Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 04:33 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,483,752 times

Advertisements

Here's a preview of the upcoming agenda of the new Republican led Senate.

GOP, Ready to Control Senate, Has New Strategy for Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 04:37 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,249,633 times
Its a start.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:37 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,915,816 times
It sounds terrible. Especially the part about exempting the Pacific Trade Agreement from congressional oversight. That thing was written by special interests for special interests and removes a lot of the US's sovereignty wrt the power of our courts, enforcement of labor or environmental laws, enforcement of safe working conditions, and who knows what else. Frankly, when 3/4ths of the treaty doesn't deal with trade can it still be called a trade treaty? Most of it deals with removing American sovereignty and subjecting us to the desire/whims of foreign courts and foreign bodies which have their own agendas. It is not something I could support even if they falsely call it a trade treaty.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:55 PM

57,390 posts, read 26,302,134 times
Getting a little ahead of themselves, win the election first then come up with an agenda.

Steer clear of negative statements, good luck.

Quote:
With Republicans poised to take control of the Senate, GOP lawmakers are
developing a strategy to pass key bills, while steering clear of negative
atmospherics
that could damage their chances of capturing the presidency in
2016, The Wall Street Journal reported
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com GOP, Ready to Control Senate, Has New Strategy for Obama
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

S

Old 09-02-2014, 07:10 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,807,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post

I noticed ole Billy Graham has a floating ad asking me to cast my vote for America and Jesus. Once one does, they have captured the email address of a kindred spirit and will sell it to anyone looking to make a $.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:37 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,483,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I noticed ole Billy Graham has a floating ad asking me to cast my vote for America and Jesus. Once one does, they have captured the email address of a kindred spirit and will sell it to anyone looking to make a $.
I'll bet you even CD does that. Facebook sells everything about you. There's money to be made in what one likes or the web sites one visits, etc.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:52 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,739,577 times
Good for the Senate. Given that Congress is filled with tea bagging nutjobs who can barely get anything done I doubt that it's Obama or the Democrats that they need to concern themselves with.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:05 AM

604 posts, read 935,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Good for the Senate. Given that Congress is filled with tea bagging nutjobs who can barely get anything done I doubt that it's Obama or the Democrats that they need to concern themselves with.
Nothing like name calling to further a conversation

Old 09-03-2014, 05:07 AM

46,328 posts, read 27,166,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post

LOL...yes cause the senate is doing such an amazing job right now....that's why obama has a phone and pen, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneR View Post
Nothing like name calling to further a conversation
Why do you expect anything different?

Old 09-03-2014, 05:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,581,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post

Might happen.

Might not.

See ya in two months.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies