Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 06:00 PM

561 posts, read 505,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Do you really trust private industry to have your interests in their heart instead of money in their coffers?
5 Year Old Kyler Van Nocker Denied Treatment By Insurance Company; Dies Of Cancer | InjuryBoard Kansas City
Where were all the healthcare providers who chose medicine for "the right reasons?" Why didn't they care for him?

Where were all the proponents of socialized medicine? Why didn't they pay for his care or care for him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 06:12 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I am happy your father is OK.

We do read how the UK system has excessive waiting lines for tests, procedures and surgeries. In your opinion are these stories true?
Because of the huge immigration problem the NHS can be overwhelmed but new proceedures are put into place and new Hospitals are being built every day. I can only go on my own experiences. This is how it works...
We all have a GP...Local Doctor who we see for any illness or even talk to if depressed etc. The new guidlines are that you phone your GP and are seen that day or the next day. If your illness is severe, your GP will try to squeeze you in that day or you can go to the ER. Doctors also make housecalls if you cannot leave your home...they come the same day as your call. If your GP feels you need drugs or treatment he/she will prescribe whatever drugs you need... a presription to be filled regardless of what drug/drugs costs about $11.00.
If you need emergency treatment you can go to any ER in the Country and be seen. If you need to be admitted you will be admitted straight away. Last Feb i woke up in severe pain. My wife called an Ambulance. I was rushed to my local Hospital, given tests, morphine and was admitted. I had a operation the next day, friday ( gangrous gall bladder) had keyhole surgery and was discharged on the Monday. I went to my doctor a week later for a review and check up and suter removal. six months later i saw my consultant and was formally discharged... complete success.
No one in the UK is without health cover.
My daughter had a bad hip. she had a x-ray and scan a week after seeing the Doctor. It was discovered she had a dysplagic hip at 20 years of age. She has now had a complete hip replacement and goes back for regular check ups. There is also now a fast track if you have symptons that may be cancer. You are tested within a week and straight into Hospital if diagnosed with Cancer and given Chemo, Operation or whatever treatment is needed.
If you are a cold case and your illness is not life threatening or severe you can wait a few months for tests, seeing a consultant etc but it is on a importance structure... if you are severe you are seen quickly. If not it can take a few months. This is far better than the USA health system where millions can't even get seen or indeed have treatment... death is often the outcome.
No system is perfect but the UK system is amazing and it also stops health being tied into employment which is good for employer and employee alike.
My wife's daughter came over to see us in London and had a bad throat infection. We took her to our GP who examined her and gave her anti biotics which were free as she was under 16. He reviewed her before she came back to the USA and she was fine.... didn't cost a cent.
I am diabetic and all my drugs, insulin, reviews, testing machines/strips etc etc etc are completely free

Old 05-14-2011, 07:54 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loloroj View Post
It seems that YOU don't know how to understand your own posts. You wrote in big letters that the Medicare program will be insolvent in 13 years, meaning that it isn't now, but rather solvent. So you just posted as big as you please a rebuttal to your own argument. Pathetic is right, I couldn't describe your mess any better.

By the way, who were the big WS investment houses that went belly up back in 2008, you know, the guys who help the health insurance companies place their money in investments which pay off your health coverage. Oh yeah, the FEDs refused to tell us who and how much they got. But you want us to trust them when they came running to the public to save their butts. Yeah pathetic is the only way to describe your thinking....
I can't believe you are so dense. If you can't see the fallacy of letting the government control healthcare, then you are a bib part of the problem. As for your earlier little snide remarks, I'll give it the nanosecond of consideration it deserves.

There!! You're done.......

Old 05-14-2011, 08:04 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Didn't you forget to add an inurance company whose every move is based on profit? Will it make you more comfortable knowing that saving a dollar is more important than your treatment?
At least an insurance company can save a dollar .... something our government doesn't seem able to do. What do you think will happen to my treatment when they have no more money?

Old 05-14-2011, 08:07 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Has anyone here had a really bad experience with Govt run health system? Has anyone here had a really bad experience with the insurance based private health system?
Would love to compare experiences.
I experienced government healthcare in the Army. I don't want it again.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:07 PM

919 posts, read 1,782,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
I can't believe you are so dense. If you can't see the fallacy of letting the government control healthcare, then you are a bib part of the problem. As for your earlier little snide remarks, I'll give it the nanosecond of consideration it deserves.

There!! You're done.......
I accept your surrender, and will take the women...

Old 05-14-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
I accept your surrender, and will take the women...
Surrender? Typical liberal.

OK,...you can have the women,....ma'am.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
At least an insurance company can save a dollar .... something our government doesn't seem able to do. What do you think will happen to my treatment when they have no more money?
Actually Social Security ran a surplus for many years, and it was Wall Street bankers who were collapsing and needed untold billions if not trillions of public money to keep the doors open. Insurance companies use many of the instruments of those WS institutions in order to pay off their claims. Insurance companies are as dependent on gov handouts as are the proverbial welfare mother....

Old 05-14-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Surrender? Typical liberal.

OK,...you can have the women,....ma'am.
Not only is your political thinking pathetic but your understanding of relationships is as well. But a guy like you probably does prefer the company of lesbians....

Old 05-14-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Not only is your political thinking pathetic but your understanding of relationships is as well. But a guy like you probably does prefer the company of lesbians....
...........ANYBODY is preferable to a LIBERAL!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies