Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 10:22 PM

391 posts, read 513,623 times

Advertisements

Denmark ranks as having the happiest people in the world; I don't want to move there; what's wrong with me? Maybe, it's the same thing that makes me not want to go back 30-40 years as a woman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 10:24 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springazure View Post
When I was little, the adults would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I answered.... "Veterinarian". My Mother, Gma and Aunts would all say... "silly you, girls can't be Vets". I was beyond saddened and FORCED myself to go to Cosmetology School, because that's what all my female cousins did. They even got the local town Vet (a really old guy at the time, with old time values) to CONVINCE me that I could NEVER NEVER NEVER get into Vet School.

I never finished the Cosmo schooling. I HATED it! (I've got too much tomboy in me) All the while, I was attending Cosmetology School, I was also constantly reminded that hooking a doctor or lawyer for a husband could be my greatest achievement.

Several of my female cousins succeeded with such. I didn't. I STILL RESENT being denied the opportunity of Vet School. The elder women of my family were NOT supportive about any decisions I made, because it went against the grain.

You only have yourself to blame if you refused to look beyond your family at the message from the wider society, which, by the 1970's, was pretty encouraging of women's education.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:44 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It can be argued that feminists are the true misogynists who hate traditional concepts of femininity. I much prefer a woman who is happy being a woman to a woman who wishes she were a man.
Do you work outside of the house? Own a credit card? Car? Home?
Thank the women's movement.
Oh, don't get me wrong, there are numerous female misogynists on this board.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:23 PM

66 posts, read 63,555 times
White people across the world are subfertile = they are decreasing in number. This is symptomatic of a people, an ethnic group, a culture, that is sick and dying. I say remove the poisons (and the poisonous influences) from society so that we don't go extinct by the end of the century.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:52 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Trader View Post
White people across the world are subfertile = they are decreasing in number. This is symptomatic of a people, an ethnic group, a culture, that is sick and dying. I say remove the poisons (and the poisonous influences) from society so that we don't go extinct by the end of the century.
OK, I'll bite. What are the "poisons", and the "poisonous influences"?

Old 05-09-2011, 12:00 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
I agree that feminism is very poisonous and the worst thing invented. Over 80% of Western women have lost their femininity due to this propaganda.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:03 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
How is this a troll thread? I'm only posting about this book to see what you guys thought about it. The authors wrote this book, not me.
There's a lot of white knights in this society who degrade real men as being misogynists. There's real women who hate feminism too. I praise the authors.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:11 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Happiness is statistically abnormal.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:11 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Never than in such unpleasant contexts are the words of Samuel Johnson from 250 years ago, properly understood and appreciated for their elegant use of the conditional, more appropriate:

It is better that some should be unhappy than that none should be happy, which would be the case in a general state of equality.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:27 AM

66 posts, read 63,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
OK, I'll bite. What are the "poisons", and the "poisonous influences"?
The new age ideologies and lifestyles not conducive to 'family' and 'reproduction'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies