Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 10:15 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
Facts speak for themselves, blacks are more likely to commit hate crimes than whites and Latinos combined, according to FBI hate crime statistics. This tells us that blacks hate more compared to other races in this country.
More likely to commit or more likely to be accused of or more likely to be convicted of?

Old 04-25-2011, 10:16 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Like I said before, we can't be sure if it was or wasn't a race crime unless we make an investigation. But I won't stand for people who try to whitewash (no pun intended) this as if there couldn't never be hate based motivations. There's room for the attackers to get specially upset that a white female was allegedly flirting, and if they would react similarly if it was someone from their own race.
There can be a hate based motive in any crime. That's why I don't see why some people are so focused on race here. Something is usually different between the victim and attacker in every time whether it's race, religion, gender, age, financial class, etc. I have seen both black and white girls (especially in high school) bully girls of their race or another over a boy. This one happened to be caught on tape. By the way, the criminals here were 14 and 18 and yes think it still would've happened if the race were different. That's why I don't think race is important here. I've said numerous times, the criminals deserve to be punished. I really don't care what race they are.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:17 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Looks like an assault with intent to kill. Let the cops and the courts decide the perpetrator's fate.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Facts speak for themselves, blacks are more likely to commit hate crimes than whites and Latinos combined, according to FBI hate crime statistics. This tells us that blacks hate more compared to other races in this country.
I can play the stat game too. We can also have discussions on racial profiling, institutional racism, manifest destiny, colonialsim and genocide or we can site stats on who actually has comitted the most race-based hate crimes but I don't think it's relevant to this particular discussion. A crime was committed, the criminals deserve to be punished and race has nothing to do with it -- bottom line.

The only people that you can get to side with you when it comes to blaming "the black communtiy" for every crime committed by a black person or that blacks are inferior menaces to society are people that were already on your side.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:24 AM

810 posts, read 837,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
More likely to commit or more likely to be accused of or more likely to be convicted of?
They are more likely to commit hate crimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I can play the stat game too. We can also have discussions on racial profiling, institutional racism, manifest destiny, colonialsim and genocide or we can site stats on who actually has comitted the most race-based hate crimes but I don't think it's relevant to this particular discussion. A crime was committed, the criminals deserve to be punished and race has nothing to do with it -- bottom line.

Those things come from the 1% of the lite,

The only people that you can get to side with you when it comes to blaming "the black communtiy" for every crime committed by a black person or that blacks are inferior menaces to society are people that were already on your side.
When white institutions promote atrocities, they should be blamed. When black cultures promote atrocities they should also be blamed. There are no sacred cows in the real world.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:27 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
We can't possibly know that can we?

We can only know if they are more likely to be accused of convicted of hate crimes.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
But you've only given a portion of those stats and you're being misleading. According to the same stats, Whites are more likely to committ racially-based hate crimes and more whites have actually committed hate crimes than blacks. I really wasn't trying to get into this because I still think that bringing race into this discussion is stupid and lame but if you're going to site stats, why pick bits and pieces?

Old 04-25-2011, 10:36 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
But you've only given a portion of those stats and you're being misleading. According to the same stats, Whites are more likely to committ racially-based hate crimes and more whites have actually committed hate crimes than blacks. I really wasn't trying to get into this because I still think that bringing race into this discussion is stupid and lame but if you're going to site stats, why pick bits and pieces?
There are six times more whites, so when you adjust that for population, blacks are at least 5 times more active in crime, welfare, prison and maybe even government employment than whites.

That said, whites are no prize themselves at all. Too many learned about pot and worse drugs and IMO that is the base cause of most all the problems.
I have a sister working for Head Start for many years. She says we now have coming about a 20% population of kids who had parents drunk or on drugs while they were in mama. So what do you think probably happens to those kids as adults? I figure prison or some social programs we can't afford.
That is the state of it all IMO.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:46 AM

810 posts, read 837,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There are six times more whites, so when you adjust that for population, blacks are at least 5 times more active in crime, welfare, prison and maybe even government employment than whites.

That said, whites are no prize themselves at all. Too many learned about pot and worse drugs and IMO that is the base cause of most all the problems.
I have a sister working for Head Start for many years. She says we now have coming about a 20% population of kids who had parents drunk or on drugs while they were in mama. So what do you think probably happens to those kids as adults? I figure prison or some social programs we can't afford.
That is the state of it all IMO.
Exactly, the most important factor is proportion. Imagine if there were as many blacks as whites with those rates of criminality? This country would be a true hell hole.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:53 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:

When white institutions promote atrocities, they should be blamed. When black cultures promote atrocities they should also be blamed. There are no sacred cows in the real world.

What "black culture" promotes atrocities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies