Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 02:13 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
"...Again, this does not and cannot happen with just a straight scan of a document.
And again, it is not a straight scan of a document. It is a scan into an optimized PDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson
The entire page would have been scanned into a single layer.
True if it was scanned to JPEG. True if it was scaned to TIFF. True if it was scanned to GIF. True if it was scanned to BMP.

False if it was scanned to PDF.

Oh look! It's a PDF.

Quote:
I have worked in and with the government at all levels for years and documents that are being validated will be printed/scanned and then the validating officer will stamp his credentials on the document, date, and sign.
I call bullsh*t. This doesn't even make sense. Why would there be a scanning step between printing and certifying?

Quote:
Then the document is made into a PDF file by scanning and saving the scanned image as a PDF. This always produces a single layer file.
I again call bullsh*t. It does not always or even usually produce a single layer file if the output is a PDF. I suspect that this writer has never even bothered to check. Seriously? Why would they have ever bothered to check how many layers were in a PDF they had just created?

Quote:
The only way to create multiple layers is through a software package that works with layers such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or some other graphics package – and the only reason to do that, in this case, is to change the data that is on the original and thus, as in this case, produce a forgery to fool the public..."
This is simply false, as can be proved by anyone with a MAC. The metadata proves that 1) no Adobe product ever touched this PDF and 2) that from the moment of its creation it has never been altered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 02:17 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

This is simply false, as can be proved by anyone with a MAC. The metadata proves that 1) no Adobe product ever touched this PDF and 2) that from the moment of its creation it has never been altered.
Anyone with a MAC? What does the platform have anything to do with it? Anyway, how do YOU know it has never been altered? You simply don't.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:17 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Perhaps you, TRUEGRITT and SourD should setle among yourselves whether this is a conspiracy theory or not and then get back to us.
I think by definition it is but, as with anything, there are always going to be more than one opinion.

I am always interested to hear what you have to say because for the most part you always come with your facts but not all facts are seen as facts as can be seen in many court cases. Lies, deceit, forgery, etc, are all things humans are capable of and it seems to a very high degree in the political arena.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
What little I know about you I understand that statement but it does not help your argument that it is a dead issue.
Why should it, since it has nothing to do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT
518 current news stories seems like far more than a dead issue, wouldn't you agree? A dead issue would be none if I am thinking straight.
Oh? Let's pressure test that.

Live issues:

Obama jobs - 18,200 news stories
Obama spending - 19,800 news stories
Obama terrorism - 9,600 news stories
Obama Europe - 14,100 news stories
Obama 2012 - 16,600 news stories

Dead issues:

Obama BC - 518 news stories
Obama teleprompter - 183 news stories
Palin quits - 635 news stories
Bigfoot - 439 news stories
Crop circles - 396 news stories

Old 06-01-2011, 02:26 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,103 times
Quote:
I have thought about everything that I have found on the matter and it has led me to believe that he is not eligible so why should anyone who believes that he is not eligible try and explain everything that has been put out there again and again knowing you will never see things the way I/we do?

If I find something new I will post it and discuss it but at some point it always leads to I am crazy by you believers and I think you are unquestioning sheep for not.
Well fair enough, why not try to answer the questions I posted earlier? Why not try to answer them and try to convince me? Instead of trying to convince me, you responded by trying to convince yourself. I would love to hear any possible narrative where Obama was born in Kenya, where Obama's family managed to commit fraud within days of his birth, and where the Department of Health produced not one, but two fraudulent birth certificates. I'd love to hear it even more if it could be done in such a way where I don't have to do a spit take.

Quote:
Thinking that the government could not and would not do something like this is naive in my opinion. My own kids have tried to lie to me why wouldn't the government.
Again, saying that because the government has lied means that they are lying about this completely unrelated subject is poor logic. If you want me to believe the government is lying about this, I'd like to hear at least some attempt from you or anybody else about what you think the actual truth is!

Birthers, on the other hand, have been lying to me for years. They told me that only a citizen of Indonesia could attend school in Indonesia, and therefore Obama gave up his citizenship. They told me that Americans could not go to Pakistan in 1981, and therefore Obama gave up his citizenship by going to Pakistan, or going on a foreign passport. They told me that this Kenyan birth certificate proved Obama was born abroad. When they found out that it was the product of a prankster, they then told me that this other Kenyan birth certificate, presented by a convicted forger with the first name of the hospital administrator spelled wrong was proof that Obama was born in Kenya. They told me that you need two citizen parents to be a natural born citizen, despite the fact that no current judge, congressman, constitutional scholar or law professor agrees with them.

At this point, on this issue, if it comes down to a credibility contest between the government and birthers, the government will win every time. Even if the government has and does lie on other issues. I have been lied to by birthers far too many times now. I simply don't trust anything they say at this point on this issue as a matter of course.

Quote:
As a person I have nothing against Obama, as a matter of political views and policy I have many problems. I am sure there are many millions who feel the same no matter who is in office.
You think that he has been committing an ongoing campaign of fraud to cover up where he was actually born. That sounds pretty personal to me.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Anyone with a MAC?. What does the platform have anything to do with it?
Look at the Metadata of the PDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD
Anyway, how do YOU know it has never been altered? You simply don't.

All you need is to right click with your mouse and then pick "Document properties."

Old 06-01-2011, 02:30 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:

All you need is to right click with your mouse and then pick "Document properties."
That proves nothing at all. The PDF could have been made from the forged document. You know, make up the document THEN create the PDF? All you need to create a PDF is a word doc or you can SCAN the forged creation right into a PDF.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:31 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Not really. 1 or 2 people need to be involved MAX. It can be done with a single person being involved besides Obama.
Quote:
I think probably more than a couple but that is JMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The media, courts, and Congress are all complicit in this fraud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
There's no doubt about it...
Ah, it's a magical conspiracy - exactly as large or as small as the argument requires. What will they think of next?

Old 06-01-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
That proves nothing at all.
It proves that 1) the image has never been altered from the moment it was created, 2) pretty much eviscerating the Birther hypothesis regarding layers and their purpose.

Quote:
The PDF could have been made from the forged document. You know, make up the document THEN create the PDF?
That doesn't rescue the Birther hypothesis. It is essentially completely admitting that scanning an ordinary piece of paper into PDF creates layers that are not, themselves, signs of forgery.

Quote:
All you need to create a PDF is a word doc or you can SCAN the forged creation right into a PDF.
Okay... now explain the layers again?

Old 06-01-2011, 02:40 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Well fair enough, why not try to answer the questions I posted earlier? Why not try to answer them and try to convince me? Instead of trying to convince me, you responded by trying to convince yourself. I would love to hear any possible narrative where Obama was born in Kenya, where Obama's family managed to commit fraud within days of his birth, and where the Department of Health produced not one, but two fraudulent birth certificates. I'd love to hear it even more if it could be done in such a way where I don't have to do a spit take.
I am sure you have heard most, if not all, of the arguments and it is apparent that nothing has effected your way of thinking so it would be a mission of futility.

Quote:
Again, saying that because the government has lied means that they are lying about this completely unrelated subject is poor logic. If you want me to believe the government is lying about this, I'd like to hear at least some attempt from you or anybody else about what you think the actual truth is!
I never stated that because they lie they are lying about this, I only say that it sets a precedence that they are capable as apposed to being incapable.

Quote:
You think that he has been committing an ongoing campaign of fraud to cover up where he was actually born. That sounds pretty personal to me.
I suppose that as a concerned citizen that the law be upheld and people do their jobs, it is personal but, only in that manor.

If this is true as I suspect it is what else can/will our government pull on it's people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies