Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 08:23 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

Obama is responsible for not doing the right thing and taking him alive and give him a trial and than have him receive the death penalty like a Western Country treats their prisoners.

I'm glad Osama is dead, but after hearing that he didn't have a gun, I'm now changing my mind and think this will cause more harm to the USA!

IF it is how it is now was reported on NBC earlier this morning. They were reporting that Osama had no gun and was immediately shot.

In The Netherlands 2 crazy people tried to file a police report to accuse the USA of murdering Osama but the police didn't want to take their report. I agree on that, but I think if the above is true, than Obama will be responsible when US citizens will be killed in a similar way....

We all know that the 9/11 victims never got a proper burial...many were burned to life...

Why did Obama order a proper muslim burial within 24 hrs....

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the bastard is dead, but I think this will hurt the US more...

This is not like with Hitler...when Hitler died the war was completely over. With Osama there are multiple muslim extremist groups who will go on just as they have been doing but now with more hate and more brutal killings, than they already have committed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 08:25 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the bastard is dead, but I think this will hurt the US more...
On what ground would it hurt more?

Old 05-04-2011, 08:35 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
This is really simple.

If Osama had been taken alive and held for trial, there would be a bunch of people yelling that Obama did not have the balls to kill Bin Laden.

They would be rallying against their tax payer dollars being used to hold him and try him, for the cost of security to keep him, for the danger that would present, for the dignity it would afford him - in other words, Obama would have been eviscerated for NOT HAVING THE BALLS TO ASSASSINATE HIM WHILE HE HAD THE CHANCE.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
To quote myself:

The Law does not justify it only sets the rules. As bin Laden's form of warfare is outside any and all law he was not protected by law. He was OUTLAW and treated as any other pest and killed without remorse.

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Monday morning quarterbacking a military event is just plain pointless. None of us were there to know if bin Laden was rushing a SEAL in threatening manner or sound to sleep in his bed. Or if other people were in the room ready to protect bin Laden and the SEAL who shot thought it would be his/her only chance before dying him/herself. None of us put our lives in danger to go after the man who has been responsible for thousands of deaths around the world.

As for the proper burial...think about our military still aboard and how much danger it would have put them in IF we had taken the body and acted in a barbaric manner. Did the burning of a Koran teach us nothing? Just what do people think we should have done with it? Parade it around the streets of New York? We're suppose to be better than the uncivilized countries that degrade the bodies of their enemy, cutting off heads and peeing on remains. Now is the time to show that we are better than them, and we did just that by how we handled the burial within the Islamic required 24 hours and wrapped in a white sheet.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 05-04-2011 at 09:28 AM..

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obama is responsible for not doing the right thing and taking him alive and give him a trial and than have him receive the death penalty like a Western Country treats their prisoners.

I'm glad Osama is dead, but after hearing that he didn't have a gun, I'm now changing my mind and think this will cause more harm to the USA!

IF it is how it is now was reported on NBC earlier this morning. They were reporting that Osama had no gun and was immediately shot.

In The Netherlands 2 crazy people tried to file a police report to accuse the USA of murdering Osama but the police didn't want to take their report. I agree on that, but I think if the above is true, than Obama will be responsible when US citizens will be killed in a similar way....

We all know that the 9/11 victims never got a proper burial...many were burned to life...

Why did Obama order a proper muslim burial within 24 hrs....

This is not like with Hitler...when Hitler died the war was completely over. With Osama there are multiple muslim extremist groups who will go on just as they have been doing but now with more hate and more brutal killings, than they already have committed.

Your question should go to SEAL Team 6, not an internet message board.

Me?

I don't question their judgement. They were there. They were under fire. They carried out the mission as well as could be expected.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:39 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
The SEAL team was in a sovereign nation uninvited, had just been thru an intense firefight and had seconds to make a decision, bin Laden resisted and got what he deserved.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:42 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
he's dead, that's all that counts

Old 05-04-2011, 08:45 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The SEAL team was in a sovereign nation uninvited, had just been thru an intense firefight and had seconds to make a decision, bin Laden resisted and got what he deserved.
Once you have broken one rule, all the rest are easy?
The end justifies the means?

Using this logic as justification is what makes American citizens less safe from it's own hostile government.

I don't mourn Osamas loss, but America for all it's arrogance about spreading democracy should set an example.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:45 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why send a SEAL team? They are supposed to be smarter than that. You could have sent an LAPD SWAT Team and gotten the same result months ago.

WACO?
RUBY RIDGE?
.... PAKISTAN?

Democrats have itchy trigger fingers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies