Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 01:04 PM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
That's what happens when you listen to those Republicans.
You must have a reading comprehension problem. Did I say I listenned to "those Republicans"?

I said I must have missed the DEM solutions. Do you have access to them?
How about sharing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 06:28 PM

858 posts, read 707,878 times
It's a shame that the public has to look towards Jon Stewart and Comedy Central for journalistic integrity. He points things out about both sides if they do something stupid. My opinion of Fox News is that it ANGERS me that this is put on the air. I really really want an informed public making decisions as critical as public policy and choosing our elected officials. What Fox News does and the outright lies they put out there and distort things (such as this case) is just sad. People listen to this and are swayed. I'm sure some will argue that I'm wrong. In my mind, this is not a left vs. right, democrat vs republican thing...this is facts vs fiction and unfortunately fox news falls into the fiction too often with people like Jon Stewart ready to knock them down a peg.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:29 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
In other words, unemployed slackers sucking on bongs.
Wow.

Not only am I soon-to-be college graduate (until tomorrow), but I have a job (and another one lined up) and am not "sucking on bongs".

Just defied your logic. Now deal with it.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:42 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Bill O'Reilly's Epic Takedown of Jon Stewart.

"Care to Debate Common's Defense of Cop Killers?"

Old 05-15-2011, 02:48 AM

545 posts, read 400,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He was asked if he dated someone outside of his race. He didn't say that it was a white girl, did he? Why would you assume that it was?

Could have been Hispanic, Asian, Indian...who knows? But the fact that you're so quick to think that it was a white woman is telling on your part.

So if I said it was a Hispanic, Asian , Indian, Arab or something else would have somehow excused or made this clear racism better?...and the fact that you jumped over the part of him disapproving of mixed relationships and Obama being a product of a mixed relationship is "telling on your part"..

so what if I assume it was a white women?...do I have a reason to assume it would not be white women?..that he would be into every other woman and not the white ones?..wouldn't that be kinda racist?

He considers other races good enough to "sleep" with but not good enough to "date"....whether it be white, Asian , Hispanics or whatever...but the fact that you jumped over that and somehow tried to spin it by saying "why are you assuming its white women".when he clearly means anyone outside his own race...is again "telling on your part"...

But I bet you somehow feel good about yourself that you got me on something with your spinning, deflecting and dodging....good job...

Last edited by EricGold; 05-15-2011 at 03:00 AM..

Old 05-15-2011, 03:18 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Bill O'Reilly's Epic Takedown of Jon Stewart.

"Care to Debate Common's Defense of Cop Killers?"
The problem is, O'Reilly hides (or is ignorant of) the fact that Common does not believe she's a cop killer.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:37 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Awesome video. This guy is hilarious. Calls out all the hypocrites on the right.

Daily Show Common | Jon Stewart Fox News Rap | Video | Mediaite

He is funny and really too bad that he doesn't like to call out the hypocrites of the left. Kind of like so many in this forum.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:46 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
He is funny and really too bad that he doesn't like to call out the hypocrites of the left. Kind of like so many in this forum.
He does call out the Dems.

Jon Stewart Osama Bin Laden | Killing Bin Laden Credit | Video | Mediaite

And this:

The truth about the health care town halls - Bing Videos

Old 05-15-2011, 06:22 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Stewart is just the talking head folks. An actor with scripts.

'His' comedy comes from writers and he rehearses while watching himself on a screen. Now 'who' else does that?

His humor leads the masses.

Because they are so easily led.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:30 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,450 times
According to Pew Research, those that watch the Daily Show are typically more knowledgable than those that watch Fox News.

Public Knowledge of Current Affairs Little Changed by News and Information Revolutions | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

The Daily Show had the highest percentage of people who had a high knowledge level (54%). This beat out Hannity, O'Reilly, and Fox News.

In general, people who watch Fox News and its programs are less likely to be knowledgeable than somebody watching that "comedian" Jon Stewart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies