Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's worse......the KKK or the Black Panthers
KKK 126 45.32%
Black Panthers 49 17.63%
Neither 5 1.80%
Both are equally bad. 98 35.25%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:04 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,954,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
The KKK and The Black Panthers actually have very little in common outside of both ogranizations' racist preferences. The KKK was created to keep a race of people down and to promote the belief, falsely, that whites are superior to blacks and that God made it this way so that the white man would always rule over the black man. The Black Panthers were fighting for equality for the black man, an organization to bring power and wealth to a disenfranchised group who had undergone 300 years of racist living.

In terms of killing people, the KKK has the Black Panthers beat by a country mile!
Exactly...this is why I say the KKK is worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 10:28 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,805,844 times
Default Accepting the good with the bad accounting methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
You realize that none of the videos you have posted constitute a response to chicagoland's comment in any way, right? Chicagoland says the old Black Panthers think that the NBPP are racist, and you come up with a bunch of strawmen and caricatures, smugly and sarcastically saying that black people can't be racist? That's laughable. Threads on race in this forum always turn to trash because people pop off at the mouth with stereotypes of "dysfunctional culture" and other veiled racism without having any idea what they're talking about.

Keep in mind that this has nothing to do with the original topic, which was based on drawing a comparison between the KKK and the Black Panthers which is so extraordinarily inaccurate historically that it makes me sad.
I'm not joking with you. I suggest you take this seriously and pay very close attention to why people support the rights of anyone, but the moment said individuals start crossing lines violating the rights of others, people tend to back away and revoke that support. The accusations get hurled that the support was disingenuous, and is held up as evidence of latent racism that must be attacked. As group dynamics go, it's merit based reasoning causing them to respond the same way no matter what color, creed, or race. The longer you delude yourself into thinking I'm against you, the more you'll persist shooting yourself in the foot. If that beaten trail of thinking hasn't worked for 300 yrs, what makes you think it will work now?

I've already answered this from first hand knowledge, not media of the era and not revisionist history. My story never rated headline news. It was too boring, I suppose. Those original militant blacks backlashing post assassinations went very far out of their way to destroy racial harmony. They were oblivious to the salt of the earth native culture of Long Island. In my life racism was an import imposed upon said culture to it's extinction. Told from their mentally ill point of view, blacks and whites treating each other like kin must naturally mean my Aunt Marie was treated like a house slave when invited to dinner? Never happened.

Men do stupid things when they're angry. It's so far beyond the realm of possibility to you that they simply had no benchmark for normal to realize something healthy was going on in my town USA. IMO they never had a plan beyond retribution. Axe to grind agenda is still a recruiting tool and ready crafted talking points of your suppositions today. There are grievous flaws in your suppositions and pointing it out to you does not make ME your enemy.

So, are you in the business of telling the whole truth, or are you in the business of selling yourself a story you feel most comfortable telling? What are you sad about? The hero portrayed to you isn't as shiny as you thought? You're using language claiming veiled racism when I've consistently spoken very bluntly. I expect everyone to be judged by their actions, not by irrelevant criteria. To do otherwise is racist so don't be one yourself. Don't lie about watching those videos. Clearly you didn't. If you've satisfied yourself that there's no other perspective than your own, I'm left wondering why you're in the blog if all other perspectives are irrelevant. Not a team player. There's a whole other country you live out in your mind that has nothing to do with our constitution or the greater good of all. It's a common theme in 'the black community' that does incredible harm to them as individuals, and as a group.

There's a broad spectrum of characters throughout black history contributing to global and American history. Are you willing to dispassionately discern merit contributions vs identifying dysfunctional aspects in main stream America present tense, or are you going to persist holding Obama and Powell on the same stage with Rodney King as if they were 'equals'? They are equals inasmuch as they were both born with inalienable rights. Their resumes, what they did with said rights, makes all the difference. Embracing credit for only the good and sweeping dirt under a rug attributing it to the devil whites did it to you-- pernicious dysfunction in black culture is your pernicious denial/ misattributed blame. Your accounting methods in historical tales could stand serious improvements if you're sincerely trying to elevate yourself and your people. I see that error in both whites and blacks. I see that error in Jews, Christians of multiple denominations, and in Muslims.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:30 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,602,149 times
Default Who's worse....the KKK or the Black Panthers

The KKK

And it isn't even close.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:09 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,957,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Both are RACIST groups, so who is the worst?

Who else but a white dude....equating the Black Panthers to the KKK.

Last edited by dorado0359; 04-25-2011 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: ...

Old 04-25-2011, 01:24 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,233,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Who else but a white dude....equating the Black Panthers to the KKK.
I'm confused. Which organization do you feel is not racist?

Old 04-25-2011, 02:02 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,211,677 times
sorry, standing around holding a baton in and of itself is not a crime. the wing nuts tried to claim he was intimidating voters, but have failed to produce one voter that was intimidated. where was the crime?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Yes, clearly a person with a weapon would be intimidated by a person carrying a video camera. The only reason the guy with the weapon could be intimidated by a camera is because he knew someone was documenting him breaking the law.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:44 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,735,523 times
What "Black Panthers" are you talking about?
There's the New Black Panthers aq group of 5 morons in North Philadelphia or the remnants of the Black panthers in Oakland which is not much bigger. They at least, have been around since the 60s

Old 04-25-2011, 07:57 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,867,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
sorry, standing around holding a baton in and of itself is not a crime. the wing nuts tried to claim he was intimidating voters, but have failed to produce one voter that was intimidated. where was the crime?
Ok, let's use some basic logic here... tell me what reason would a person have to stand out in front of a polling place carrying a billy stick if they didn't intend to intimidate? They weren't protecting anyone, they weren't in any danger and they deliberately in an area that everyone knew was very sensitive given the situation of the 2008 election. So please explain to me what they were doing at the doors of a polling location with a billy stick wearing their black panther "uniforms"?

Old 04-25-2011, 08:01 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,867,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
What "Black Panthers" are you talking about?
There's the New Black Panthers aq group of 5 morons in North Philadelphia or the remnants of the Black panthers in Oakland which is not much bigger. They at least, have been around since the 60s
The New Black Panthers group here in the Houston area has many members and a very outspoken idiot leader named Quanell X who seems to get his face on the local news weekly.

Quanell X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New Black Panther Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-25-2011, 08:07 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,855,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Ok, let's use some basic logic here... tell me what reason would a person have to stand out in front of a polling place carrying a billy stick if they didn't intend to intimidate? They weren't protecting anyone, they weren't in any danger and they deliberately in an area that everyone knew was very sensitive given the situation of the 2008 election. So please explain to me what they were doing at the doors of a polling location with a billy stick wearing their black panther "uniforms"?
Any notice how intimated the white women standing behind them looks to be.

The guy with the night stick was made to leave by the police. The guy on the right was a poll watcher and was allowed to stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies