Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Liberal America, Conservative America or Libertarian America: Pick One
I Would Move to a 100% Liberal America 49 26.34%
I Would Move to a 100% Conservative America 37 19.89%
I Would Move to a 100% Libertarian America 87 46.77%
I Would Move to Hills and Be a Lone Survivalist!! 13 6.99%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 08:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
What would life be like in your new nation?

Would you trade with the other two new nations or would you not establish diplomatic relations with them?

Ten years later: Would the other two new nations still be around or would they have collapsed?

It would be interesting to see how the C-D community would split up if given the option to move to their "perfect political situation".
I voted libertarian, but I think it is a silly question and am sorry I bothered. I wouldn't want to live anyplace where one party was in total control for heaven's sake.

Nita

Old 04-19-2011, 08:34 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I voted libertarian, but I think it is a silly question and am sorry I bothered. I wouldn't want to live anyplace where one party was in total control for heaven's sake.

Nita
I hear ya'! But, at least the Libertarians are the Non-Party Party!

Old 04-19-2011, 11:40 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
OK, so I chose the Libertarian Nation, as I believe in individual rights. As others have stated, I feel we need less government intrusion in our personal lives. From the poll results so far so have the majority of you. My question is, then why in the Hell are we not as Americans voting for a freakin' LIBERTARIAN???!!! Enough of the lesser of two evils crap! Stop voting for someone just because they have a D or an R in front of their name! I mean really, what is the worst that would happen if everyone actually voted for a Libertarian?

Old 04-19-2011, 11:48 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,211,043 times
I picked libertarian even though a lot of libertarians annoy me.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:06 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
OK, so I chose the Libertarian Nation, as I believe in individual rights. As others have stated, I feel we need less government intrusion in our personal lives. From the poll results so far so have the majority of you. My question is, then why in the Hell are we not as Americans voting for a freakin' LIBERTARIAN???!!! Enough of the lesser of two evils crap! Stop voting for someone just because they have a D or an R in front of their name! I mean really, what is the worst that would happen if everyone actually voted for a Libertarian?

Last time I voted for a Libertarian, they elected Obama.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:33 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,211,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Last time I voted for a Libertarian, they elected Obama.
I think you need to check your facts. Obama won by almost 10 million votes and 173 electoral votes. The Libertarian candidate received 523,000 votes BEHIND Ralph Nader who received 738,000.

I doubt the 523k votes were the difference in enough electoral votes to make the difference.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:02 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Americans are the world's best trained humans:

YouTube - Paper: Obama Clearly Using Covert Hypnosis Methods

Old 04-19-2011, 04:05 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
What would life be like in your new nation?

Would you trade with the other two new nations or would you not establish diplomatic relations with them?

Ten years later: Would the other two new nations still be around or would they have collapsed?

It would be interesting to see how the C-D community would split up if given the option to move to their "perfect political situation".

None of them.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:08 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
It is a no-brainer. Of course I would live in the conservative nation. The liberal nation hates firearms and has nothing but utter contempt for the military, so invading them would be a walk in the park. And everyone knows libertarians are nothing more than anarchists so there would not be a libertarian "nation."

So at the end of the day, there would only be a conservative nation.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:09 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,378 times
Liberal Land, Libertarian Land, Conservative Land.

I would add a fourth and not live in any of the above.

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan, ( no one knows where this is ) has considered seceding from the rest of Michigan for over a hundred years. Supporters have called it Superiorland, since we abut Lake Superior. The largest freshwater lake on Earth.

Michigan's Upper Peninsula is seperated from the Lower Peninsula by Lake Michigan and Lake Huron.

The Upper Peninsula is different from the Lower Peninsula in many ways, but government downstate often is in control. Decisions made in Lansing or Detroit do not always sit well with folks who live 500 miles away.

Many feel that if good decisions are going to be made for the Upper Peninsula, then local people should be making those decisions. Hence, the dream of secession. The Upper Peninsula has different resources and a different economy than the Lower Peninsula.

Upper Peninsula of Michigan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Superiorland could sustain itself. It would not be seceding from the United States, but from the state of Michigan. It would become the 51st state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies