Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 07:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Four Republican Governors are facing recall due not only to their insane and irrational behaviors and actions in the recent months, but their continued assault on their communities and the people of their State.

Governor Scott Walker R-WI

Governor John Kasich R-OH

Governor Jan Brewer R-AZ

Governor Rick Snyder R-MI

Here's to good times....
Ummm...ahem.....well. We know the Left would LOVE to recall them...but where is the evidence that is happening - or are you just making stuff up now?

I guess you don't realize how HARD it will be with Walker and now you claim that 3 more will be recalled?

Link(s) please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 07:09 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post
Good post!!!

Back to the topic. I used to live in AZ. Jan Brewer actually has the spine to make some tough cuts and difficult decisions. My gosh, what is she supposed to do libs, just keep spending money that the state doesn't have??? You all realize that money does not grow on trees, right? Is she supposed to just let every illegal remain in the state despite the fact that they broke the law in the first place? She will save AZ if the federal government will stay out of the way.
i think she will save arizona even though the feds are trying to interfere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Ummm...ahem.....well. We know the Left would LOVE to recall them...but where is the evidence that is happening - or are you just making stuff up now?

I guess you don't realize how HARD it will be with Walker and now you claim that 3 more will be recalled?

Link(s) please?
i dont know about the others, but here are some links to the brewer recall effort;

AOL Search (http://aim.search.aol.com/aol/search?q=jan+brewer+recall+effort&s_it=tb50-ff-aim-ab-en-us - broken link)

Old 04-11-2011, 07:09 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
You're worried about $32K when NYS under a democratic governor spends over FIFTY BILLION a year on medicaid, much of it for illegal aliens?

Do I need to even mention CA?
So just WHERE does waste become important? $100K $500K? $1M

It's the principle, not surprising the right doesn't understand.

Like it or not workers were made promises by contract, to renege on those promises while showing no concern for other waste is typical political BS.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Well, one shot down;

Quote:
To be clear, it would seem that those seeking to recall Brewer face unlikely odds at accomplishing their goal. Many in Arizona have stood behind Brewer and the issues and positions she has undertaken. Supporters of the governor propelled her to victory last November.
She has the overwhelming approval of the citizens of the state.

Jan Brewer Critics Gather Signatures To Force Recall Election

Who's next - link?

Old 04-11-2011, 07:17 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Like it or not workers were made promises by contract, to renege on those promises while showing no concern for other waste is typical political BS.
Workers weren't promised anything that the taxpayers could not afford.

NJ sweetened those pensions massively over the past 10 years, and if those idiots in the public union leadership thought that they would get lifetime free healthcare and COLA-plus adjusted pensions without having to significantly contribute to them while watching the state's real estate tax go through the roof, then they have no one to blame but themselves. As Christie himself said in a speech to some firefighters:

"He crumpled up his prepared remarks and threw them on the floor. He told them, “Here’s the deal: I understand you’re angry, and I understand you’re frustrated, and I understand you feel deceived and betrayed.” And, he said, they were right: “For 20 years, governors have come into this room and lied to you, promised you benefits that they had no way of paying for, making promises they knew they couldn’t keep, and just hoping that they wouldn’t be the man or women left holding the bag. I understand why you feel angry and betrayed and deceived by those people. Here’s what I don’t understand. Why are you booing the first guy who came in here and told you the truth?”"

Old 04-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, one shot down;

She has the overwhelming approval of the citizens of the state.

Jan Brewer Critics Gather Signatures To Force Recall Election

Who's next - link?
yep, the recall effort cant be going very well in the first place since this is the first time i have heard of it, and it was started in january.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:27 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Not for 2 years

I'm saying retired politicians who made promises that can't be kept should lose any benefits they receive from the state. Contracts require two signatures. Why should only one side be punished?

Who is being punished? Who's benefits are being taken away. The further away you get, I think the more garbled the message becomes.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Says the party that when they became the majority in the House said their only task and issue that they cared about was getting Obama impeached.
Did you read that on the Huffington POS? Anyone knows the SENATE has the hearing authority on impeachments..

Clause 6: The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.

You can carry on with your I hate the GOP postings...

Old 04-11-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Did you read that on the Huffington POS? Anyone knows the SENATE has the hearing authority on impeachments..

Clause 6: The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.

You can carry on with your I hate the GOP postings...
very true, but remember the house has to pass an impeachment resolution first. clinton was impeached, but not convicted in the senate.

impeachment is like going in front of a grand jury, where as the actual trial is held in the senate.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
very true, but remember the house has to pass an impeachment resolution first. clinton was impeached, but not convicted in the senate.

impeachment is like going in front of a grand jury, where as the actual trial is held in the senate.
And the House never started the impeachment resolution nor was there any such talks like Fiyero claimed..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies