Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 03:37 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times

Advertisements

so we are 4 months into this session and you are going to count that as two years??? fess up you were wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
100th 2 years
101th 2 years
102nd 2 years
103rd 2 years
107th 17 months Forgot to remove the 7 months
110th 2 years
111th 2 years
112th 2 years --- Sorry I was counting this 2 years.

However I was absolutely correct on the house of representatives though.
as far as the house goes, I don't think we ever disagreed, you misread my first post, I said the R's controlled the WH for 20 or the 30 years, I suspect you misread that 20 years.

Last edited by buzzards27; 05-15-2011 at 03:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 03:43 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
correct, and they are well financed and extremely disciplined. They know how to frame an issue and deflect attention away from their mistakes and flaws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
The Repubs are the party of the rich...their propaganda machine is just usually much better oiled than that of the Dems.

Well to be fair, Reps have it alot easier because they have very powerful weapons in their arsenal, namely fear hatred and greed.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:00 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
The Repubs are the party of the rich...their propaganda machine is just usually much better oiled than that of the Dems.

Well to be fair, Reps have it alot easier because they have very powerful weapons in their arsenal, namely fear hatred and greed.
But the NY Times is a propaganda organ of the "progressives," along with other parts of "mainstream" media--and the Dems share two of those powerful tools (fear and hatred) and own the patent on another--envy.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:28 PM

683 posts, read 824,935 times
Default Senate Blocks Bill Repealing $2B In Oil Tax Breaks

All about the working man aren't they....???

Senate Blocks Bill Repealing $2B In Oil Tax Breaks : NPR (http://www.npr.org/2011/05/17/136408054/senate-blocks-bill-repealing-2b-in-oil-tax-breaks - broken link)

Old 12-26-2014, 05:28 PM

1 posts, read 983 times
Florida lsandy is the only one who has said anything worth mentioning

no one has been able to adequately adhear to the original posts request to defend their party's previous 30 tenure and you have all turn to defaming the other sides party....
this tells me both Democrates and Republicans can be deamed usless and tossed aside. we need to start fresh

Old 12-26-2014, 05:41 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
I have lived well under Republicans and under Dem's I find myself struggling. Plus a recession to boot. Democrats have traditional has been and will be anti business. My visit to the NE has confirmed that Dems who run those states find every measure to raise tax revenue.
Nothing gets fixed and I did notice many abandon old farm house left to rot. Maybe NJ should audit the boot along with NY.

These same Dems should look in their own back yards for a change. There is reason why NY and NJ people migrant to Florida.

I wish they would fix their state first , before running Florida.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:12 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinthecorner View Post
Florida lsandy is the only one who has said anything worth mentioning

no one has been able to adequately adhear to the original posts request to defend their party's previous 30 tenure and you have all turn to defaming the other sides party....
this tells me both Democrates and Republicans can be deamed usless and tossed aside. we need to start fresh
Both parties do not care one iota about the country but about stuffing they and their cronies pockets.

Ross Perot was an American First and a Business Man second where he cared about the impact policies have on this country and its citizens.

The great sucking sound happened and continues to happen with both parties supporting it.

The well being of this nation is not even on their list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqvYLNaMZCo

Old 12-26-2014, 06:24 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I have lived well under Republicans and under Dem's I find myself struggling. Plus a recession to boot. Democrats have traditional has been and will be anti business. My visit to the NE has confirmed that Dems who run those states find every measure to raise tax revenue.
Nothing gets fixed and I did notice many abandon old farm house left to rot. Maybe NJ should audit the boot along with NY.

These same Dems should look in their own back yards for a change. There is reason why NY and NJ people migrant to Florida.

I wish they would fix their state first , before running Florida.
Obama has bent over backwards to please his corporate sponsors like the Insurance Industry and Big Wall Street Banks. As do the Republicans

If you are one of the ones that support unlimited campaign contributions and $$lobbying$$ as Freedom of Speech, then you can give yourself a pat on the back for helping it along.

Adam Smith believed in Free Market Capitalism where everyone is on their own and capitalists should be no where near Washington DC writing policies. Who would have thunk it that they would write policies to benefit themselves and screw everyone else.

The Markets are rigged.

In 1970 there were less than 200 lobby offices in DC. Today, that number is well over 2000 lobby offices.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:19 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
[quote=Blind Sniper;19128415]Here is your homework assignment, should you choose to accept it...
I would like for you to produce two lists; On the first, list out everything that the Republicans have done for the American Working Class over the last 30 years. On the second, list out everything that the Republicans have done for the corporate fascist ruling class over the last 30 years.

The Dems are not exempt from this either but we will get to

First, what do you mean by "working" class? Don't we all work? I've been working for 45-years.
It seems you have an agenda. I imagine you have a crappy existence and are angry at the world.
Finally, as for your two lists, I have a suggestion. Find a drywall bucket and fill it about 3/4-full
with sand or rubble. Take several sheets of paper commonly used for lists and roll them up tightly.
Place the rolled up papers vertically into the sand. Now drop your pants and have a seat on the bucket.
You will now feel where your lists can go.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:28 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Here is your homework assignment, should you choose to accept it...
I would like for you to produce two lists; On the first, list out everything that the Republicans have done for the American Working Class over the last 30 years. On the second, list out everything that the Republicans have done for the corporate fascist ruling class over the last 30 years.

The Dems are not exempt from this either but we will get to them later...
http://www.gvpt.umd.edu/jgloekler/do...s/contract.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies