Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 04:26 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,981,669 times

Advertisements

History repeates itself.

In the 30's Europeans didn't think that the problem of the Jews was their problem. They didn't want to get involved at that time either. Hitler made great gains while the people of Europe and the USA were in denial, dithered, or flat out ignored the genocide Hitler was conducting.

It saddens me that so many Americans are willing to do the same as radical Islam surrounds Israel vowing her destruction and our POTUS enables them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 04:41 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,990,176 times
If Israel gets chopped in 2, and the lands are as they were in 67, the I bet the lands in America will revert to the way they were in the year 1500. Why not?

Now I have no idea what you folks will do, but I know what I will do

If muslims want their people from Palestine, let Muslims make a state for them.

If we didn't hold the dogs of war, Israel would have stomped the hell out of the usurpers long ago.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:58 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,411,657 times
Default Too extreme, but changes must happen now

Cutting Israel loose is a bit extreme. But changes must happen. President Obama's solution is an excellent one. It was a mistake to allow Israel to INTRUDE on Arab land, then support their killing of millions of Arabs. This must be undone. Arab people are a proud, nobile people and obviously have the resolve to fight the good fight. They should not have been treated in this manner and terrorism has resulted. The US and Israel are in the wrong here and must change.

Israel needs to get their intrusive arses off of Arab land and the US cannot afford to send billions of dollars to Israel while we're trying to stop this country from bleeding to death after 8 horrific years of Bush.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:59 PM

764 posts, read 597,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Ummm, wasn't it Obama and his administration who wanted an end to American exceptionalism? Wasnt it this president who went around bowing to world leaders, a gesture that shows you to be lower than the person you're bowing to? Obama set himself up as a weak leader and he's now surprised other world leaders are not doing what he says? For Israel, this isn't about politics. This is about their very survival both as a nation and literally their very lives since they are surrounded by Muslims who teach their children at an early age to not only hate Jews, but also celebrate their deaths. Some of these countries have made it their official goal of killing all the Jews in Israel. And yet Obama wants to make Israel committ suicide. No way.
Quote:
I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism. I'm enormously proud of my country and its role and history in the world. If you think about the site of this summit and what it means, I don't think America should be embarrassed to see evidence of the sacrifices of our troops, the enormous amount of resources that were put into Europe postwar, and our leadership in crafting an Alliance that ultimately led to the unification of Europe. We should take great pride in that.

And if you think of our current situation, the United States remains the largest economy in the world. We have unmatched military capability. And I think that we have a core set of values that are enshrined in our Constitution, in our body of law, in our democratic practices, in our belief in free speech and equality, that, though imperfect, are exceptional.

Now, the fact that I am very proud of my country and I think that we've got a whole lot to offer the world does not lessen my interest in recognizing the value and wonderful qualities of other countries, or recognizing that we're not always going to be right, or that other people may have good ideas, or that in order for us to work collectively, all parties have to compromise and that includes us.
Well, sorry that Obama didn't give the simple minded "AMERICAN IS THE NUMBER ONES!!1!" type answer that the right is only able to think of.

He's saying that having pride in your country doesn't mean you can't respect and appreciate other countries, or cultures, and that humility doesn't equal failure or weakness.

The guy has really disappointed me, but I'm glad that we have a President that will say complex and substantial things like that...

Old 05-20-2011, 05:18 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,637,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
No, it is time to cut the Palistinians loose and remove them from both Gaza and the West bank and then make parkinglots out of anyone who tries to invade Israel.
So, do you go along with the Kahanists who think the US should take in the Palestinians so Eretz Israel can be restored to its proper borders?

(Note that "Eretz Israel" goes all the way to the Euphrates, so the Israeli extreme right/settler movement believes that part of Iraq should be in Israel.)

Old 05-20-2011, 06:46 PM

43,743 posts, read 44,512,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Cutting Israel loose is a bit extreme. But changes must happen. President Obama's solution is an excellent one. It was a mistake to allow Israel to INTRUDE on Arab land, then support their killing of millions of Arabs. This must be undone. Arab people are a proud, nobile people and obviously have the resolve to fight the good fight. They should not have been treated in this manner and terrorism has resulted. The US and Israel are in the wrong here and must change.

Israel needs to get their intrusive arses off of Arab land and the US cannot afford to send billions of dollars to Israel while we're trying to stop this country from bleeding to death after 8 horrific years of Bush.
Israel has not killed millions of Arabs. Israel was attacked by its Arab neighbors bent on its destruction and Israel defended itself and gained control to more land.

The USA cannot afford to send billions of dollars to Egypt and other countries around the world (besides Israel) but it continues to do so. The USA should stop sending money to all countries except during humanitarian & emergency aid situations and take care of its own people before trying to solve the problems of the Middle East and other parts of the world.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:51 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,505,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

Metaphor: So if I broke into your house. I tried to kill you and your family. In the scuffle, you managed to take some of my belongs for proof. Now, I want you to negotiate with me so that I can get those items back.

By the way I still have a plan to come in and kill your whole family. You know this because I'm wearing it on my t-shirt.

Doesn't seem too noble does it?

The Egyptian Front
The Jordanian Front
The Syrian Front
Cease-fires

Timeline

Last edited by BigJon3475; 05-20-2011 at 07:04 PM..

Old 05-20-2011, 07:00 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,576,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
So, Netanyahu comes to the White and tells Obama and the American people this "ain't gonna happen" and that "aint gonna happen" regarding Palestinian issues and Statehood for Palestinians.

It's time for the United States to end this "special relationship" crap with Israel, stop being Israel's caretaker and begin letting Israel take care of itself and surviving on its own.

The United States needs to downgrade relations with Israel from "special" to "normal", just as other small, insignificant countries around the world.
the American president has his head in the sand!!! doesnt Obama know the palestinians want the whole state of isreal. sorry to say it but this president is an idiot!!!!! what a fool!

Old 05-20-2011, 07:04 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,505,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Israel has not killed millions of Arabs. Israel was attacked by its Arab neighbors bent on its destruction and Israel defended itself and gained control to more land.

The USA cannot afford to send billions of dollars to Egypt and other countries around the world (besides Israel) but it continues to do so. The USA should stop sending money to all countries except during humanitarian & emergency aid situations and take care of its own people before trying to solve the problems of the Middle East and other parts of the world.
And then you take the risk of possibly lighting the match that sets the entire place on fire.

Not sure this will ever be resolved.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:09 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,227,298 times
[quote=dorado0359;19237855]............
It's time for the United States to end this "special relationship" crap with Israel, stop being Israel's caretaker and begin letting Israel take care of itself and surviving on its own. quote]

Maybe your wish will come true,....but you may not like the results. Maybe it is time to unleash Israel,...maybe it's time to take the rein off and let Israel determine its own destiny.

The United States has been a stabilizing influence over Israel, but the minute Israel determines that America is no longer in its corner, Israel may start eliminating its irritating neighbors. It's easy for Americans to sit in front of their computers and condemn Israel, ....we don't have to worry about rockets flying across the border taking lives indiscriminately.

America doesn't have neighbors who openly plot for our destruction and annihilation. History has proven that Israel is quite adept at defending itself so far,....so YES!!!,...by all means, turn our backs on the only middle eastern country who has a favorable opinion of America.

Turn Israel loose. Americans can watch the ensuing war on the nightly news,....just like we did Desert Storm and Stormin' Norman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies