Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's worse......the KKK or the Black Panthers
KKK 126 45.32%
Black Panthers 49 17.63%
Neither 5 1.80%
Both are equally bad. 98 35.25%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 03:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingspirit View Post
Yeah they just want equality....
"Want" equality? More flattery. As if you have the means to deny someone such status.

No matter how stupid they might be, they're already your equal. At a minimum. I don't know why that stupid "equality" word gets thrown around so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 03:58 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
There both good for nothing groups, who spew hatred, therefore in my books, thery are equal in my thoughts on them. They stand for different things, that boil down to hatred in my book. I have no use for either one of them. Is one better then the other!

Infact put all of these hate groups in one group, they all stand for the same thing, different meaning, but hate is hate!

Old 04-22-2011, 05:39 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Hmmm. You are not speaking of current events are you ?
Nope. This was 50's 60's era.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:43 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
KKK and Black Panthers are apples and oranges. A better comparison is The New Black Panthers and The Tea Party.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:00 PM

1 posts, read 893 times
How stupid is this, how are you comparing a group of blacks who were protecting themselves from Racist white cops killing black youth to a group of angry racist white killing blacks because they were looking at white women. You racist trash.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:26 PM

217 posts, read 417,405 times
The Black Panters also had food programs to feed impoverished inner city school children daily. At the time there wasn't a national Free Lunch program in public schools as there is today.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:01 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Both are RACIST groups, so who is the worst?
KKK. White ppl have it made in this country. A white guy like George W Bush didn't even have to be smart to be elected POTUS and run the country. that's the kind of white privilege that white ppl enjoy every day of their lives.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:02 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Both are RACIST groups, so who is the worst?
Worse at what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
The KKK has done nothing in 40 years . .
Weren't they just in the news earlier this month for something in California? The only difference between the KKK then and now is that they can't be as open as they used to be. The law isn't on their side anymore but I doubt they just disbanded and went on to peaceful lives.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:32 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Somebody had to be first. As time went on, it was codified into local laws (and even into the Constitution) that black people were inferior to white people. True, slavery of Africans in the American colonies happened before America was an actual country, but that doesn't negate the history.

Again, that was not 300 years ago, unless you are living in the year 1919. I kinda doubt that, since the internet wasn't around then.
Slavery was not everywhere nor did the chains being materially severed begin to touch the other chains installed in their minds. 300 yrs of 100% physical chains in all places in USA is not the whole truth. While the white community has taken a serious look at it's laws and did it's best to scrub out slavery & racism, the 'black community' has done little to eradicate the mental chains, but rather, promote them and forge multiple brands of chains.

Nolo contendere that codification did take place. That said explain to me how, importing antebellum south to a place like Oakland California is California's fault? It was psychological baggage they brought with them that created racism where there was little or none. A black man lifts himself up in Alabama, builds a life, builds a business, has it destroyed by malevolent supremacists-- that's not what they met in California but they act as if it were. That's not what they met in rural Long Island once upon a time either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
The real black panther party disbanded a long time ago. They fighting for rights ultimately. Read up on them. The new black panther party is a joke and a racist organization from what I can see. Hell, the Anti-defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center called them a hate group. Please don't confuse the two. Most black people know the difference between the two.

Now having said that, the KKK historically is much much worse than the New Black Panther party. Currently, however both are pretty much toothless and jokes.
Neither are toothless if either poli party has to pander to these losers. They don't belong in this country if they're animating themselves as terrorists towards American citizens. They BOTH are. Why should it matter what color terrorists are?

As for what black panthers through rose colored glasses of a history book being so much superior- that's not what I lived out in my neighborhood.

My origin in rural suffolk county long island enjoyed positive/ neutral race (and class) relations until militant uneducated creeps from mystery city origins showed up and ran off my nice black (and some white) neighbors. You don't have to be wealthy to be decent or have dignity and that's how we were all living. It was at that point a formerly poor neighborhood that was upwardly mobile for all achieving middle class summarily went to hell in a hand basket. Meddlesome dung went very far out of their way to eradicate good will where it could be found. Yes, that does anger me because I very much valued my diverse neighborhood that shared a sense of common decency. They were family to me. The good will that we forged together as a community was stomped to death by imported sickness. Black folks who had no hand in building it (specifically-those relationships, which go far beyond mere buildings. The difference between a house and a home) destroyed it. Is that really so different from Chicago whites feeling at the time? Not at all. Punctuated by riots.

Am I really so different from NC? Not really. I can very much relate to SOME southerners of traditional republican & liberal dem values disgusted with dixiecrats. By and large in the north those dixiecrats were (and often are) republican, more obvious in PA- the 'sin eating' party strategy carving up America? They'll just dance around it gerrymandering infinitely. How many have a vested interest in seeing the thorns in the mind of black people stay right where they are forever? Not me. Anyone else in this thread wish for them to never heal?

Old 04-22-2011, 07:37 PM

313 posts, read 284,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
KKK. White ppl have it made in this country. A white guy like George W Bush didn't even have to be smart to be elected POTUS and run the country. that's the kind of white privilege that white ppl enjoy every day of their lives.
White people have "made it" because White people built this country. The democracy, the rule of law, the industry. Everything.

Of course White people will benefit. A better question would be, with all this "White privilege" who lives better - A Black person in a White country or a Black person in a country that their people have built?

Does "Black privilege" exist in Nigeria? South Africa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies