Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 06:44 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,487,092 times

Advertisements

Washington Times:
Philadelphia coddles kids with condoms, not parents | Washington Times Communities

In Philadephia, whose deficit is over 800 million dollars, taxpayers are doling out for cute little condoms for children.

Now, I don't know who's darling little 11 year old daughter is spreading her legs all over town or why. And I don't know who's sixth grade little man, helmet and all, is riding his bike over to "Miss Open For Business" Mom's house for the purpose of screwing or why.

But, it seems to me that this city has gotten it all wrong.

11 year olds should be playing and studying. Not screwing.

Ribbed - for her pleasure.

Come on. If kids are going to learn, they should learn from Mom & Dad.

Dad says, "Keep your pecker in your pants".
Mom says, "Keep you legs crossed - you're 11".

That should do it.

Otherwise a kid could learn by developing a disease. That should teach little Johnny a lesson. And his friends won't want the same thing to happen to their dicks either.

Taxpayers should not be on the hook for bad behavior. If little Johnny gets gonorrhea, tell him he's grounded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 07:19 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,740,305 times
It is ALWAYS the girls decision when to have sex. Boys are ALWAYS going to say "yes".

Old 04-19-2011, 07:28 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,769,738 times
Boys and girls equally need to be taught morality in their homes. Condoms for 11 yr olds? Really?

How about a swift kick instead?

Old 04-19-2011, 07:30 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,740,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Boys and girls equally need to be taught morality in their homes. Condoms for 11 yr olds? Really?

How about a swift kick instead?

Too much MTV and "urban" influence on decent kids.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:32 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,487,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
It is ALWAYS the girls decision when to have sex. Boys are ALWAYS going to say "yes".
Even before they have boobs?

Maybe there is some bad decision making going on.

Taxpayers shouldn't be funding condoms for kids.

How about the balloons Mom bought for little Suzy on her 11th birthday?

Old 04-19-2011, 07:39 AM

38,014 posts, read 22,198,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
At eleven years old?

The problem with schools handing out condoms to students of younger and younger ages, is that the children get the message - It's so common for kids your age to be having sex, that we just give you free condoms. So if you aren't having sex yet... THEN WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU, ARE YOU... WEIRD??

Old 04-19-2011, 10:07 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,463,342 times
And you wonder why we have the problems we do with teen pregnancy. I am sorry in no way should this be happening at this young of an age, it is like saying here is the bandage, now go out and hurt yourself, your protected, this is what is wrong with our kids. And too many dang parents are afraid to talk to their children about Sex, why i don't understand it. At 11 i don't think that kids ought to be concentrating on sex.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:11 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,325,448 times
To me, giving 11 year olds condoms is like saying, "here, it's okay to go out and have sex, but use a condom."

I didn't even think about sex when I was 11, neither did any of my friends.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:12 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,088,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
In Philadephia, whose deficit is over 800 million dollars, taxpayers are doling out for cute little condoms for children.
You think that condoms are more expensive than treating STD?

Quote:
11 year olds should be playing and studying. Not screwing.
What 11 year olds are suppose to be doing and what they ARE doing is the issue. You can stick your head in the abstinence only sand and wish the problem away or you can deal with reality.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:30 AM

18,414 posts, read 19,051,059 times
800 million dollar deficit is not going to be effected much either way by handing out condoms to children 11-19 years old. if the deficit is what troubles the op there are lots of other ways to handle that problem more efficiently.

the op alludes to 11 year old only getting condoms the article says 11 to 19. teenagers have sex, condoms will slow down unwanted pregnancies and STD's we need more education and access to birth control not less. the op suggests mom and dad just tell the kid no, in a lot of households mom and dad do not want to talk about it or are too embarrassed to bring the subject up. some kids wouldn't listen to their parents even if they were given sound advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies