Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 08:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
There's a lot wrong with this bill. People have been using that word for a long time, and now they want to say that you can't use it?

Kids know about homosexuality before 9th grade. I have kids in middle school that have gay friends in their grade and below. The sooner they know, the more tolerant they will be.
So teach it at home then at your own pace and when YOU think it's appropriate.

School is for academics..not social justice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 08:53 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So teach it at home then at your own pace and when YOU think it's appropriate.

School is for academics..not social justice.
I do, when I was asked.

I agree that school is for academics and not social justice. I just don't think it should be a crime to utter the word before 9th grade.
In no way, do I think it's the school's job to teach anything social. That's for families to teach.

I don't think I was quite clear with my first post on this subject.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:56 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Did you read the article?
And did you?

Quote:
We wouldn't be discussing this sort of legislation if gay activists weren't propagandizing our elementary school kids with crap like "And Tango Makes Three".
Propagandizing? Yep, dem gays ought jus stay in the chifforobe. Of course when some kid tells their classmates that they have two mommies or two daddy's and the little tikes get all confused and intolerant like, the school can't even explain why it ain't right to tease, pick on, or beat up the kid who told them about his families unfamiliar make up. And god help the teacher who gets asked about Modern Family.

Johnny and Becky Sue: Miss Johnson there's this show on the TV where two men have a baby. Does that mean the baby has two daddy's?

Miss Johnson: We can't talk about that Johnny and Becky Sue.

Johnny and Becky Sue: How come.

Miss Johnson: We just can't.

Johnny and Becky Sue: But why?

Miss Johnson: Because.

Johnny and Becky Sue: Because what?

Miss Johnson: Because it is against the law.

Johnny and Becky Sue: It's against the law to talk about a TV show? We talked about Little House on the Prairie.

Miss Johnson: That's different.

Johnny and Becky Sue: Why?

Johnny and Becky Sue: Because what??

It could be pretty funny, if it wasn't so damned stupid.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:57 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
I don't even know where you got that from
You are forcing your beliefs on others that may or may not believe the same thing. You're brainwashing because you advocate forcing impressionable kids to believe in something you do, but not necessarily their parents.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:59 AM

45,231 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Get rid of public schools and the government forced social engineering that is part and parcel of it will disappear.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:01 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
No, I'm not. You are completely misunderstanding. I don't force my beliefs on anyone. If the kids ask me about it, I tell them what it's about WITHOUT interjecting my personal beliefs.

I just do not think it should be a crime to utter the word before 9th grade.

How do you even know what I believe on the subject? Get off your aggressive high horse.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:02 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Aberrant sexual behavior? I agree, heterosexual sex is pretty gross. Why do so many people engage in it?
Ask the male sperm donor and female incubator that allowed you to pose that question.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I do, when I was asked.

I agree that school is for academics and not social justice. I just don't think it should be a crime to utter the word before 9th grade.
In no way, do I think it's the school's job to teach anything social. That's for families to teach.

I don't think I was quite clear with my first post on this subject.
Agree with these points.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:04 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You are forcing your beliefs on others that may or may not believe the same thing. You're brainwashing because you advocate forcing impressionable kids to believe in something you do, but not necessarily their parents.
Since when has the right cared about brainwashing? They keep trying to teach kids that evolution is lie. Is that type of brainwashing ok in school, but telling people about gays isn't?

Old 04-23-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
And did you?

Propagandizing? Yep, dem gays ought jus stay in the chifforobe. Of course when some kid tells their classmates that they have two mommies or two daddy's and the little tikes get all confused and intolerant like, the school can't even explain why it ain't right to tease, pick on, or beat up the kid who told them about his families unfamiliar make up. And god help the teacher who gets asked about Modern Family.

Johnny and Becky Sue: Miss Johnson there's this show on the TV where two men have a baby. Does that mean the baby has two daddy's?

Miss Johnson: We can't talk about that Johnny and Becky Sue.

Johnny and Becky Sue: How come.

Miss Johnson: We just can't.

Johnny and Becky Sue: But why?

Johnny and Becky Sue: Because what?

Miss Johnson: Because it is against the law.

Johnny and Becky Sue: It's against the law to talk about a TV show? We talked about Little House on the Prairie.

Miss Johnson: That's different.

Johnny and Becky Sue: Why?

Johnny and Becky Sue: Because what??

It could be pretty funny, if it wasn't so damned stupid.
I agree that modern family crap is damn stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies