Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 06:40 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,392,265 times

Advertisements

From an article in Real Clear Politics:

The glaring reason for the family's hesitation [to subject their lives to the scrutiny of a presidential campaign] is a 1990s gap in the couple's marriage, when Mrs. Daniels divorced the now-governor and fled to California with a doctor, who was married at the time. Mrs. Daniels returned to Indiana several years later and remarried Mitch. It has long been assumed that the experience is a painful one for the couple that they do not like speaking about publicly.

Holy cow! Republicans really do have the weirdest private lives!

Last edited by Gurbie; 05-13-2011 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 07:00 PM

45,459 posts, read 60,680,465 times
Yep, the guy isn't even a declared candidate and already the smear machine is in high gear.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:33 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,378,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
From an article in Real Clear Politics:

The glaring reason for the family's hesitation [to subject their lives to the scrutiny of a presidential campaign] is a 1990s gap in the couple's marriage, when Mrs. Daniels divorced the now-governor and fled to California with a doctor, who was married at the time. Mrs. Daniels returned to Indiana several years later and remarried Mitch. It has long been assumed that the experience is a painful one for the couple that they do not like speaking about publicly.

Holy cow! Republicans really do have the weirdest private lives!
Republicans certainly know how to (re)define family values.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,675,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yep, the guy isn't even a declared candidate and already the smear machine is in high gear.
How's that a smear? Sounds like fair and balanced news reporting to me. On Obama they have nothing, so they invent junk like birther stuff.....On these guys the skeletons are so obvious they're not even totally decomposed.....

Old 05-13-2011, 07:39 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,577,108 times
Quote:
Quit giving the other side material, then.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:45 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,487,286 times
Quote:
RCP isn't exactly a liberal site.....

Old 05-13-2011, 08:01 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,873,563 times
Maybe John Ensign and Tom Coburn will be able to have adjoining rooms at C Street Church branch office in Fed Prison. Daniels is one of the few reasonably worthy Repubs.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:03 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,392,265 times
Quote:
I do feel a little dirty for posting it!

BUT... it would be naive as hell to think that this is not the #1 reason Mitch didn't declare months ago. For obvious reasons, I would expect his wife is not looking forward to the scrutiny that's coming.

Now, as a secular humanist Liberal Dem, I couldn't care less about this stuff. So long as no children or pets are harmed, have at it, say I. For all I know, the Daniels family saga will turn out to be a beautiful story of love lost and found, with a happy ending (at least, it will by the time the GOP spinners get done with it )

But it is interesting, when you consider the rank hypocracy of the family values types. What is it about living in Bible Country anyway? Boredom? Something in the water? You expect this kind of behavior from us Dems, FFS!

Personally, I hope Daniels runs. I think he's one of the very few GOPers who would make a credible president (at least till he voted to defund Planned Parenthood last week. That stunk)

But I doubt he'll survive the hypocrits in his own party, let alone make it to the National stage. Face it, if he gets that far, side-by-side comparisons with Obama's family values are going to be a little awkward.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:03 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,702,004 times
holy **** a marriage issue, guess he's like half of the ****ing country

Old 05-13-2011, 08:04 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,768,423 times
It's little wonder quality people have not interest in running for office and we are left with the likes of Chuck Schumer and Joe biden. God help us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies