Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 07:33 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,526,537 times

Advertisements

Say you were there when bin Laden was caught. He falls on his knees and begs forgiveness for all his sins. Then he accepts Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. Will you forgive him? Or will you shoot him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 07:37 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,012,380 times
Aside from a slightly different angle on bashing Christians how is this a political topic?

Old 05-04-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Aside from a slightly different angle on bashing Christians how is this a political topic?
I'm not bashing Christians. And it is a controversial topic. So it belongs under "Politics and Other Controversies".

Old 05-04-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
I'm not bashing Christians. And it is a controversial topic. So it belongs under "Politics and Other Controversies".
It's a question of faith and application of beliefs. Nothing political about it.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
It's a question of faith and application of beliefs. Nothing political about it.
Just answer the question. If you don't want to participate, you are free not to participate.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Just answer the question. If you don't want to participate, you are free not to participate.
I am also free to participate in a manner I deem appropriate. With or without your blessing.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:53 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
You should be posing this question, to those children who lost a Parent on that fateful day, A Wife or Husband who had to rasise their babies or children alone, because on that fateful day, they were killed. Some children lost both aprents. People lost their Mothers or Fathers on that day, Grandparents were killed, a Sister or a Brother, why not ask those who lost a love one how they feel.

Somehow it is not for me to judge, for our maker will determine his fate, however i have a hard time even in Osama's ending, that he would become a change Man.

You ought to be asking God if he will forgive him, would like to hear his answer.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You should be posing this question, to those children who lost a Parent on that fateful day, A Wife or Husband who had to rasise their babies or children alone, because on that fateful day, they were killed. Some children lost both aprents. People lost their Mothers or Fathers on that day, Grandparents were killed, a Sister or a Brother, why not ask those who lost a love one how they feel.

Somehow it is not for me to judge, for our maker will determine his fate, however i have a hard time even in Osama's ending, that he would become a change Man.

You ought to be asking God if he will forgive him, would like to hear his answer.
Well according to the Bible (New Testament), God would have forgiven bin Laden if he had asked for forgiveness and accepted Christ as his Lord and Savior. This is basic Christian doctrine. It can't get more basic than that. If bin Laden actually did this before he was killed, he could be in heaven by now, in the bosom of Jesus Christ.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:02 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Well according to the Bible (New Testament), God would have forgiven bin Laden if he had asked for forgiveness and accepted Christ as his Lord and Savior. This is basic Christian doctrine. It can't get more basic than that. If bin Laden actually did this before he was killed, he could be in heaven by now, in the bosom of Jesus Christ.
Your making a lot of assumptions........and how is one's religious beliefs political?

Old 05-04-2011, 08:29 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
As a good Catholic I would absolve him of his earthly sins then send him to meet his maker. I believe I was sent there as a holy avenger meting out Gods will.

WHAT?!?

Its as stupid as the fantasy the OP provides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies