Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 01:38 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,273 times

Advertisements

Whatever happened to that pollster who was making up the DKos numbers last year? Obama needs to find that guy and get him back on the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 01:47 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
If he drops into the 30's it'll be Hello Hillary for sure! She'll pick the most devastating moment to break with him, then express profound regret at the administrations failures despite her monumental efforts, subtly reminding us about how she has risen above her mistreatment, and walk away with 90% of the white dem base.
I was wondering why he started yet another foreign war (Libya) simply because Hillary ordered him to. For his part, he is simply totally disinterested in the business of government. For her, she apparently sought to "prove herself" enough of an idiotic warmonger to quality as Presidential. I guess to run for President, you must prove that you can waste the lives of American servicemen as rabidly as any of the macho-men in Washington. After all, American business interests are now more global than ever, and of course the American taxpayer must fund a military to protect their foreign interests. Political speeches will convince the sheeple that all is done for freedom, democracy, and other ideals that sound good but cannot be proven or disproven in the real world.

Of course, with the Middle Class and lower classes providing the young men and women to be maimed, crippled, disfigured, condemned to pain-filled lives, and psychologically tortured, you'd think they'd object to their elected leaders being so sadistic and power-mad. Too bad they are so easily manipulated that they can be senselessly robbed of their loved ones, but fall for the line that the person died for "freedom and justice" rather than "profit, oil interests, and the militaristic empire building" that all falling nations embrace just prior to bankruptcy and losing a voice among the new world powers that didn't throw away their entire economies for the benefit of a handful of Robber-barons.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:53 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
And now for an historical perspective...

Apologies for not including more recent polling of Obama, but we must make due with what we have.

Truman wins the 'falls farthest the fastest' contest.

Look at HW Bush's polling numbers starting his 3rd year in office...pretty impressive for a one-term president.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:06 PM
C.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I was wondering why he started yet another foreign war (Libya) simply because Hillary ordered him to. For his part, he is simply totally disinterested in the business of government. For her, she apparently sought to "prove herself" enough of an idiotic warmonger to quality as Presidential. I guess to run for President, you must prove that you can waste the lives of American servicemen as rabidly as any of the macho-men in Washington. After all, American business interests are now more global than ever, and of course the American taxpayer must fund a military to protect their foreign interests. Political speeches will convince the sheeple that all is done for freedom, democracy, and other ideals that sound good but cannot be proven or disproven in the real world.

Of course, with the Middle Class and lower classes providing the young men and women to be maimed, crippled, disfigured, condemned to pain-filled lives, and psychologically tortured, you'd think they'd object to their elected leaders being so sadistic and power-mad. Too bad they are so easily manipulated that they can be senselessly robbed of their loved ones, but fall for the line that the person died for "freedom and justice" rather than "profit, oil interests, and the militaristic empire building" that all falling nations embrace just prior to bankruptcy and losing a voice among the new world powers that didn't throw away their entire economies for the benefit of a handful of Robber-barons.
I'm sure Hillary had her reasons, but you can't ignore the role of Samantha Power. She obviously wanted to assign credit for the Libyan uprising to Obama, but that would hardly be a political win if Gadhafi was then allowed to massacre the rebels with impunity. Knowing what she knows now, I have to believe she would be far less eager to take credit for events.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:10 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Gallup.Com - Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Government, Politics, Economics, Management

Obama approval rating hits five-month low - latimes.com

Obama job approval hits 5-month low in Gallup poll

I believe he's matched his lowest recorded approval in the Gallup. 42% Approve, 50% Disapprove.

He is underwater in every income bracket now as well. Even the poor have had enough of his BS.

Presidential Job Approval Center
I won't be voting for Obama but who in the GOP will be able to beat him?
Does the GOP really think cutting Medicare and preserving tax cuts for the super rich is a path to victory?

Old 04-15-2011, 02:28 PM
C.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I won't be voting for Obama but who in the GOP will be able to beat him?
Does the GOP really think cutting Medicare and preserving tax cuts for the super rich is a path to victory?
So what is the path to victory? Obamacare? "Stimulus" waste? Cap & trade? Trillion dollar deficits? $5 gasoline? 8% unemployment? A Keystone Kops war? A few more lavish vacations? A daily dose of "blame Bush" for nothing working the way it was supposed to?

No opponent could be less qualified than Obama 2008. In an ABB year even Edwards would have won easily (and might have been a lot better at the job). There isn't far to go for 2012 to be an ABO year.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:42 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I guess you forgot about W.

W was not the best but is far from the worst.

I did extremely well under W myself and so did many others.

Only the radical left wingers did poorly under GW.

Thanks to GW the middle east is starting to see people crave their freedoms like we have here in America.

Obama is the worst ever, end of story and a fact that you cannot deny.

His record proves just how bad he is.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:51 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
We don't accept obamabucks.
Sounds like you are giving me clucks, Ms. doesn't accept obamabucks.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:43 AM
C.C

He's rebounded to -3 in Gallup. That's the good news. The bad news is that he's -2.9 in the RCP average, propped up by Fox News at +2. But that poll is from 5Apr before the big demagogue-the-budget fiasco which clearly cost him points in every legitimate poll.

Polls at this stage of the cycle are mostly meaningless, but in this case I would argue that they provide some feedback for his flailing efforts to "reconnect", especially with indies. And of course prolonged weakness will force him to lurch farther back to the left to forestall Hillary.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:45 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Obama's "low" approval rating is higher than many presidents" "high" approval rating!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies