Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 02:03 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times

Advertisements

As a black man, it saddens me to say this. But Barack has blown it for future black candidates.......

After this grand experience, I believe many white indepedents will never vote for another black man as President....Democrat or GOP!

White folks are getting tired of being called racist whenever the other side can't come up with answers to issues or questions concerning this man or if they dislike his policies!! Did we not have people asking about Bush's grades? His military service? Dan Rather lost his gig trying to fake Bush's service record! Was that racist??? No! It was stupid! If Bush was black, would it be racist then? NO!

AND THESE ARE WHITE PEOPLE THAT VOTED FOR HIM!!!

I honestly believe that many would rather have a white guy they can criticize without the friggin' race card being played! I think there's a lot of buyer remorse out there.

We are so polarized right now! I've never seen it this bad in my life time.

Obama has blown it for the bruthas...

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-17-2011 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: copyright

Old 04-29-2011, 02:20 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
As a black man, it saddens me to say this. But Barack has blown it for future black candidates.......

After this grand experience, I believe many white indepedents will never vote for another black man as President....Democrat or GOP!

White folks are getting tired of being called racist whenever the other side can't come up with answers to issues or questions concerning this man or if they dislike his policies!! Did we not have people asking about Bush's grades? His military service? Dan Rather lost his gig trying to fake Bush's service record! Was that racist??? No! It was stupid! If Bush was black, would it be racist then? NO!

I honestly believe that many would rather have a white guy they can criticize without the friggin' race card being played! I think there's a lot of buyer remorse out there.

Is the race of the president important to you?

Old 04-29-2011, 02:28 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Is the race of the president important to you?

No...but it was important to a lot of independents who were so-called "trying to create history" by casting their vote for him.

and now some of those same folks are now being called racists simply because they don't like the Hope and Change he's doing!

Old 04-29-2011, 02:51 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
I agree with you. I've said this very thing a number of times, but as a white man, my comments were interpreted as just another racist point of view coming from an obvious racist.

Democrats have never been known for extraordinary foresight. Time and again they show this on this very forum, so I expect nothing different on the macro-constituent level. But Independents...they're a different crop. You've hit the nail on the head.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:06 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Good post. Vote for the person who will deliver the goods no matter what their appearance. A candidate should be judged on their accomplishments.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:10 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,837,802 times
As Dr. King said..."A man should not be judged by the color of his skin, but content of his character".

If a person does not vote for for another black candidate because of the President's actions/color...that's on them. I have enough real concerns in my life to add the concerns/actions of idiots to my list.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:28 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

You're overstating the case. Now that the nation has voted for a black president for many of the wrong reasons, the nation has laid the groundwork for voting for a black president for the right ones.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:34 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
You're overstating the case. Now that the nation has voted for a black president for many of the wrong reasons, the nation has laid the groundwork for voting for a black president for the right ones.
Perhaps you have a point, but whomever the next legitimate black candidate is will suffer an extreme case scrutiny. The next black President will have to have very thick skin (unlike the current White House occupant).

Old 04-29-2011, 03:40 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,943,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Good post. Vote for the person who will deliver the goods no matter what their appearance. A candidate should be judged on their accomplishments.
Exactly, and what were Obama's accomplishments? Can someone point them out for me?

Close Gitmo?
Out of Afghanistan?
Out of Iraq?
No more involvement in wars like Libya?
Transparency in government?
Balanced budget and reduced deficits?
Unemployment down?
No more money to bank fraudsters?
Change?

What we got was a health bill law that enriches insurance companies while adding thousands of employees to the IRS to force compliance. A healthcare law that nobody likes.

What they voted for was a Chicago community organizer and that is what we got. We got an empty suit but what else could you expect from an election where 18 year old high school kids were bussed to the polling place and given ice cream afterward but only if they voted the "right way"?

What we got, thanks to Obama, is a world that is a much more dangerous place.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:18 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,919,106 times
His term isn't up yet. How can you judge him now? Did Lyndon Johnson blow it for Presidents from Texas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies