Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 10:13 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
"You people?" Hmmmm......ok.

Anyway, i didn't hear it because you guys weren't saying it. And you didn't address my accusation that even if you guys WERE complaining (and you weren't), you were still actively electing tax and spend Repubs at the same time.

And you don't wanna discuss that because you know i'm right.
We (conservatives) were saying it and we've been voting for fiscal conservatives for years, many times the populous ends up electing whoever will give them the most handouts which is natural for that kind of voter.

The final outcome of an election doesn't mean that 100% of the people voted for the winner, you're aware of that right? I gave you a clear example which proves your entire premise wrong and you ignored it. Ron Paul is as far from a tax and spend Republican as you can get and he's been elected and re-elected many times by people just like myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 12:11 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,583,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmgsdder View Post
I never did.....
So if you complain about the deficit, you are automatically a right winger? I'm a no winger, but I do find fault in our deficit. But with your logic, I am a right winger. Right?

Old 05-05-2011, 12:38 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Of course not. It's obvious by the Republican proposals that they are not even remotely serious about reducing the deficit in any substantial way even now. It's just a political football for them to use and only complete dolts don't understand that truth.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:59 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Only about social spending, not military spending. They didn't like that spending but saw it as necessary. It came down to not liking the deficit but they believed the economy could recover to where it could be dealt with.
Now nobody thinks that is possible and only the people who just don't give a crap or have absolotely no idea whats going on think we don't have to drastically reduce all spending.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:27 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
I never did.....

Nope, nada.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:34 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
I never did.....

Then you weren't listening. Millions of us did. And we also complained about the wars.

Your problem is you assume all conservatives are alike.

Not all of us are Republicans.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:42 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
No, and I never heard them complain about big 'guvment'. I also never heard them complain about airport security, or any other security intrusion into our lives after 9/11. (talk about big 'guvment!!!)

They did complain about anyone who protested when either bush or cheney spoke. Remember that teacher who wore a tee-shirt with a small pocket sized print that had an anti-bush slogan? She was arrested, yet the wingnuts can attend protests with automatic assault weapons strapped across their chest. (LOL, I think the love of big guns is compensation for lack of big brains and big, well, you know).

Old 05-05-2011, 05:44 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
I never did.....
You weren't paying attention.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Raising hell? Uh...you mean whispering very lightly in very closed smokey backrooms. Yea...that sounds more like it.

Yea, you guys were raising hell alright. And electing tax and spend conservatives at the same time.
The Tea Party ousted as many republicans as they did democrats.

Reason.....spending!

Glenn Beck was railing about the policies of the Bush administration 5 years ago.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Only about social spending, not military spending. They didn't like that spending but saw it as necessary. It came down to not liking the deficit but they believed the economy could recover to where it could be dealt with.
Now nobody thinks that is possible and only the people who just don't give a crap or have absolotely no idea whats going on think we don't have to drastically reduce all spending.
You don't cut military spending during a war.

Cut waste, yes. Not spending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies