment on the bottom floor. Throw these scum bags in jail and let them rot.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:20 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Take custody away and remove all of her kids, and by take away, I don't mean give to grandma who lives in the apartment on the bottom floor. Throw these scum bags in jail and let them rot.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And body slam the 'man', a few times, until he whimpers. If he does, punch him in the back, enough times to break his ribs.

I have wrestled, been bodyslammed, and bodyslammed others. It does hurt.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Ignorant people shouldn't have children.
Most people shouldn't breed; heck, I'd go so far as to say no one should breed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
There seems to be awfully high rates of domestic violence in the Black community.

Like these 'men' seem to have no problem hitting women and children because they insulted their 'respect' or 'street cred.'

Or some spot is invariably shot up and innocents killed in the process because someone 'disrespected' them.
Neither you nor I have any idea why domestic violence is committed.
There are no statistics on the reasoning, so I'm interested in what you have other than your opinion to back up the reasoning as you presented it.
I'd say nothing at all.

The statistics of reported domestic violence do bear you out. Do keep in mind that the vast majority of domestic abuse incidences are never reported.
Statistics, therefore, must be taken with a grain or pound of salt.

http://www.findcounseling.com/journa...tatistics.html
Racial and Ethnic trends: Black women and men suffer from the highest rates of domestic violence. "Black females experienced domestic violence at a rate 35% higher than that of white females, and about 22 times the rate of women of other races. Black males experienced domestic violence at a rate about 62% higher than that of white males and about 22 times the rate of men of other races." 16

http://marriage-law.laws.com/domesti...-and-ethnicity
Domestic abuse information indicates that African American women are more likely to experience cruelty from an intimate partner than women of any other race or ethnicity. Research has indicated that African American women experience domestic violence and abuse at much higher rates then Caucasian females. African American males are also more likely to experience physical abuse, psychological abuse, sexual abuse, and economic abuse, than men of other races and ethnicities.

Last edited by chielgirl; 04-10-2011 at 12:32 PM..

Old 04-10-2011, 12:28 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
This is comical to you?
Nonsense like that is that posters raison d'etre.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:28 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Yes, and when we get bored beating our own women, we're coming for you next lady, so watch out.
Al, you knew that this thread would eventually evolve into a race thread. 9 out of 10 threads about crime on this forum blame minorities, immigrants, or Muslims.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:33 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post

It is not just a Black community thing.

It can be a:
Judge
Pastor
Officer
Dr
Community Leader
Elected official
Alcoholic
Drug user

It is a myth that only poor commits this violence against eachother.
ANYBODY can be a child abuser and use Domestic Violence against their partners and children and dont forget animals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies