Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Punishment should Michael Vick get IF convicted?
Death Penalty. 12 25.53%
30 years. 3 6.38%
20 years. 5 10.64%
10 years. 8 17.02%
5 years. 6 12.77%
3 years. 4 8.51%
1 year. 1 2.13%
Probation. 5 10.64%
Nothing, he will be found innocent/not guilty. 2 4.26%
No punishment, even though he is guilty. 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 06:23 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
The man should probably get probation. That's not because the crime was minimal, it's because that's what anyone else would get.

Way too many people in the US have a dog fetish. They're not your babies, and they're not family members, they're animals. I just hope that doesn't affect his sentencing, otherwise we'll have a serious miscarriage of justice. The sentence should be the same as it would be if the animals were possums or raccoons.

Now if stupidity were a crime, the man should get the chair. Why anyone with that type of career would risk it for chump change like that is beyond me. The man, much like many professional football players these days, is a moron.

~T
They may just be "animals" however, if it's a crime. It's a crime. Cockfighting is illegal and they're just chickens. It just so happens here in America we (should) have the humanity to not use the abuse and injury of other species for our own amusement.

Different judges do different things depending upon the evidence and just how guilty they feel a suspect to be. The can suspend a sentence if the person committed the crime in a small way and/or the person is extremely remorseful.. or give the maximum sentence if the crime was "ugly" and/or the individual takes the legal system as a joke.

The judge judges the evidence, the mannerisms, and everything about the case to determine guilt and in some cases sentencing. According to reports on this judge, he takes his job seriously. If found guilty, Vick could be looking at the max time in a Federal Penitentiary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 04:31 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
They may just be "animals" however, if it's a crime. It's a crime. Cockfighting is illegal and they're just chickens. It just so happens here in America we (should) have the humanity to not use the abuse and injury of other species for our own amusement.

Different judges do different things depending upon the evidence and just how guilty they feel a suspect to be. The can suspend a sentence if the person committed the crime in a small way and/or the person is extremely remorseful.. or give the maximum sentence if the crime was "ugly" and/or the individual takes the legal system as a joke.

The judge judges the evidence, the mannerisms, and everything about the case to determine guilt and in some cases sentencing. According to reports on this judge, he takes his job seriously. If found guilty, Vick could be looking at the max time in a Federal Penitentiary.
That's a very romantic idea, but in reality that will never happen.

Personally, I would rather see that breed extinct anyway. They're not stable, and too strong for most people to fend off.

In fact, if MOST people were approached by a stray pit-bull, and they were armed, they'd probably shoot it before it got too close. We don't need these kinds of dogs roaming the earth, as pets or otherwise.

Never mind me though, I hate dogs, lol. I also hate the stupid owners who walk them around as if I'm supposed to tolerate the stinking mutt brushing up against me, or drooling on me.

DOGS are treated better than SMOKERS these days!

I never got bit by a cigarette, nor did a cigarette ever infest my house with fleas.

I think a LOT of you need to let it go. It was stupid, but he didn't commit genocide.

~T

Old 09-02-2007, 03:10 PM

3 posts, read 5,748 times
dog fighting upsets you, and rightfully so. drowning cats is inhumane even though you stated that it only takes 30 to 45 seconds for death to occur. those seconds may not seem long to you since you are not the creature being held under water until dead. try holding your hand over a lit candle for 30 to 45 seconds. you may develop a diferent opinion as to how long that really is.

Old 09-02-2007, 03:19 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
I would highly suggest YapCity keeps his views out of the dog section... they'll eat him for breakfast

glad to see I'm in the majority on this poll

Old 09-02-2007, 04:11 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,341,500 times
The animal loving gang mentality is scary. This guy Vick, is creating more press than all the murders in all of the major cities in the last two weeks.

If you let Vick alone in a room with these animal rights folks, he'd wish he was a chicken.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:14 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
just need to find a way to channel that same way of thinking towards murderers, rapists, and child molesters and then we'll be making some serious progress.. it's out there, we just need more people that aren't afraid to say they don't like them and they don't want them around..

instead you get the rehab them crowd.. I have that argument with my social working brother every time I talk to him on the phone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies